The "HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HC Thread (Cincy!) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #61
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy, give us something to get excited about during the summer hardcourt season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
And I must be the only one excited about a new season beginning; a new chance for Andy to redeem himself. FIRE IT UP!!!!
I'm ready for Andy to fire it up. To help Andy out, I plan on lighting a fire under his ass. Literally if necessary

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #62
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy, give us something to get excited about during the summer hardcourt season.

Quote:
I love the chest bump smilie too.

And I must be the only one excited about a new season beginning; a new chance for Andy to redeem himself. FIRE IT UP!!!!
I'm excited too!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #63
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

FIRE IT UP!!!!!!!!!

Indystar has published an special insert about the RCA Championships:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...028/-1/ZONES04

Andy Roddick
Best RCA Championships finish: 3 titles

The lakeside Austin, Texas, tennis neighbor of Lance Armstrong may rarely need any competitive inspiration. But if he does, Roddick can always receive counsel from the former American race king, who lives just a short cycle sprint away.

Roddick has made his own sporting history at the RCA Championships, winning titles back-to-back in 2003 and 2004. That first trophy success pointed the Midwest-born player toward a US Open title that season. The multiple Wimbledon finalist showed victory was no fluke, winning again in Indy the next year.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #64
country flag Faik Kheft

Faik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond reputeFaik Kheft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis lover
I'm excited too!
I'm excited - in a kind of cautious way!
Faik Kheft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #65
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard Roger saying in an interview on how he felt when he won each Wimby title, that he had the toughest time with 2004's final with Andy, because he felt exhausted in the end and he thought Andy had played the best match in his life, so it must've been a big blow for him losing that match. They showed it here on tv.

I just thought it was interesting... you know how everyone is constantly discussing about when Andy's big blow was, if during the USO or Wimby or whatever... I guess Roger's opinion could be more accurate than any of us.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #66

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito_90
I just heard Roger saying in an interview on how he felt when he won each Wimby title, that he had the toughest time with 2004's final with Andy, because he felt exhausted in the end and he thought Andy had played the best match in his life, so it must've been a big blow for him losing that match. They showed it here on tv.

I just thought it was interesting... you know how everyone is constantly discussing about when Andy's big blow was, if during the USO or Wimby or whatever... I guess Roger's opinion could be more accurate than any of us.
I agree with you. Although Andy's slump might have started at the US open in 2004, I think it really began after last year's wimbledon final. Andy played so well and he still got beaten really easily. I have never seen him look so sad (although to be fair I haven't seen all of his matches!). Seeing him sat on his chair at the end with his head hanging while Roger was parading his trophy broke my heart. I think this was a major blow to his confidence because he had been working so hard to be able to beat Roger and despite his best efforts he lost. And I don't think he's ever fully regained his confidence since.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-12-2006, 11:28 PM   #67
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis lover
I agree with you. Although Andy's slump might have started at the US open in 2004, I think it really began after last year's wimbledon final. Andy played so well and he still got beaten really easily. I have never seen him look so sad (although to be fair I haven't seen all of his matches!). Seeing him sat on his chair at the end with his head hanging while Roger was parading his trophy broke my heart. I think this was a major blow to his confidence because he had been working so hard to be able to beat Roger and despite his best efforts he lost. And I don't think he's ever fully regained his confidence since.
But wasn't Roger talking about the 2004 match? Andy didn't play that well last year at all. It was 2004 where Andy really gave him a scare. I just don't buy that that's where his slump started because he played great summer of 2004, winning Indy, awesome match in the semis of Cincy against andre, finals of canada, and played awesome really awesome at the USO til that QF match there and hasn't played like that since. So, Roger's opinion doesn't convince me.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #68
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Some people think that Roger talking up Andy is his way of talking down Rafa.

Wimbledon 2004 was a great match. I still feel that if the rain delays hadn't come, Andy would've beaten Roger. Roger was on his heels the entire match and even after Roger beat him there was only a few points difference between them. I don't think Andy should have taken that match badly. Yes, it was a heartbreaker but the outcome of the match had most everything to do with luck being on Roger's side that day.

2005 was forgettable and boring. Andy didn't stand a chance from day one. He had been struggling all week, nearly got knocked out by that Braccilai &^%$ and then his semi-final with ToJo was held over for two days due to rain. Andy got screwed on their bad scheduling all week long. Roger, meanwhile, was perfectly rested and fresh for the final. Not surprising Roger won in straight sets in barely over an hour.

I enjoyed the Rafa-Roger final though. The first set was a gimmee, Rafa was obviously nervous and dropping the first set badly seems to happen to him a lot. After that he played better and better and took Roger the grass king to 2 TBs. I think that's amazing for someone who's specialty is claycourt and had previously not gotten past the third round of Wimbledon. Roger and Rafa are similar in that once they put their mind to something, they get very close to doing it. Roger desperately wants that RG title and Rafa, it seems, wants Wimbledon just as badly. A good match-up.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
But wasn't Roger talking about the 2004 match? Andy didn't play that well last year at all. It was 2004 where Andy really gave him a scare. I just don't buy that that's where his slump started because he played great summer of 2004, winning Indy, awesome match in the semis of Cincy against andre, finals of canada, and played awesome really awesome at the USO til that QF match there and hasn't played like that since. So, Roger's opinion doesn't convince me.
Maybe Roger was talking about the 2004 match but I meant last year. I thought he did play well in last year's final (maybe it's just because I was so excited to be there! ) and he would have beaten anybody else easily but he couldn't hurt Roger at all. I agree that the USO probably started it but I just think that the Wimbledon final was like the last nail in the coffin or something. Just my opinion.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-13-2006, 12:02 AM   #70
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
I don't know, I'm just quoting what he said... I think it was probably where it all started - it may not have been a HUGE blow, but I'm sure it was big for him. He recovered, but losing in the USO was probably the biggest blow for him. I just don't think Andy lost that USO match just because. Something must've happened before so to make him get nervous and lose that last game. And maybe losing that final in Wimby had to do with it, in some way.

Roger played Andy 12 times, he know when he plays bad and well, and if he says he played one of his best matches ever, then it must've been damn good.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 AM   #71
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Andy has had a lot of blows.

at this point i'm far more interested in the end than the beginning.

Last edited by partygirl : 07-13-2006 at 12:22 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:27 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl
at this point i'm far more interested in the end than the beginning.
Me too!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #73
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FIRE IT UP!!!!!!!!!

Indystar has published an special insert about the RCA Championships:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...028/-1/ZONES04

Andy Roddick
Best RCA Championships finish: 3 titles

The lakeside Austin, Texas, tennis neighbor of Lance Armstrong may rarely need any competitive inspiration. But if he does, Roddick can always receive counsel from the former American race king, who lives just a short cycle sprint away.

Roddick has made his own sporting history at the RCA Championships, winning titles back-to-back in 2003 and 2004. That first trophy success pointed the Midwest-born player toward a US Open title that season. The multiple Wimbledon finalist showed victory was no fluke, winning again in Indy the next year.
Hasn't Andy won the title twice? That must be a mistake unless he won the doubles competition at some point in his career. Anyways, good luck to him for the tourney. I think he'll be seeded second which gives him a good chance to make it into the final.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #74
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria100
Hasn't Andy won the title twice? That must be a mistake unless he won the doubles competition at some point in his career. Anyways, good luck to him for the tourney. I think he'll be seeded second which gives him a good chance to make it into the final.
Yeah, twice. they got it right in the article but not that little oneliner at the top

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:58 PM   #75
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

ok so message on my voicemail from contact at Indianapolis, Andy will play Tuesday and Philippoussis got remaining WC.

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote