Agustin - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #181
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agustin

Davydenko loves speed and Calleri's game matches up well to his and he doesn't have the variation to surprise him often enough.

Good work for him and now he is in Amersfoort and now plays Gremelmayr in the first round.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #182
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Agustin is in the quarters and after a slow start against Bracciali he won in 3 sets and now takes on Coria. He won the last time they played and this was not when Coria was double faulting games away.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #183
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Calleri is in Kitzi this is his section of the draw, he will play an Austrian in the 2nd round.

(9) CALLERI, Agustin ARG v Bye
(WC) EITZINGER, Rainer AUT v MARACH, Oliver AUT
Qualifier v HANESCU, Victor ROM
Bye v (6) MASSU, Nicolas CHI

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-28-2006, 12:38 PM   #184
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Gordo has made the semis and will now play Verdasco for a place in the final.

He has done well defeating Massu and Gaudio in straight sets this week and while it's bad for Gaudio. It's great for Calleri, he just needs to go on with it now.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #185
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and good luck Agustin

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #186
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

http://www.sportsline.com/print/tennis/story/9577273

KITZBUEHEL, Austria -- Agustin Calleri and Juan Ignacio Chela will meet in an all-Argentine final after winning their semifinal matches Saturday at the Generali Open.
The ninth-seeded Calleri rallied to beat Fernando Verdasco of Spain, a finalist last year, 4-6, 6-1, 6-3. Chela, seeded seventh, beat Mikhail Youzhny of Russia 6-2, 4-6, 6-4.

Saturday's semifinals were delayed for four hours due to rain.
Verdasco had nine backhand errors in the first set, which he still won. Early in the second, he got treatment for a blister on his left foot, which hampered his movement on the court.

Calleri took advantage and won the next two sets. Once ranked 16 but now No. 59, Calleri got treatment for a sore muscle in his right leg, but didn't expect troubles in Sunday's best-of-five final.

"It's not a real injury, but I just slightly overstretched it," he said. "That's normal, as I've played a lot this week. I feel good."

In the other semifinal, Chela broke Youzhny's serve twice in the first set as the Russian got only 45 percent of his first serves in. One break for the eight-seeded Youzhny in the second was enough to level the score.

In the third set, Chela missed a match point and lost his serve at 5-3 up, but broke back immediately to wrap up the victory.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #187
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Great to see El Gordo in another final and hope he can take out his good friend chubby Chela and he won the first set 7-6 (9) and he was serving for it.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #188
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

From the Verdasco match.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #189
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

The Kitzi title is his!! Good job Agustin.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:44 PM   #190
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Agustin! Congratulations I am very proud.

Now it's a case of the dancing for AGUSTIN

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 07-30-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #191
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

From www.eurosport.com:

Argentina's Agustin Calleri picked up the second ATP title of his career on Sunday by beating his higher-ranked compatriot Juan Ignacio Chela 7-6 6-2 6-3 in the final of the €725,000 Kitzbuehel Open.

Despite being 15 places below Chela in the world rankings, Calleri was arguably the slight favourite going into the match, having won the last three meetings against his Davis Cup team mate and five of their total eight encounters.

A sixth Calleri victory looked far from inevitable during a tight opening set which was decided only after a lengthy tie-break ended 11-9 in Calleri's favour.

Once in front, the ninth seed never looked in danger of surrendering his lead, however, storming through the second set with two breaks of Chela's serve and just three dropped points on his own.

After taking a 2-0 lead at the start of the third set, Calleri suffered his first major lapse of concentration,

double-faulting to hand his opponent a break back.

A mis-hit forehand from Chela in the sixth game put Calleri back in front, however, and this time he held his nerve, dropping just two further service points en route to a deserved victory.

"It's fantastic to finally win my second title," said Chela whose previous 2003 triumph in Acapulco had been offset by losses in five other finals.

"It's always hard to play Chela and today was a real battle, but I think my confidence and concentration throughout the match made the difference in the end."

As well as beating fellow Argentine fourth seed and defending champion Gaston Gaudio in the quarter-finals, Calleri saw off Spanish fifth seed Fernando Verdasco and Chilean sixth seed Nicolas Massu during the tournament.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #192
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Some scenes afterward.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #193
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
Congrats to Agustin's great win today.
I never posted anything here before but just wanted to congratulate his fans.

And here are links to some photos I took today at Kitz final:

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/reiko_nl/e/14d...ebf9438ca79b2d

Sorry everything is in Japanese - but you will find links to the photos at the end; please click 1 to 6 at the bottom. Hope you all can see the pics...
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #194
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

That is a particularly hideous trophy But I'm sure he doesn't mind! Here are a few more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 550937.jpg (25.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 550938.jpg (105.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg calleri.jpg (18.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 07-30-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #195
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

There is nothing wrong with that trophy and Agustin will be back in the top 40 with this win, just hope he doesn't play in Sopot, he needs the rest and should go and prepare for the hardcourts now.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1