The "HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HC Thread (Cincy!) - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #76
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy, give us something to get excited about during the summer hardcourt season.

Flip? Why is the USTA so willing to continue to be his food supply?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2006, 09:05 PM   #77
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy, give us something to get excited about during the summer hardcourt season.

When will the draw be available for Indy?

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #78
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

Comes out tonight Jen

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:27 PM   #79
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope he gets a good draw.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

Old 07-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #80
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Steve Tignor previews Indy:

Quote:
Who will have more success, Andy Roddick or James Blake?

Just as Blake has turned himself into a consistent force, Roddick’s stature in the sport has at least temporarily been lowered. Blake is now ranked No. 6, while Roddick, at No 11, has fallen out of the Top 10 for the first time in three years. They’re both scheduled to kick off the hard-court season next week in Indy, where Roddick has won twice. I feel like Andy reached a low in his loss to Murray, a match where his weaknesses were exposed, and that he has few expectations for himself at the moment. This may help him go out and play more instinctively during his favorite part of the year (I have no reason for saying this; wishful thinking, I guess.). Blake will also be in his element through the summer; he could easily win two Open Series events, and will challenge at the Masters. But at the biggest tournaments, there’s still some question of the depth of his desire. As my friend Jon Levey says, Blake may have too much perspective at this point in his life to have the killer instinct that you need to make it all the way through a Slam. There are certainly worse problems to have.

Another U.S. player of note will be in Indy, as a couple commenters mentioned: Californian Sam Querrey, who took a wildcard into the event. Querrey, 18 and 6-foot-6, has made tremendous strides in the last two years. He decided to turn pro rather than go to USC this fall. The decision was apparently helped by a push from Roddick, who told him he had the game for the pros. He’s got a huge serve and a smooth, compact forehand for such a big guy, though I really don’t know if he’s Top 10 material (anyone else have an opinion?). He lost to Murray today in Newport 5 and 2, but if you’re wondering about the future of U.S. tennis in the wake of the Wimbledon debacle, he’s at least someone we can take a look at over the summer.

What happens to the Federer-Nadal rivalry now?

They’re both scheduled for August’s Toronto and Cincinnati Masters events, which they split last year, so you have to figure they’ll meet at least once before the U.S. Open. Nadal is 2-1 against Federer on hard courts, but Fed is the far more accomplished player on the surface—he was 50-1 on it last year. They’ve each won their home-court Slams; the hard-court season will make the perfect, neutral-field final leg for them in 2006. It also may lead to tight matches, but you have to like Federer. While they both have all-world forehands, Fed’s is more suited to hard courts. He uses less backswing, hits with less height and more depth, and leans into it, which enables him to control the middle of the court, which is the real key to hard-court tennis. And if anyone is going to struggle to reach the finals, it will be Nadal, who has a couple scores to settle with James Blake.
Get ready for the Fedfans to start jumping on the Blake bandwagon again this summer.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #81
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

I sure hope Mr. Cheetos is eating truckloads of the stuff for his summer h/c assault.

[btw, I agree w Rogi when he said to Bud Collins that his toughest final was in 2004 vs. Mr. C because Bud was trying to get Rogi to say that this yr's final was the toughest and I don't think Rogi is "talking up" Mr. C to "talk down" Rafa at all. I think Rogi feels that Mr. C is better on grass than Rafa. Besides, Rogi and Mr. C have a mutual respect and fondness for each other!! So cute!] When Mr. C took that first set, he was definitely playing well and I was quite worried for Rogi.

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #82
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

It took me several reads through that to realize who you meant by Mr. C

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 07-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #83
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
It took me several reads through that to realize who you meant by Mr. C
Well, you know, I am reluctant to use my pet name for him... [also, every time I see a duck, I think Mr. C... esp in that last Afflack ad!!]

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 07-14-2006 at 09:49 PM.
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:53 PM   #84
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
Well, you know, I am reluctant to use my pet name for him... [also, every time I see a duck, I think Mr. C... esp in that last Afflack ad!!]
well the reason I wasn't sure is b/c you were also talking about bud Collins..with a C....ahahahah

Old 07-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #85
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the Andy forum we call him Andy.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 PM   #86
country flag Deboogle!.

or "The Jerk"

Old 07-14-2006, 10:48 PM   #87
country flag Deboogle!.

http://menstennisforums.com/showpost...24&postcount=1

If Andy doesn't make the final, I give up.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #88
country flag Golfnduck

I agree with you Deb, please make the finals Andy.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #89
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
http://menstennisforums.com/showpost...24&postcount=1

If Andy doesn't make the final, I give up.
Ditto.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:23 AM   #90
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Andy, give us something to get excited about" hardcourt season thread (Indy)

Ditto for me too.

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote