Jan Hajek - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #61
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jan Hajek

Jan won the Ostrava CH as a qualifier, think this is the 3rd time he has won a challenger as a qualifier. He defeated Kubot, Darcis and Dodig in the final.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #62
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Hajek qualified for the Prostejov Challenger and he has defeated Jan Minar in 3 sets and Gimeno 6-3 6-1. He now plays Ljubo in the quarter finals.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #63
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Jan keep it up
Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #64
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Hajek defeated Ljubo 6-3 6-3 and now he plays Starace in the semis.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #65
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The big Jan does it again, he has made the final of Prostejov taking out Starace 6-4 7-5.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #66
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

great
Old 06-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #67
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Jan takes the title in Prostejov taking out Darcis 6-2 1-6 6-4.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #68
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

http://www.czech-open.com/index.php?...672284a09b50fe

Jan Hajek: I am unbelievably happy.

Jan Hajek from the Tennis Club AGROFERT Prostějov triumphed in the final of UniCredit Czech Open in Prostejov, the tournament subsidized with 127.500 EUR. He defeated the Belgian Steve Darcis 6:2, 1:6, 6:4.

Twenty-five year old Hajek won the tournament for the second time in three years. This year he was a great surprise of the tournament as he was neither seeded nor admitted directly to the main competition but had to fight his way up from qualification. In the history of the tournament there are only a few players to win the tournament twice: Czechs Radek Stepanek and Bohdan Ulichran, and Richard Fromberg form Australia.

Hajek entered the match very impressively. He broke Darcis’ serve twice and with five successful games in a row won the first set in less than 30 minutes. “I was nervous at the beginning, I did not sleep very well today, I was thinking this match over and over ...,” said Hajek at a press conference after the match.

But Darcis pulled himself together in the second set. He hit balls with increased force and accuracy and Hajek fell into depression. “I am sorry I missed the beginning of he second set, I should have had to push on my opponent more strongly. The situation from our match in Ostrava repeated. I was too passive and Steve was better in the second set,” added Hajek who went to the bathroom after the set to get refreshed a little bit. “I calmed down there and told myself this was going to be my last set at the tournament and I was resolved to win.”

The Czech player delivered completely different performance in the last set. He was more concentrated and won three games in a row. But the way to the championship was still to be a tortuous one. Darcis did not give up even at the score of 2:5, on the contrary, he diverted one match point when serving and than managed to break another Hajek’s serve. However, in the end Hajek managed to turn his fourth match point into the victory in the whole tournament.

This victory pushed Hajek to the world’s second hundred in ATP ranking but not to the qualification in Wimbledon and he will have to go on at challengers on clay. His futures plans include participation at the tournaments in Kosice and Bytom in Poland.

How he evaluated the tennis week in Prostejov?
“It was great, I won eight matches. Each match was a great battle. It started with a duel against Robin Vik and finished today in the final. I am very happy I kept the shape throughout the whole tournament and unbelievably happy I managed to triumphed in the end.”

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #69
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Jan
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #70
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Jan

Old 06-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #71
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Santiago Ventura ESP [1] vs. Giancarlo Petrazzuolo ITA
Martin Klizan SVK [WC] vs. Kamil Capkovic SVK [Q]
Martin Alund ARG vs. Diego Alvarez ARG [Q]
Miguel Angel Lopez-Jaen ESP [8] vs. Niels Desein BEL

David Marrero ESP [4] vs. Adrian Ungur ROU
Miloslav Mecir Jr. SVK [WC] vs. Adam Kellner HUN [Q]
Andreas Haider-Maurer AUT vs. Stéphane Robert FRA
Dominik Hrbaty SVK [5] vs. Pablo Santos ESP

Yuri Schukin KAZ [6] vs. Alexander Flock GER
[SE] Jan Hajek CZE vs. Jaroslav Pospisil CZE
Juan Pablo Amado ARG vs. Antonio Veic CRO
Jiri Vanek CZE [3] vs. Marek Semjan SVK [LL]

Juan Pablo Brzezicki ARG [7] vs. Nicolas Reissig AUT [WC]
João Souza BRA vs. Boris Pashanski SRB
Thiemo de Bakker NED vs. Jerzy Janowicz POL [WC]
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo ESP [2] vs. Ivan Sergeyev UKR [Q]

Jan beat Pospil in straight sets.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #72
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Jan defeated Schukin 6-3 6-4. Jiri Vanek is next.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #73
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Hajek will be in the top 200 next week.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-14-2009, 04:38 AM   #74
country flag Getta

Jan drew Yannick Mertens in Bytom.

http://www.bytomopen.pl/tl_files/pdf/MDS.pdf
Old 06-19-2009, 02:24 AM   #75
country flag Getta

Jan has defeated Mertens and Panfil. He plays Jerzy Janowicz in the quarters.