DAVIS CUP avec Nono! - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #76
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

*la chance de l'avoir...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2004, 09:50 PM   #77
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DAVIS CUP avec Nono!

here's a good one on yahoo...

and the interview with arnaud:
http://www.fft.fr/evenements2004/CD-...ement0802.html

which i have yet to run translation on ...
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:54 PM   #78
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

more to translate......

but i'm sure they must be lots of good things..... arnaud must now be the #1 hero for his captain, lol
Old 02-09-2004, 06:53 AM   #79
taremi

taremi is on a distinguished road

All of the pics are awesome!!!!! Thank you for putting, Marine and Via!!!!
So, Arnaud seems to crying on Via's pic, doesn't he?

I'm so glad to my path crossed with yours.
taremi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 07:31 AM   #80
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: DAVIS CUP avec Nono!

MARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SO MUCH for posting all that!! That's quite an effort from you!! Lol

Nah...actually Via it was ME who knew Arnaud would win on clay...i never had doubts... haha ok well maybe i DID...but yes Arnaud pulled through and i am so proud of him!! this is the best result possible ...

Remember what i was sayign to you Vale!!! My predictions came thru perfectly!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:11 AM   #81
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: DAVIS CUP avec Nono!

I have French homework but this is more interesting lol

Interview Arnaud Clément
A shared victory
Hero of the France-Croatia tie, Arnaud is happy to be able to share the victory with the rest of the team.

Arnaud, we felt the relief and a lot of emotion at the end of the match...

Yeah, i know. In such an amazing DC atmosphere, there is always heaps of emotion. It's the second time i've had the play the decisive match for France (i didnt know he had lost one before but i just checked and it was against brazil in 2000 for neone who was wondering!) and its the first time i've won. It's a big thing for me to win the last point for the team, for the whole team. It was hard work, we've all been working hard, the players and staff alike. It's a special moment, its the first time i've experienced it like this. I'm very happy.

So how are you feeling at the moment?
I"m really happy for everyone. We have prepared so well and when we win a tie after ten days of intense training, its great to share the victory with everyone.

Do you think you may settle down in Metz soon (is that what they meant?!)
(Laugh) I really like it here for the moment. i have to say a huge thank you to the public, we really needed them. It was a considerable advantage for us during the weekend.

The tie break in the last set was crucial.
Yeah it was very important. We both were quite tense. I dominated in the third set. The match was in my hands. I led 40-0 in a game where i was broken back and with the quality of his serve we were back to 5-5 and then 6-6. Then everything started to get tighter. I palyed a really good tie break. After that i was able to relax a bit more at the start of the fourth.

A lot was expected from you, with you taking on the number one position...
There were two main things to think about: an external pressure and also an internal one. The first was the Seb wasnt there, we knew that we didnt have much room for error. That meant it was vital that i won both my singles. But we together in the group, we never felt extra pressure from the others. Even if i had lost today, there was Nicolas whom we could have counted on. I didnt say to myself, 'oh la la if i lose, we're goign to lose the tie.' (LOL he's so adorable!) But i knew that we had two chances today to win the tie. It's cool that it was done in the first attempt.

The Swiss in the quarters...there won't be good memories.
Last year, the defeat in Toulouse against the same Swiss team coincided with the start of the (falling out- not the exact translation but you get what it means) of the team. Toulouse, it was really a defeat...It wasnt a nice defeat at all. (reflects). We can always lose, but that was really bitter. The Swiss beat us at home, we beat them in Switzerland in 2001 at Neuchâtel. We're goign to try and get our revenge
esther is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 08:14 AM   #82
country flag esther

lol @ the change of thread name, marine

YAY FOR ARNAUD!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:41 AM   #83
xuzizhen

xuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond repute

another itv from yahoo.fr
http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/040208/1/3mvpt.html
Old 02-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #84
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

So wonderful articles about Arnaud in L'equipe, SO SWEET, if Arnaud read it, he'll be proud ! I'll type it tomorrow or wednesday...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 08:28 PM   #85
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Marine for posting the front-page of L'Equipe!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:04 PM   #86
taremi

taremi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Re: DAVIS CUP avec Nono!

WOW!!!!! GREAT JOB, MARINE!!!!! THANK YOU HEAPS!!!!!

I'm so glad to my path crossed with yours.
taremi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:43 PM   #87
country flag esther

awwwwwwwwww
thanks thatd be great if you could do that marine
Old 02-09-2004, 10:07 PM   #88
country flag Via

pre-match predictions: (from earlier in this thread)
marine: Arnaud will have to make lots efforts the next week !!! He's motived, no doubt !! Maybe he'll be the hero of the week-end !! I hope so much !! He'd deserve it !!!! He's so dedicated to this competition.... allez Arnaud !

well marine has won hands down, so now she's running wild with her posts thanx !!! you've done a great job, even the scanner has come out, lol !!!!!!

but you know what, arnaud tends to perform all the heroics for france in the early rounds... then if they get to the final, he won't get to play in it
Old 02-10-2004, 12:18 AM   #89
country flag esther

ugh if they get to another final and he doesnt play...that would just be EVIL!!!!!

yeah marine...you have been wonderful with all your 'wild posting'!! thanks again!!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:02 PM   #90
xuzizhen

xuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe the photo of l'equipe changed!!