Commentary at its finest - Page 97 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #1441
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Oh so he is indeed from New Zealand. I was wondering if I'd got his accent right the whole match through. That and seeing Gaudio and his gorgeous bh again on TV were the highlights of the match.
It's alright, it's not Brett Steven or Kelly Evernden. I think his name is Mark Brown and yes he is a Kiwi for sure. I mean I could hear Adler in the background, while I was watching it and yes the Sunday fare was average.

Elise Burgin in the Fog and Andreev match was generally annoying, she didn't know why the Fog when ranked #62 had to qualify, then someone gave her the memo on the 6 week entry list thing.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #1442
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

"sivinth game of the first sit".

Kiwi alright, Koenig reminiscences. I noticed that you can hear the other commentators too. It was annoying at first but then I realised I could follow three or four matches at the same time. Took me a while to figure out who Kela was though.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #1443
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Serena's match today. Portuguese eurosport commentators.

At some point of the match Serena's 1st serve % is very low and they mention it. Right after they mentioned it she served out 2 aces.

Commentator 1: "It almost seems like she heard us!"
Commentator 2: "Maybe she really did!! With Serena Williams one never knows!"

Even if she had these super-powers, I am sure she wouldn't choose to hear THEM.

Last edited by arm : 05-26-2009 at 05:21 PM.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #1444
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Woodforde has been in catty mood for the past few days.

Woodforde: Benneteau he has problems finishing matches, he looks tired.
Raoux: Well what do you expect he is French.

Woodforde just laughed and then he said he may be a nice bloke, but after 2 games against Roddick in Australia, he didn't want to play, it was too hot and there have been times where he has dogged it.

He continues and asks Raoux about whether he has faked injuries. Raoux says, if you asked me this about Gasquet, then I'd say yes, he has faked injuries to excuse a defeat, but Benneteau it's just mental.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #1445
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Serena's match today. Portuguese eurosport commentators.

At some point of the match Serena's 1st serve % is very low and they mention it. Right after they mentioned it she served out 2 aces.

Commentator 1: "It always seems like she heard us!"
Commentator 2: "Maybe she really did!! With Serena Williams one never knows!"

Even if she had these super-powers, I am sure she wouldn't choose to hear THEM.

Serena is scary.

Thanks for sharing, Raquel.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #1446
country flag groundstroke

groundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Smith as usual with her excellent analysis, calling Bennetau's forehand "special" in the current Tsonga - Benneateu match, she has no idea what she's talking about...
groundstroke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #1447
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundstroke View Post
Sam Smith as usual with her excellent analysis, calling Bennetau's forehand "special" in the current Tsonga - Benneateu match, she has no idea what she's talking about...
And somebody PLEASE tell her that there has been no such thing as satellite tournaments for several years!

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #1448
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Frew McMillan during Serena's match. I'm paraphrasing:

"I'm always interested in looking at players butts. some players have big butts. I've noticed Zapakalova has a big one. I always favoured a big butt during my career."

turns out he was talking about racket handles but I'm sure he knew what he was doing.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #1449
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Frew McMillan during Serena's match. I'm paraphrasing:

"I'm always interested in looking at players butts. some players have big butts. I've noticed Zapakalova has a big one. I always favoured a big butt during my career."

turns out he was talking about racket handles but I'm sure he knew what he was doing.
sly frew... master of the subverse...

good to hear woodforde keeping it real... he never dodged a gool ol' extended nipple rub with woodbridge, but, by gee, he's never far from the truth this red nut...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #1450
country flag 00923

00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute00923 has a reputation beyond repute

On Nadal/Gabashvili (SP?): "They're both grunting, but they make slightly different sounds. Gabashvili is more of an 'eeeeeeeh' [commentator imitates his grunting], and Nadal is more of an 'uuunnnhhh' [he does it again]"

Speaking of which...why is Nadal on Lenglen?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #1451
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=00923;8627784]On Nadal/Gabashvili (SP?): "They're both grunting, but they make slightly different sounds. Gabashvili is more of an 'eeeeeeeh' [commentator imitates his grunting], and Nadal is more of an 'uuunnnhhh' [he does it again]"

Speaking of which...why is Nadal on Lenglen?[/QUOTE]

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...72#post8625272
Old 05-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #1452
country flag Laba

Laba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond repute

Woodforde just wondered how Gabashvili could afford a coach...
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #1453
country flag MurrayFan1

MurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond repute

When there is more than 2 touch shots in a rally on British Eurosport...

"Exhibition stuff here!"

He has literally said it like 3 times in the last hour.

READING FC

MurrayFan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #1454
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
sly frew... master of the subverse...

good to hear woodforde keeping it real... he never dodged a gool ol' extended nipple rub with woodbridge, but, by gee, he's never far from the truth this red nut...
Woodforde had some other ones as well. He had a go at Lapentti for withdrawing, he called him soft.

Then he criticised Federer for being too passive against Martin, saying it's got to the point, where it's boring to watch and he just can't turn on attacking style against Nadal in the pressure moments, without working on it, in the matches, where he knows he will win.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #1455
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

totally random from some Spanish commentator:

Gabashvili, who is married... got married last year... to a Russian woman... who wanted to come here to watch her husband...

WTF?