Back to the Clay...........Cheering for David in Båstad, Stuttgart and Umag - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-23-2006, 06:54 AM   #136
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to the Clay...........Cheering for David in Båstad, Stuttgart and Umag

Just wishing David lots of luck in his final..............I'm hoping he wins..........he's such a sweetie pie............

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #137
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to the Clay...........Cheering for David in Båstad, Stuttgart and Umag

yeah good luck to David today!!! he really deserves to win another title...it's been a while. SORT XIQUET!!!! AMUNT!!!!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #138
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Interview from yesterday's match

22th July 2006

David Ferrer in MercedesCup Final

In the first semi-final of the 28thMercedesCup, David Ferrer was once more able to profit from his amazing speed – again and again, David Ferrer chased one ball after the other coming from his opponent Tomas Berdych and put the No. 2 seed in his place with precise and powerful strokes. From the very first game on, the 24-year-old Spaniard won the serve from his four years’ younger opponent and went on to lead by 5:3. At 15:40 from Berdych’ point of view who was serving, Ferrer had would have had two set balls, but managed to win the first one for a score of 6:3. The second set followed a similar pattern, as Ferrer also led 2:0 and later led 5:3, before the No.15 in the world rankings tried to get back into the game by taking the Spaniard’s serve. When the score was then 6:5 for Ferrer, who is three places lower in the ATP rankings, Berdych played a double fault at a score of 30:30 which then presented his opponent with his first matchball. Berdych was able to defend it and also the one following, but with the next double fault, the Czech finally lost the match 5:7. “It was a very difficult match, especially towards the end,” summed up Ferrer after the match and he is now looking forward to the final on Sunday. “That is very important for me. It is a good tournament and on top of that there is the car as well. I feel very strong and am fit at the moment.” His possible opponents in the final, José Acasuso or Juan Monaco, both play a similar style to himself, mainly from the back of the court. “I don’t think that it matters who I will play against – it will be fitness and the quality of play from the base which decide the winner.”
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #139
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind cruising around Valencia with David in a new Mercedes.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #140
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

1st set to David 64
Old 07-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #141
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia
1st set to David 64
I am trying not to get too excited - yet - Vamos David

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #142
country flag alisia

Lost 2nd set 63
Old 07-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #143
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it when my gut feeling is right.

Vamos David!
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #144
country flag alisia

You know he likes a bit of drama & cannot win in straight sets. I think Rosie needs to have a word with Javi about what his charge is doing to his ladies nerves
Old 07-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #145
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

I think he does it to Javi's nerves too Poor Javi - he is always biting his nails. Ah well - a break down in the final set That gut feeling seems to have been right

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 07-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #146
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

He lost the 3rd set tie break Come on David - fight sweetie. Poor Javi will be so stressed

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 07-23-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #147
country flag alisia

At least he broke back to take it to a tie-break but he lost it 7-3 so he's now 2-1 down in sets. Its best of 5 sets Rosie
Old 07-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #148
country flag alisia

Looks like the charge has begun he was 5-1 down now he 5-5
Old 07-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #149
country flag alisia

The fightback is complete he won the 4th set 75 after being 5-1 down.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #150
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I'm watching this on tv and my nerves. Poor mama Ferrer looks like she is ready to eat her seat.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote