A. Murray: "This week we have shown that women can be very good coaches as well" - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
country flag ReturnAce

ReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond reputeReturnAce has a reputation beyond repute
Default A. Murray: "This week we have shown that women can be very good coaches as well"

"A lot of people criticised me for working with her and I think so far this week we have shown that women can be very good coaches as well," Murray said after his semi-final victory.

"I’m very thankful to Amelie for doing it and I would say it was a brave choice from her to do it. Hopefully I can repay her for what she did."

"A lot of people were criticising her at the end of last year, like the way I was playing was her fault when I'd spent two weeks training with her up to the end of the year, until the training block. You can't change things during tournaments. There was very little time to spend with each other."

Murray also acknowledged American Madison Keys' recent hiring of Lindsay Davenport, the 19-year-old making her first Grand Slam semifinal here.

"I see no reason why that can't keep moving forward like that in the future," Murray continued. The crowd inside Rod Laver Arena applauded his comments.

"I think it's great," former doubles standout Rennae Stubbs, an Australian TV commentator, wrote in an email to USA Today Sports about Murray's words. "I love the way he is standing behind his decision to work with her."

Stubbs pointed out that Murray's mother has been a constant force in his life. Judy Murray is a respected tennis coach in Britain, and is the current Fed Cup captain there.

"His mother's influence is so obvious," she wrote. "He is such a champion of women."
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

"It made such big news when Andy picked Amelie, but to me it was like, 'Really? I just don't understand that line of thinking,'" Navratilova said.

"One day people will not look at gender when they hire a coach," Navratilova told The Daily Telegraph. "I saw some comments from Toni Nadal who said that women should not be coaching men because it is a completely different game. But you do not have to be a baseliner to coach another baseliner; it is about what you can bring to that particular player.

"I think you’ll see more women coaches after the results that Amelie has achieved with Andy, because she’s done a really great job. And Lindsay has obviously had quick success with Madison, even if she does have a bazooka of a player to work with. The other thing is that tennis pays better these days, so the money is there to lure the former champions back to the tour.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

"A coach sometimes gets so much praise when their player does well and sometimes gets criticism when they don't do well," said U.S. Fed Cup captain Mary Joe Fernandez, speaking on ESPN2's Australian Open coverage.

Fernandez continued on ESPN2: "I think (Mauresmo is) getting him to be more aggressive. She was a player who loved to come forward – that's how she won her two majors. It's taken a little bit longer with Andy and Mauresmo, but the personalities mesh well. And she's making an impact; she's getting through to him."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...esmo/22516079/

Last edited by ReturnAce : 01-29-2015 at 03:36 PM.
ReturnAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #2
country flag f1yer

f1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A. Murray: "This week we have shown that women can be very good coaches as well"

This dude should ve been the poster kid of the 80s feminist movement
Old 01-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
country flag MasterPredictor

MasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A. Murray: "This week we have shown that women can be very good coaches as well"

Seppi deserves most of the credit.
MasterPredictor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
country flag alter ego

alter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait untill feminist boy gets his ass kicked in the final.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
country flag MurrayWizard
World No. 6

MurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayWizard has a reputation beyond repute

Murray ripping to shreds the haters.

CURRENT RANKING: 6
SINGLES CAREER TITLES: 31
GRAND SLAM TITLES: 2

Power + Variety = Andy Murray
MurrayWizard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

I wait for the day when he put the blame on her ...... Except Lendl, his record hasn't been good.
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
country flag WollyHBK

WollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond repute

Mugray lol
WollyHBK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
country flag Bruce7

Bruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond reputeBruce7 has a reputation beyond repute

There was no need to say this as it makes the hiring of Mauresmo seem like some feminist pet project. He should let his results speak for themselves.

As to whether she is a good coach or not, I'll reserve judgement until he achieves something that he hasn't achieved before, or his game improves to levels that he hasn't attained before. Neither of these have happened yet.
Bruce7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:28 PM   #9
country flag zenith92

zenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond reputezenith92 has a reputation beyond repute

lol.
zenith92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #10
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

No coaching arrangement, except maybe for Lendl, ever really improved him, and only for a short time. He's back to moping around and talking to himself. He did it less with Lendl, because Lendl wouldn't tolerate it.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #11
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce7 View Post
There was no need to say this as it makes the hiring of Mauresmo seem like some feminist pet project.
What else do you think it was? He certainly hasn't made any tactical changes.
MTwEeZi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #12
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusting ... He literally threw all women under the bus with that. So before this week, women were only good for making sandwiches and washing dishes? Andy tries to be clever with words but this week proves nothing. Mauresmo is a wonderful lady, grand slam champ, and more. I just thought she would be the wrong fit. Andy's draw has been super easy, so we will see how he performs against Nole in the final

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #13
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

Publicity stunt.

Does anyone really believe Mauresmo has helped him at all? I'm sure they get on fine, but meh.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:41 PM   #14
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

This is what being raised by a single mother does to a man; pussy whipped.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #15
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is that guy who makes knee jerk threads on MTF after one result.

Quote:
Federer, Nadal and Djokovic pander to plutocrats and charge huge appearance fees. The "trickle down effect" means that tournaments like the Heineken Open now have to pay appearance money for racketeers that many of us have never heard of. It's close to extortion.
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote