Commentary at its finest - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #151
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

Escude has just asked if there was the "eyehawk" in grandslams

Don't worry Nicolas, you're still my fav french commentator but

Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 AM   #152
country flag joseluismb

joseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond repute

This one isn't from a commentaror, but it still made me laugh a lot. I'm watching Roger's match with my Mom and Dad. And in one of the changeovers, the camera focused Tony Roche, and my dad suddenly asked:

"Is that Federer's father?"

LOL

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right"-Ford
joseluismb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:27 AM   #153
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
Escude has just asked if there was the "eyehawk" in grandslams

Don't worry Nicolas, you're still my fav french commentator but
AWWWWWWW Nico commenting for French TV!
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:04 AM   #154
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Frew McMillan, while calling the Vaidisova-Craybas match briefly, on Vaidisova's unusually early takeback at one point:

"My goodness. She prepared yesterday for that backhand"
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:52 AM   #155
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Simon Reed back in glorious form again, calling Tsonga an "Ali-lookalike". He may be right actually, but another one of his observations that comes straight out of the blue. My favourite so far though has to be, "And if you're just coming in now.... where on earth have you been??!!", to which I said back at the TV, "Trying not to listen to you, Si."

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:55 AM   #156
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster View Post
Simon Reed back in glorious form again, calling Tsonga an "Ali-lookalike". He may be right actually, but another one of his observations that comes straight out of the blue. My favourite so far though has to be, "And if you're just coming in now.... where on earth have you been??!!", to which I said back at the TV, "Trying not to listen to you, Si."
i said he looks like Ali in the scoring thread
Old 01-15-2007, 07:12 AM   #157
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you just hate it when it's late (it's late in Melbourne), they (ES France) is showing a match no one cares about (sorry but not many people care about Fish-Ljubo in France ) and there is that poor lonely commentator who's talking alone with such a passion that he makes you want to go back to bed and that it's obvious they kept the "good" commentators for the night session?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:15 AM   #158
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't you just hate it when it's late (it's late in Melbourne), they (ES France) is showing a match no one cares about (sorry but not many people care about Fish-Ljubo in France ) and there is that poor lonely commentator who's talking alone with such a passion that he makes you want to go back to bed and that it's obvious they kept the "good" commentators for the night session?
Marat aka Mr Charm (aka every tournament's money-milking cow ) will play in the night session so obvioulsy good commentators are needed.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:15 AM   #159
country flag Loftra

Loftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's exactly the same on Dutch ES, but they kept their lousy commentator for the Serena match.
Loftra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #160
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of Baggy match the commentator said, "Finally the misery is over."
2moretogo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:57 AM   #161
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

The commentators on Star sports during the Nadal-Kendrick match were talking about Nadal's progress at Wimbledon:

"...and then he reached the final and actually gave Roger Nadal some trouble."

I guess Roger took Rafa's last name after they got married
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:38 PM   #162
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

During the Nadal-Kendick match Mats Wilander they were talking about last year's Wimbledon final and said Nadal "nearly took out Roger Federer in that final".

Hardly.
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #163
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

during Monday's play, Chris Fowler was going through the results of the day and said something to the effect that Amer Delic kicked Gilles Simon's ass and then said "and this is the same guy who beat Andy Roddick in the US Open a couple of years ago"

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:32 PM   #164
country flag Pigpen Stinks

Pigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond repute

Seen one Gilles, you've seen them all.
Pigpen Stinks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #165
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

some clay tournament in 2006, think it was monte carlo - barry cowan - "ivan ljubicic has not shaved his head today and he has not shaved his face" LMAO
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote