Commentary at its finest - Page 65 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:25 AM   #961
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

Betfair commentator upon glancing at Mrs. Fish ring.

"Goodness, that's a sparkler right there, half of his prize winnings went toward that. Congratulation to the happy couple."

And after Mardy argued a line call: "Angelina Jolie look-alike, doesn't look impressed by the umpiring"
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #962
country flag kalisita

kalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond repute

During the Djokovic-Hanescu match, Hanescu attempted a rather pointless between the legs shot.
Goodall: That was just for the ladies.

And then Hanescu called the trainer pretty much right after.
Goodall: I think it happened when he attempted this nonsense (shows clip of between the legs shot.)
kalisita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #963
country flag Tommy fan

Tommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisita View Post

They showed Fish's new wife in the crowd.
Goodall: She looks like a happy new bride. As are most new brides. But, it's all downhill from there unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
And after Mardy argued a line call: "Angelina Jolie look-alike, doesn't look impressed by the umpiring"

Quote:
During the Djokovic-Hanescu match, Hanescu attempted a rather pointless between the legs shot.
Goodall: That was just for the ladies.

And then Hanescu called the trainer pretty much right after.
Goodall: I think it happened when he attempted this nonsense (shows clip of between the legs shot.)
Omg this Goodall is a legand

Nalbandian ~Gasquet ~ Sela ~ Wawrinka
Safin!!
Tommy fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #964
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

commentator referring to wawrinka rituals.

Commentator: Borg also had many rituals, but stan isnt as goodlucking as borg.

pause.

Commentator: Lopez might give Borg run for his money.

Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #965
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #966
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Robbie koening after an epic rally in the 10th game of the first set federer - tsonga "Brilliant FROM THE WORLD NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!"

Funny thing was i was just thinking that commentators must have to get used to classing him as the world number 2 and then he rattles off that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #967
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jason Goodall was on fire today even before the Fish-Gasquet match started.

The guy with him, Chris somebody, was saying how Fish got married recently and maybe his good results this year were in part from him maturing as a person.
Goodall: And now being married he knows he has to bring home some money.

Roddick was in the crowd watching Fish
Goodall: Is there a bromance in the making here, Chris?

They showed Fish's new wife in the crowd.
Goodall: She looks like a happy new bride. As are most new brides. But, it's all downhill from there unfortunately.
yes i heard that
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #968
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
And I had to listen to Fish FH, Gasquet BH, Fish FH...
Bet365 commentary ?
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #969
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute

Betfair commentator calling Gulbis Gilby, and Ferrer Ferray, am I missing something here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #970
country flag castle007

castle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robbie koening after an epic rally in the 10th game of the first set federer - tsonga "Brilliant FROM THE WORLD NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!"

Funny thing was i was just thinking that commentators must have to get used to classing him as the world number 2 and then he rattles off that.
haha

I heard that too. It still sounds weird when they call him the world number 2"
castle007 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #971
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Also from Robbie, as they focus on Ion Tiriac: "well-respected in the tennis world"

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #972
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
Bet365 commentary ?
Yep, they have the same commentary on bet365 and betfair. It's not a radio commentary, we can see if its BH or FH. In the Fed-Tsonga match he even got mixed up in those kind of comments - Federer FH, Tsonga volley, with Jo actually trying a BH cross way out of any volley zone
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #973
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

commentator during nadal - lalo match:
(camera focused on verdasco who is daydreaming in the crowd)

"And this, of course, is Feliciano Lopez's partner...

pause

...for the DC doubles."
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #974
country flag S.K

S.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond repute

Goodall during the Roddick/Roredo match,

"Roddick's hair is receding as qucikly as Robredo's ranking"
S.K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:46 AM   #975
country flag Burrow

Ha, that same guy robbie koening has just called federer world number 1 again, jesus christ.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: