Murray will return to top form at the US Open - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Post Murray will return to top form at the US Open

He hasn't had the most spectacular US hardcourt season so far but two quarter-finals isn't that bad. Losing to a peak Tsonga and JesusFed isn't bad at all. Many of you are probably thinking he's done (plenty of threads saying that anyway) but that's idiotic. He's not done and he won't be for a long time. He'll show us that he can get back up to the top at the US Open and onwards. Only quarter-final points to defend at the slam and then nothing for the rest of the year. Only large amount of points he has to defend next year is that semi-final at RG too. His road back to the top will begin at the US Open. I can feel it.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 466-146...
TITLES: 29 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
country flag Balthazar

Balthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond reputeBalthazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray will return to top form at the US Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
He hasn't had the most spectacular US hardcourt season so far but two quarter-finals isn't that bad. Losing to a peak Tsonga and JesusFed isn't bad at all. Many of you are probably thinking he's done (plenty of threads saying that anyway) but that's idiotic. He's not done and he won't be for a long time. He'll show us that he can get back up to the top at the US Open and onwards. Only quarter-final points to defend at the slam and then nothing for the rest of the year. Only large amount of points he has to defend next year is that semi-final at RG too. His road back to the top will begin at the US Open. I can feel it.
Excuse me what?Peak Tsonga?Tsonga almost lost that match and only reason he won is Murray's choke.And JesusFed?LOL Federer was at best good.Not counting how he couldn't volley to save his life and had dips in form in the second set.
Balthazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
country flag Fastgrass
Banned!

Fastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly returning to Top form means?? Is he getting another Youzny- Verdasco- JJ sleepwalk to Finals or wind will be there disturbing his main rivals? Besides infinite lucky draws with amount of luck involved I don't see guy going deep there even if he resurrects to so called "Murray 2.0"
Fastgrass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
country flag gatekeeper

gatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond reputegatekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

i think he will reach the Semis , where he will lose to the eventual US Champ , federer.
gatekeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
country flag BringBakTehGrass

BringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond reputeBringBakTehGrass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Losing to a peak Tsonga and JesusFed isn't bad at all.
JesusFed doesn't hit 30+ UEs. Fed won that match because Murray was serving at 48% first serve.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
country flag EddieNero
Banned!

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't notice it before, but now I must agree that the level of bias and delusion among Mugraytards has risen enormously.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Not unless there's another hurricane.

Murphy doesn't really have "a peak form" in any case- he is mostly dependent on how easy the draw is.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
country flag PerfectAce753

PerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer was playing pretty poorly in that match, it was certainly very far from JesusFed.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #9
country flag Vinch

Vinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond reputeVinch has a reputation beyond repute

Deja vu.
I don't think he will have a great UsOpen. QF at best depending on the draw.
He could come back strong for the end of the year, maybe like Fed in 2011.
Vinch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #10
country flag Rychu
Thumps Chest Repeatedly

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

I've been hearing this all year. He is returning to top form etc.

We've been hearing this since January.

Thiem - Kyrgios - Fognini - Monfils - Djokovic
Rychu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Literally cannot decide which top 16 player will straight set him this time...

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #12
country flag Dark Knight

Dark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL bro that was no peak Tsonga or Jesusfed

Murray should fix his WTA serve and his mentality other wise he will be knocked out again.

ROGER FEDERER

STANISLAS WAWRINKA
Dark Knight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #13
country flag robbery47

robbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastgrass View Post
What exactly returning to Top form means?? Is he getting another Youzny- Verdasco- JJ sleepwalk to Finals or wind will be there disturbing his main rivals? Besides infinite lucky draws with amount of luck involved I don't see guy going deep there even if he resurrects to so called "Murray 2.0"
this
Old 08-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #14
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would love another appearance of Slamray. The tour also lacks high quality depth. So either way Andy can still bring something to the table.

What makes you feel he'll be in top form for this year's US Open? Inside info? Or just a gut feeling based on recent observation?

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #15
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I expect Andy and Stan to be at 3 and 4 respectively very shortly. Roger in 5th where he belongs.

C'mon Andy!!

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote