Agustin - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-17-2005, 06:26 AM   #76
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agustin

From the match against Puerta.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=391660

There is an artcle which I can't translate and now Calleri plays Horna.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2005, 10:44 AM   #77
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Just for you GWH - here is a translation of your article:-

After more than an hour's delay for rain, the first match began, and it was a clash of the Cordobans, between Agustín Calleri and Mariano Puerta. Agustin won 6-3, 7-6(4).

The public were slow to arrive at the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club, but received the players warmly, especially Puerta, who was making his debut at this competition and was the second favourite. The first set passed without too much excitement because the power of both players did not allow many attractive long rallies. The World Number 53 quickly broke serve in the second game, and from then on took the set without problems. Calleri was more precise, his returns were good and he made some very difficult shots. He was very reliable with his serve as he had been im his match the previous day, and thus the player from Rio Cuarto took the first set 6-3.

In the second set, the parity between the two was broken in the 4th game, when although Calleri remained aggressive, his shots were no longer so accurate, and these errors allowed Puerta to win and, after holding his own service game, he moved to a 4-1 lead. Nevertheless, Calleri took advantage of the first opportunity that his rival gave him in the ninth game and soon broke back. He then held serve with 4 impeccable serves in the one game, and thus, the set returned to equality until the inevitable tie-break. In the tie break, the champion of Casablanca committed two double faults due to lack of concentration, and that was the end of the match as Calleri did not give him any chances on his service points and eventually won the tie-break by 7 points to 4.

After the victory, Calleri said, "I felt comfortable with my game. I took advantage of the opportunities in the second Set and that is why I won!". On Saturday, Calleri will face the winner of the duel between Luis Horna and Gustavo Kuerten. From his performance here today he looks like a very soild candidate to lift the Copa Argentina trophy.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 12-17-2005 at 10:50 AM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:25 PM   #78
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Agustin d. Horna 6-2 6-4

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #79
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Agustin d. Horna 6-2 6-4
Thanks for the score - what good news to wake up to Well done Agustin - now go and win the Final!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 12-19-2005, 07:31 AM   #80
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Agustin lost 3-6, 6-2, 3-6

Old 12-19-2005, 09:37 PM   #81
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Agustin played a great 1st set ... After that he didn't feel comfortable with the wind

Old 12-19-2005, 10:18 PM   #82
country flag alexito
amo la nba

alexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond repute

agustin play very good all match
but, it's exhibition
alexito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #83
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Agustin starts his season in Adelaide, Sydney and then Aus Open. After this I imagine he will play the Latin American circuit.

All the best and hopelly no more injuries.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-20-2005, 12:08 PM   #84
country flag alexito
amo la nba

alexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond repute

pictures agustin in buenos aires

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...t=57056&page=3
alexito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:15 PM   #85
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Thanks for the pics!

Old 12-21-2005, 08:50 AM   #86
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Agustin starts his season in Adelaide, Sydney and then Aus Open. After this I imagine he will play the Latin American circuit.

All the best and hopelly no more injuries.
Yes - he is now confirmed for Vińa del Mar and also Buenos Aires.

Old 12-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #87
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Just thought I'd post a few of these pics, some might be here already.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-23-2005, 12:34 PM   #88
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the photos GWH - yes I have seen them before - but a girl can ever see too much of Agustin

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 12-23-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #89
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

yee thanks for all the news and pics and congratulations for making it to the final at Copa Argentina
I believe Agustin can make a successful year on tour if he's injury-free. That's what he said in Szczecin, he's ready to compete and these days he's got more game experience after coming back than he had after Szczecin (that's why he was losing in ATP events)
All fingers crossed for Agustin.

BTW i am learning to my exam about Saint Agustin (Calleri ) he was a bishop in 3rd century in north Africa no data about him playing tennis

www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #90
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

"Saint" Agustin starts his season next week in Adelaide - good luck to him