Commentary at its finest - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #796
country flag Quadruple Tree

Quadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond reputeQuadruple Tree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebby View Post
Bud is maybe a Fedtard who is afraid of Nadal
I'm pretty sure he picked Rafa to win last year, so he's probably not a Fedtard. I can see how he might think Murray winning would be good for tennis. If Murray wins, he will most likely be in the final, so that would be another of the young generation making his breakthrough in a major tournament. It could signify another challenger to the top 3. He probably thinks that more players with legitimate shots at major titles is good for the sport.
Quadruple Tree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #797
country flag kalisita

kalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond repute

Cahill and Gilbert were talking about how poorly Murray played today in that he looked like he was barely thinkg out there and came with no game plan. Chris Fowler, who I'm starting to get on my nerves more and more, was like "Come on. It wouldn't have made any difference anyway." That may be true but I like that he's just basically saying no one should even bother trying to play against Nadal and Federer. He is just becoming more and more of a fanboy.
kalisita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #798
country flag kalisita

kalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Fowler before the Schuut-Nadal match: "Nadal hasn't had the easiest road to get here."
I wonder what tournament he's been watching?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #799
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Newc doesn't remember that Haas pulled out of their match last year in the4th round so Roger only won 6? Shocking oversight.
Nothing to do with the oversight.

It was simply another piece of pointless banter between the two.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:16 PM   #800
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew Castle: "Of course Federer and Safin played a marathon match at the Australian Open a few years ago, Safin winning 9-7 in the fifth. Any relevance to todays match, Tim?"

Tim Henman: "No."
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #801
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Fred Stolle, again

"It's funny how the right-hand side of the court is more worn out than the left... because that is where everyone runs around the backhand... (realising he's cocked up) well that's where Nadal runs around the backhand to hit a forehand".
Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #802
country flag Stefanos13

Stefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Petchey while BBC was showing an aerial view of All England Club grounds:

"...and to the left is the car park. Where people park their cars."

:retard:
Stefanos13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #803
country flag Stefanos13

Stefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond reputeStefanos13 has a reputation beyond repute

Every day, every year during every other match about the lines of the court:

– "...which of course is not chalk. It's titanium pigment"
– "...of course. Let's call it chalk, it's easier..."

(followed by sharing a laughter having highlighted this 'new' piece of information with the viewers)

Stefanos13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #804
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Fred Stolle, again

"It's funny how the right-hand side of the court is more worn out than the left... because that is where everyone runs around the backhand... (realising he's cocked up) well that's where Nadal runs around the backhand to hit a forehand".
I didn't even notice that he got that wrong. I had a look at the court after he said that, and they look equally worn out to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanos13 View Post
Every day, every year during every other match about the lines of the court:

– "...which of course is not chalk. It's titanium pigment"
– "...of course. Let's call it chalk, it's easier..."

(followed by sharing a laughter having highlighted this 'new' piece of information with the viewers)

Yeah I noticed the BBC commentators mentioned the titanium pigment on the lines quite a bit during their coverage.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #805
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Fred Stolle, again

The word "stolle" means weirdo or clown in Swedish.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #806
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
The word "stolle" means weirdo or clown in Swedish.
It's a fitting name then .
Old 07-06-2008, 02:26 PM   #807
Banned!

John Newcombe again

"what a volley from Federer, it didn't rise more than 5 or 6cm off the court" :retard:

(it bounced at least a foot off the ground)
Old 07-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #808
Banned!

Newc - (in reference to Robson, the young pommy lass)

"I was talking to some friends earlier today, and told them she spent the first 6 years of her life in Australia, she learnt to be tough"

Stolle - "yeah, even though she was only down there for 18 months"

Old 07-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #809
country flag The Freak

The Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Doug Adler talking about the Gulbis-Acasuso match...

"When this match started there was a lot of daylight, now there's a lot of night-time light"

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Janko Tipsarevic--Juan Martin Del Potro--Donald Young--Richard Gasquet.

Last edited by AgentZero : 07-22-2008 at 02:55 AM.
The Freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #810
country flag kalisita

I know this thread is mainly sarcastic but I Doug Adler just went on a diatribe during Djokovic-Dancevic about how the umpires are too afraid to over-rule calls, which I absolutely agree with. The best part about was how Robbie Koenning(?) was silent, like he was too afraid to say anything controversial.