Commentary at its finest - Page 117 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #1741
country flag seltzer3

seltzer3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Commentary at its finest

"After this match Jesse should get some pizza"
-Mary Carillo (I think my quote is a bit off, came off quite hilarious, even though I don't think she intended it)
seltzer3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #1742
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post
"You can't double-fault more than the age of your opponent".
- Mary Carillo
ha ha ha...........
She just said it. Sharapova-Oudin match. This is not ATP but ....
Also from the same match, Dick Enberg made 2 errors when talking about Sharapova's double faults:

1) Sharapova had 20 double faults, and Dick Enberg said "She has 1 less double fault than the voting age" though the voting age is 18 not 21

2) When Sharapova had 21 double faults, Enberg said "The number of double faults she has is a set's worth plus 3 more"...what he failed to realize is that you have to win 24 points, not 18 points to win a set

straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #1743
country flag S.K

S.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond reputeS.K has a reputation beyond repute

Wally Masur was showing signs of a man crush on Almagro yesterday.

"How strong is Almagro? He's like a bull"

"He's one of the strongest guys out there. Barrel chested"
S.K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #1744
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by straitup94 View Post
Also from the same match, Dick Enberg made 2 errors when talking about Sharapova's double faults:

1) Sharapova had 20 double faults, and Dick Enberg said "She has 1 less double fault than the voting age" though the voting age is 18 not 21

2) When Sharapova had 21 double faults, Enberg said "The number of double faults she has is a set's worth plus 3 more"...what he failed to realize is that you have to win 24 points, not 18 points to win a set

I heard that.

Dick Enberg needs to stop nipping at the hipflask on air.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #1745
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny Mac has to gently correct Dick Enberg a lot.
"The shadow is bigger than the mark"
- Hawkeye
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #1746
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute

The guy commentating for Roddick-Isner on usopen.org just said that Federer-Hewitt was the best match today
Old 09-06-2009, 01:39 AM   #1747
country flag danton

danton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Greg Rudeski: "Murray has an excellent second serve"
If you have a look at Murray's serving stats he has a very effective 2nd serve, might not be the quickest but it's effective.

I know it's WTA but Barry Cowan was being obnoxious about Jankovic's performance a couple of days ago. So much so that his co-commentator told him to steady on and that there may be a good reason. He was saying, she wasn't making an effort doesn't know why she's bothering. rude and dismissive.

Turns out she found out just before she went on court that her gran had died.
danton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #1748
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danton View Post
If you have a look at Murray's serving stats he has a very effective 2nd serve, might not be the quickest but it's effective.

I know it's WTA but Barry Cowan was being obnoxious about Jankovic's performance a couple of days ago. So much so that his co-commentator told him to steady on and that there may be a good reason. He was saying, she wasn't making an effort doesn't know why she's bothering. rude and dismissive.

Turns out she found out just before she went on court that her gran had died.
That's because of his baseline game, not because of his serve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #1749
country flag straitup

He may not double fault a lot, but he wins points with 65 mph serves because he is so quick
Old 09-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #1750
country flag danton

danton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's because of his baseline game, not because of his serve.
Rubbish - he has good 2nd serve stats against very good returners. I'm not saying it's the quickest and best serve but it's effective. Speed isn't everything. He places it well and gets good kick which makes it difficult to make a winning return.
danton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #1751
country flag Heners

Heners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond repute

Fredd
Old 09-06-2009, 02:28 AM   #1752
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danton View Post
Rubbish - he has good 2nd serve stats against very good returners. I'm not saying it's the quickest and best serve but it's effective. Speed isn't everything. He places it well and gets good kick which makes it difficult to make a winning return.
His second serve is below average, you're just biased.

Nadal has great second serve stats and his second serve is below average.
Quote:
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #1753
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon 2009, Australian commentators:

"Lleyton has got a very good chance of progressing to round 5"

- They kept saying round 5 (instead of quarter-finals).

"If Lleyton wins this set there won't be 5 sets"

- They said this towards the end of the second set (Hewitt had won the first). But they said it like a fact, not a prediction.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #1754
country flag straitup

The commentator: "I didn't think Blake had enough top to keep the lob in the court"

Reality: The lob landed at the service line, Robredo just pretty much ran the wrong direction
Old 09-06-2009, 05:54 AM   #1755
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Luke Jensen is in such utter disbelief commentating on Blake-Robredo, sounds totally despondent
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote