Commentary at its finest - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #91
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

As promised... from 2003:

- The lion lost the first point (Agassi)

- (after some time he said Agassi wasn't a lion, then after the next point): Oh, this was more lion-like. But from a very little kitten lion. Newly born.

- It's not THIS Agassi. I was saying abou the kitten lion but it's not even a kitten.

- You have to run to this ball... But you won't reach it anyway he-he-he.

- (still Agassi's match) Anyway, this Italian girl Pennetta is very pretty.

- (Agassi): He's a good boy. Actually... a man already.

- Face covered by a quater-smile.

- This tennis is kind of rugged.

- Agassi took a step back impatientely backwards (hmm for Polish speakers: cofnal sie do tylu )

- Oh, I see through the window mister Krzysztof Wanio! No, no, I tell him, I won't buy myself a wig, I think I don't need it yet.

- This backhand should have been attacking in more attacking way (Capriati's).

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #92
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Stich (being totally serious) - "I think Nadal needs some bigger sized underwear. It seems to me he always has a problem with it. What do you think?"

*silence*

Chris Bradnam - "Yes."
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #93
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

-Ljubicic-Tursunov on BBC:

talking about Ljubicic towards the end of the 4th set:
His 1st serve has gone AWOL for the last 20min.

at the biginning of the 5th set:
Calling all 1st serves, report back to base.

-Nadal-Labadze on BBC:

Labadze was wiping sth out of his mouth during a changeover:
in the heat never run with your mouth open, you don't know what you're going to swallow!

about Nadal:
the man with biceps to die for
later while Nadal was wiping his arms with the towel:
these biceps need some rubbing down, don't they?
2nd commentator: what he needs is new underwear!

about Labadze expressing his frustration:
well he has talked to the crowd, the umpire, the ballboys, the linesmen, he has talked to himself, now he wants to talk to Nadal.

about Labadze who smashed his racket to the ground and later won a few good points:
-it seems that hitting the racket helped (not exact quote but more or less)
-yeah maybe we could ask the racket after the match. Sorry that was silly!

Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #94
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Today, after a commercial break during the match Nadal-Labadze, they didn't go back to the French commentators in London. The French guy in the studio in Paris was about to give other results of today's matches but he said they'd keep an eye on Rafa's match, and he said: "if you join us only now, be aware that Nadal won the first set 1-0 and is serving to stay alive in the second set".

First i thought his brain cells died last Saturday when France defeated Brazil and that he was obsessed with the 1-0 score... then i realized he misread the score on the tv screen. I think someone shoult tell him that the first numbers aren't the score of the first set but the numbers of sets won by each player already

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #95
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-06-2006, 06:15 AM   #96
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny Mac at the Hewitt-Baghdatis match

about the Baghdatis serve:
be careful, if he tosses that ball any higher he might cause some rain

about tennis players reluctant to approach the net nowdays:
we used to say guys are allergic to the grass, now they're allergic to the net
Old 07-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #97
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #98
country flag Metis

Jimmy Connors and british commentator (not sure who he was) at the Nadal-Nieminen match.

British commentator after a bad miss from Nadal:
An error like this from Nadal is rarer than a dodo! (Connors ing)

A few minutes later Nadal serves a double fault.
Jimmy Connors: do dodos come in pairs?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #99
country flag Mechlan

Mechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel
Michael Stich (being totally serious) - "I think Nadal needs some bigger sized underwear. It seems to me he always has a problem with it. What do you think?"

*silence*

Chris Bradnam - "Yes."
Mechlan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #100
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotlobbed
o my goodness is that u in the avatar
it sure is.

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #101
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

From the Agassi/Seppi match.

Maybe that half-banana (hope it's Fair Trade) he has during the changeover will give him some energy.

He'll be back in his rented Wimbledon home to catch the end of C-Beebies with Jaden Gil at this rate.

You've got to take your hat - or back-to-front baseball cap - off to Seppi

He looks like a cross between Steve McManaman and Dr Mac from Green Wing - the Italian needs more than a sticking plaster to cure his current predicament.

Steffi's looking disconcerted in the crowd - or could that be because her son Jaden Gil is fidgeting and won't stay still?

and

Once again, Seppi has a break point but Agassi is smoother than an Andrew Castle interview as he again extricates himself from any danger with some whipping first serves.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #102
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

John Mac about the absence of prison time and the lack of any significant fine on the streaker in the Sharapova qf: "well, Maria turned away when he came on court naked- that's punishment enough"
R.Federer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #103
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

In the Nadal-Baghdatis Wimbledon semi-final, during the 3rd set while Nadal was eating a banana, Fred Stolle repeated the same story he told a few days earlier about Nadal choking on a banana against PHM... except this time he only played 4 sets against PHM.

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #104
country flag Anda

Anda is on a distinguished road

"Baghdatis is not a handsome man,but he sure has a charming smile"(and the commentator is a guy)
Anda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #105
country flag Metis

During the Baghdatis-Nadal match, a pigeon flies in the court interrupting Nadal as he prepares to serve and then flies above the spectators.

British commentator:
I hope it's not thinking of any target practice....

When at some point Marcos slips behind the baseline while trying to retrieve one of Nadal's shots and hits the ground repeatedly with his racket:
he's doing a bit of gardening there on center court...

Johnny Mac when the camera shows Villas and others in the players' box:
we've got to get these guys a barber, they should know better at their age.

During the Federer-Bjorkman match Roger is 2-0, a break up in the 3rd set, and getting ready to serve when a spectator screams in a desperate voice: 'Come on Roger!". The spectators and the commentators start laughing McEnroe says sth like: that's a really demanding fan; what more does he want roger to do? Then the british commentator: this reminds me of Russell Crowe in the Gladiator when he turns to the crowd saying "Are you not entertained?" I admit that that was after he had chopped a bloke's head off though.

Men's doubles final:
If you don't time that return perfectly Mike Bryan is all over the net like a rash (!)

Last edited by Metis : 07-08-2006 at 06:20 PM.