Commentary at its finest - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2006, 04:52 AM   #121
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #122
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Following the conclusion of the doubles rubber in the Argentina v Australia Davis Cup tie, Todd Woodbridge suggested that the Australian Davis Cup team may start to enter a bit of a slump over the next few years.

He then went on to suggest that Hewitt may not wish to play Davis Cup in obscure countries like Chile.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #123
Banned!

Todd Woodbridge has again put his foot in it.

He suggested that Paul Hanley would beat Agustin Calleri on grass.

Paul is so useless at singles, he doesn't even have a ranking.

:retard:
Old 09-24-2006, 03:38 PM   #124
Banned!

more from Bruce:

"olivier rochus beat dmitry hrbaty"

Old 09-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #125
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Give it up Woodbridge.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #126
Banned!

more from Woodbridge:

"Oliver Rochus who has had a good weekend this week for Belgium, getting them back in to the world group - taking out last year's finalist, the Czech Replublic. So the Czech Republic go from the finals, into relegation."

:retard:

Last edited by its.like.that : 09-24-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #127
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the Davis Cup Radio commentary was quite funny and sometimes during an exciting point or an important moment I felt as if I was listening to a soccer match! During the Safin-Acasuso match, Acasuso has just broken for 4-2 in the 2nd set and the crowd is going crazy:

"Andreas Egli is asking for some peace and quiet so that the 2 players can get it on." (I don't know if it's just me but I found that hilarious )

I also liked that they were reading comments and questions from fans sent by email. Apparently, there was an email from Roger Federer too.

Another fan was asking the commentators if they took advantage of their stay in Moscow to learn a bit of Russian. After blurting a couple of words one of the commentators says "Njet" and then the other one:

"Njet is what we've been getting a lot of."
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #128
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

DC radio commentary is funny.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #129
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they're great. Good emotions. They should do the commentary for the Masters Series tourneys next year.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #130
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Barry Cowan has said 2 or 3 times now how this stadium was built for the "1988 Olympics".
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #131
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

They get their facts wrong quite a bit, but funny enough DC radio.

Bazza Cowan he is all class.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #132
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

They made a mess out of the Nalbandian-Davydenko match confusing the names (because of Nalby's first name I suppose)

Oh, it seems that Rafael Nadal just sent an email wondering what his agent is doing in Moscow.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #133
country flag Yappa

Yappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond reputeYappa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
They made a mess out of the Nalbandian-Davydenko match confusing the names (because of Nalby's first name I suppose)

Oh, it seems that Rafael Nadal just sent an email wondering what his agent is doing in Moscow.
Yeah, seems Rafa forgot that Nalby has the same manager as him.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #134
country flag embellish

embellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree the DC commentators were great fun - especially when they were describing some of the points and ending up in tandem saying 'the best point of the weekend' that cracked me up.

Boris Johnson
embellish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #135
country flag Metis

Some more:

-There's Safin's mother sitting at the edge of her seat. I think she looks like Judy Dench.
- She looks more like Tarpischev to me.

"Boris Yeltsin is now making his way to the court. He wants a hug too."