Commentary at its finest - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #106
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

Wimbledon Radio in the 4th set.

Federer has a point for 4-1

- 4-1 looks a lot bigger than 3-1

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #107
country flag Loftra

Loftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond repute

Carl Maes (Belgian Fed Cup captain): "One of the players Nadal has beaten in five sets after having lost the first two sets is Ljubicic. That was last year in Madrid, on clay of course"
Loftra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #108
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

I've received positive feedback about commentary in my national media. Sadly, the most insane commentator became Nadia Petrova's coach (yes.)
Still during USO some things could be found:

- The second match is shown at the same time on Eurosport 2. If you don't have Eurosport 2, ask your provider why is that.
- Perhaps these people haven't paid and now whine.

- The American (Kendrick) looks different because of his trousers, while our player uhmmm I mean the Frenchman (Monfils) is dressed all in red.

- (match Mauresmo - Barrois) What do you think of Monfils' new hairstyle?
- (10 sec of silence) Uhmmm I don't have an opinion yet, but I'll be wondering till the end of the day and I'll tell you.

- There's such a saying "Luck goes in a favour of the better".
- But there's also another saying...!
- Which one?
- I don't remember.

- (about Nadal's shoes) Hahaha Vamos Rafa!
- He needs it to not to be misguided which shoe goes for which leg.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #109
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

- top stuff Nat. Who are these guys?
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #110
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
- top stuff Nat. Who are these guys?
The one perving at nights about WTA players became Petrova's coach as I said. The other ones hmm... some are ex ATP and WTA players but they weren't very well known except of Wojciech Fibak who called Kubot "next Brad Pitt" or Magdalena Grzybowska. One of the commentators is 86 years old. There's also another so old guy but I don't know how old exactly. The 86-yeared old's son is also a commentator and a journalist for the national tennis magazine (eg. he can make an interview with Domachowska and make himself the main star of it, by notes: "I laughed to miss Marta while asking her the question"). The other ones are more sane but sometimes they can go crazy too. I can find some more texts of them for you if you wish.

PS. Cycling commentators are even more funny. For real.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #111
country flag Nathaliia

- His favourite surface is... chalk.

- Coria starts like an American sprinter.
- No doubt he was suspended for doping.

- Nadal looks like the world's greatest sprinter. Hmmm what was his name.. uhhh.... was it... Yes, ASA Powell.

- New balls please! Aaaahhhh straight from the shop... How yellow, how nice, how fluuuffffy!

- Maria Sharapova should get the role in the next part of "Pink Panther".

- Even children in Polesie (the poorest region in Poland) know that you can't serve Roddick on his forehand!

- Hewitt behaves like an aspirine in the glass of water.

- After Hewitt, like after a newly born child, are mommy and daddy travelling and holding his hand.

- (backhands of Mauresmo and Henin-Hardenne) It's like speaking about Christmas is superior to Easter.

- (during the commercial break, suddenly we hear) Faaaaaaascinating...
- Yeah we can talk about everything but this match.

- Dementeva's tennis is nice to watch. Just like Dementieva herself.
- True.... she's so pretty....

- He has legs, as most of the 17-yeared boys.

- (about Jiri Novak) His tennis is just like his looks.

- The weakest point of Kafelnikov is his head. This head he's shaking at this moment.

- Where is he from? Buenos Aires? (Nalbandian)
- No, Cordoba.
- You're right. He looks like he's from Cordoba.

- (about the linesman) So... this ass is about only to stand and look at the line like a dog on the bone and he even can't do this!

- Jesus! Philippoussis! What the hell are you doing?

- Mantilla is looking as he's about to die.
- He can be dying like this for two hours more.

greetings!

Old 09-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #112
country flag supersexynadal

supersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond reputesupersexynadal has a reputation beyond repute

yesterday when the camera showed J-Block commentator tries to read it.: J...J....J...J Block, (in arabic) no no its james blake. And the new yorkers are supporting James Blake with T shirts saying J Blake!

Gonzo-Safin-Hewitt-Robredo-Verdasco-Moya-Nalbandian-Roddick-Kolya

"He has no idea what he is writing anymore or who he is writing to. He just puts “lol” and moves on to the next window. The girl is probably telling him that her kittens died and he just says, “lol.” "Tursunov on Monfils
supersexynadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #113
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it coming Nathii.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #114
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
- Dementeva's tennis is nice to watch. Just like Dementieva herself.
- True.... she's so pretty....
This one is nice. We also have a commentator with a crush on her.

Quote:
- He has legs, as most of the 17-yeared boys.
One commentator here said: it is easier for him to play: he has two hands. I don't remember which match, tho.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #115
country flag Chocobo

Chocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond reputeChocobo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
- Mantilla is looking as he's about to die.
- He can be dying like this for two hours more.
True

KING FEDERER

GAUDIOSAFINGASQUET

"It felt like you're in the Sahara and you just see the hills and there's no ending" (Kevin Kim, after being asked what it was like playing against Rafael Nadal in the 2006 French Open)
Chocobo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #116
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that

Keep it coming Nathii.

- Romanian tennis players have been always famous of their Romanian hands.

- (about unforced errors) The German was a 40 times sinner.

- (for Polish speakers) No i sam tego chciałeś, Grzegorzu Dyndało

- Henman's tennis is a tennis of XVIII century.

- (about another commentator, during the point) Ooh I can see mister Krzystof Wanio through the window glass! Sorry, what? No, no, I won't buy myself a wig, I don't need it yet (it was that 86 y.o. who said that).

Old 09-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #117
Banned!

Old 09-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #118
Banned!

the coveted Bruce McAvaney was in fine form today:

"a surprise or two here you would think" (in reference to Safin's win over Roddick and Youzhny's over Blake)

:retard:
Old 09-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #119
country flag Sinerra

Sinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond repute

During the Fed Cup match Belgium - Italy the camara filmed Carlos Moya (Penneta's boyfriend ) who was sitting in the stands.

- I wonder if Moya and Penneta play alot with each other

(....)

- What kind of rude question is that??
Sinerra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #120
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Video highlights of today's DC tie between GB and Ukraine, on the BBC tennis website: the commentator, Tracy Moore or something like that, says "Dolgopolov, who is ranked over 400 places lower than Murray"...

Dolgopolov is ranked 352!

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote