Commentary at its finest - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #226
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

I think that's rather sad, personally. If these are the kind of uninformed people broadcasting tennis to the masses.... little wonder the game is in such a parlous state.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #227
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster View Post
I think that's rather sad, personally. If these are the kind of uninformed people broadcasting tennis to the masses.... little wonder the game is in such a parlous state.
You can't fool me Sjengster, I know that you are a member of the media

I just can't figure out which one you are -- tennis commentator or journalist. I will get to the bottom of this.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #228
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
On AO Radio, during the Haas-Davydenko match:

In reference to Tommy's injury timeout: "Looks like that hot cream did wonders for him! We've got to get the name of that hot cream!"
Well I'd like some of his hot cream...
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #229
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Federer View Post
You can't fool me Sjengster, I know that you are a member of the media

I just can't figure out which one you are -- tennis commentator or journalist. I will get to the bottom of this.
Idling MA history student actually, but do keep trying if you wish.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #230
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't like Mary Carillo during the Gonzo - Nadal match. How many times are you gonna mention that Fernando used to just swing away at anything, didn't play with his head? Didn't come out with a game plan? That you didn't enjoy watching him play? Just say he was stupid. She practically said everything but that. And every fucking two seconds

I understand making a point to how much Fena has developped. But every second, must you make him out to be a recovering caveman, a former neanderthal or something? Get off it. I couldn't even enjoy the match. She was so tasteless
NALBANDIAN --> Benneteau --> Davydenko --> Mathieu -->
TURSUNOV --> Mantilla --> KIEFER --> NADAL -->
Karlovic --> Odesnik --> Stepanek --> Monfils -->
??

Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead. Hee-haw. Buried and dead.
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #231
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Idling MA history student actually, but do keep trying if you wish.
Peter Bodo is studying History? ACK! I mean, Matt Cronin... I mean worthless Wertheim. Although he would be Worthy Wortheim if he masqueraded as Sjengstah. I'll get you one of these days...
Old 01-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #232
country flag Sjengster

Have you heard me refer to Tom Berdych or Arnie Clement yet?

Old 01-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #233
country flag R.Federer

Quote:
Have you heard me refer to Tom Berdych or Arnie Clement yet?
Hmm.. I think I did see you once write about The Basle Dazzle. Hey everyone, Bud Collins goes to Uni!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #234
country flag Sjengster

You'd be shocked to know what I'm wearing below my waist at the moment, I must admit.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #235
country flag Bagelicious

Bagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'd be shocked to know what I'm wearing below my waist at the moment, I must admit.
Is it covered in hot cream? I couldn't resist.

I smell bagels!!! Lots of them!!!
Bagelicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #236
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Another classic from Frew McMillan on Davydenko:

"He's like a brick wall. Wait, that's not fair, he's much prettier than that. If he is a brick wall then he's a brick wall with a jolly nice mural painted on it"
Henry Chinaski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #237
country flag embellish

embellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond reputeembellish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

"He's like a brick wall. Wait, that's not fair, he's much prettier than that. If he is a brick wall then he's a brick wall with a jolly nice mural painted on it"
I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear it

Boris Johnson
embellish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:21 AM   #238
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

ES commentator (who retires after this match so they had guest commentators such as forget, rosset, noah... all tournament): "Let's have a last commercial break before the trophy ceremony"
Yannick Noah: "Yeah! Let's watch Rafa one more time!"
Old 02-13-2007, 01:49 AM   #239
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Leif Shiras, after Berdych hit a lovely backhand return winner

"He's got plenty of skills to pay the bills"

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:35 AM   #240
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

Hahahaha

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote