So when does everyone expect Djokovic to actually decline? LOL - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute
Default So when does everyone expect Djokovic to actually decline? LOL

Seriously the guy has been around for a decade now and seeing the comments by pundits and some on here about how Djokovic still has a good 4 years of wining slams or that he'll come back next year to cruise to the RG you'd assume he's a young 23 year old or something in the prime of his career.

He's 28. Federer was 28 in 2009; he's only won 2 more slams since then and that's with a game that doesn't rely on grinding and fitness.

Nadal was 28 last year and he's only won the RG ever since and well it seems like his slam winning days are coming to an end very quickly.

And pretty much no tennis player in history has won a lot of slams after 28 than before it, in fact no tennis player has won as many slams after 28 than they did before 28. If tennis history is anything to go by during the next year or so Djokovic's movement will start declining unless he's a freak of nature.

So why do many Djokotards on here act like Djokovic is a young 23 year old player just hitting his prime? Lolvak's best years to win slams was definitely 2012-2014 and he pretty much choked in a lot of finals and latter stages of slams where he should have done better [off the top of my head; RG 12, USO 12, RG 13, W 13, RG 14, USO 14].
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So when does everyone expect Djokovic to actually decline? LOL

Djokovic will go on winning 1 Slam per year for the next 10 years (except next year when he will win the Golden Slam), and become the GOAT that way.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Seriously the guy has been around for a decade now and seeing the comments by pundits and some on here about how Djokovic still has a good 4 years of wining slams or that he'll come back next year to cruise to the RG you'd assume he's a young 23 year old or something in the prime of his career.

He's 28. Federer was 28 in 2009; he's only won 2 more slams since then and that's with a game that doesn't rely on grinding and fitness.

Nadal was 28 last year and he's only won the RG ever since and well it seems like his slam winning days are coming to an end very quickly.

And pretty much no tennis player in history has won a lot of slams after 28 than before it, in fact no tennis player has won as many slams after 28 than they did before 28. If tennis history is anything to go by during the next year or so Djokovic's movement will start declining unless he's a freak of nature.

So why do many Djokotards on here act like Djokovic is a young 23 year old player just hitting his prime? Lolvak's best years to win slams was definitely 2012-2014 and he pretty much choked in a lot of finals and latter stages of slams where he should have done better [off the top of my head; RG 12, USO 12, RG 13, W 13, RG 14, USO 14].
If I said the world was flat, would you make a thread about it?
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #4
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

I think his 2016 will be what 2014 was to Nadal, after that he'll similarly decline sharply and possibly be done winning Slams.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #5
country flag M.Bison

M.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond repute

Since Ferrer is still going strong, I'll say 32 before he loses a step.
M.Bison is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #6
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

2011 was Djokovic best, he has been steadily declining ever since.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #7
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison View Post
Nadal footsteps declined faster than ferrer which is a surprise.
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #8
country flag JKT76

JKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond reputeJKT76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonko View Post
Nadal footsteps declined faster than ferrer which is a surprise.
More ass to drag all around court
JKT76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #9
country flag Myisyours

Myisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond reputeMyisyours has a reputation beyond repute

He may start declining but everyone else in the top tier is his age or older and there's almost no one younger of much merit. 18-25? Empty. No one
Myisyours is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:40 PM   #10
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison View Post
Easier to sustain a level of winning a few 500's per year than it is to win slams year in year out.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #11
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

The mean peak age has risen in contemporary tennis. With the slower and more homogeneous surfaces, it's become more of a battle of attrition rather than one of reflexes. The younger guys have a comparative disadvantage with respect to stamina and power, although after a certain age the loss of speed is a limiting factor.

Given the current state of the tour, Djokovic's career is coinciding nicely with the average age in the top rankings as a whole. But as the saying goes, time and tide waits for no-one. He definitely has a couple of great years left in him at least; after that I'd be extremely surprised if he didn't show visible signs of decline. Of course he'd still be capable of some great matches even as a 30+ year old, but I don't expect him to be consistent at all from that age.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:43 PM   #12
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Djokovic will go on winning 1 Slam per year for the next 10 years (except next year when he will win the Golden Slam), and become the GOAT that way.

Nadal + Fedull = Nadull
Muger + Murray = Mugray
Fakerer + Djokovic = Fakervic

The Great Exposures of the Open Era
Muger Fedull: An Overpriced Haircut and Marketing
NOTHING MORE

Fan of the game.
MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:43 PM   #13
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute

He's been declining a little the last couple years, just not as much as his main rivals + the rest of the field.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #14
country flag spartanprincess

spartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond reputespartanprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApproachShot View Post
The mean peak age has risen in contemporary tennis. With the slower and more homogeneous surfaces, it's become more of a battle of attrition rather than one of reflexes. The younger guys have a comparative disadvantage with respect to stamina and power, although after a certain age the loss of speed is a limiting factor.

Given the current state of the tour, Djokovic's career is coinciding nicely with the average age in the top rankings as a whole. But as the saying goes, time and tide waits for no-one. He definitely has a couple of great years left in him at least; after that I'd be extremely surprised if he didn't show visible signs of decline. Of course he'd still be capable of some great matches even as a 30+ year old, but I don't expect him to be consistent at all from that age.
Good points.

But his regime and eating is so good that he could be around 3-4 more years........if he wants.

After that think Nole has a full dance ticket for other things!
spartanprincess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #15
country flag budala

budala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post

id be happy if Novak wins two more slams. thats 10 in total, which isnt small number by any means. if one of those happens to be RG, id be ecstatic.
i'm just not sure why do you think Novak's game is based on grinding? he was bossing around his opponents in every match this year, baring today's final. and thats why he lost... Novak has the ability to grind out point, but his game is not as psychical as Nadals or Murrays...