Andy Murray: "I don't know how Novak recovered from the 2012 AO SF" - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2015, 07:07 PM   #1
country flag Silverbullet96

Silverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverbullet96 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andy Murray: "I don't know how Novak recovered from the 2012 AO SF"

Q. Do you have any thoughts on the fairness of that? Do you believe semifinals should be played on the same day?

ANDY MURRAY: I mean, I do, yeah. You want the players all to have the same opportunity. But, I mean, I was told that the player that's played the second semifinal I think has won like five or six of the last seven years, so I don't know exactly who it favors more. Obviously if you have an extremely long match you would think the person that had the extra day's rest, it would favor them. But a couple years Novak recovered from -- I don't know how he did it, because I played against him in the semifinal and I could barely walk a couple days later. But he recovered from a five-hour match and then won the final in six hours. I don't really know who it favors, to be honest.

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/in...691672645.html

- Rafael Nadal

Silverbullet96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
country flag NSMv1924

NSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond reputeNSMv1924 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Murray: "I don't know how Novak recovered from the 2012 AO SF"

Murray trying to compare his fitness level to Novak's
Old 01-31-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
country flag Illusive Man

Illusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond repute

INB4 AndyNonymous

Tier 1: Fish, Kuznetsov, Donskoy, Kyrgios, Vesely, Thiem, Coric

Tier 2: All other young players (We need a new generation of players!)

Tier 3: Carreno, Pella, Struff, Janowicz, Goffin
Illusive Man is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:18 PM   #4
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 01-31-2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Sorry, forgot Dr. Igor Cetojevic "gluten-free"
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:24 PM   #5
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Nice try Andy, but we won't forget your complete body transformation over the course of an off-season

Quote:
Federer, Nadal and Djokovic pander to plutocrats and charge huge appearance fees. The "trickle down effect" means that tournaments like the Heineken Open now have to pay appearance money for racketeers that many of us have never heard of. It's close to extortion.
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:30 PM   #6
country flag TropicalSunset

TropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond repute

That fancy egg?

a fan of: Andre Agassi, David Nalbandian, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Stanislas Wawrinka, Robin Soderling & all Chinese players
support: Juan Carlos Ferrero, Lleyton Hewitt, Marat Safin, James Blake, Nikolay Davydenko, Tommy Haas, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Lukas Rosol
like to watch: Philipp Kohlschreiber, Richard Gasquet, Nicolas Almagro, Mikhail Youzhny, Tommy Robredo, Grigor Dimitrov, Ernest Gulbis, Marcos Bagdatis, Steve Darcis

blacklisted:Any act of anti-tennis, say the Whine, the Knee, the Bald, the Ass-picking and the Moonballing.
TropicalSunset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #7
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Murray can run as much as anyone, or as Davydenko would say,

Quote:
"Sometimes he walks on court, he looks tired, like he doesn't want to run any more and then he runs like an animal. He has done that all his career. He's, like: 'Ah, I don't want to play any more.' Then he starts returning and running and you see his condition is very good.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Innocent Murray.. he thinks that going gluten-free is all it takes.

MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:36 PM   #9
country flag Uncle Latso

Uncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond repute

shots shot
Uncle Latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:39 PM   #10
country flag Uncle Latso

Uncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Latso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Nice try Andy, but we won't forget your complete body transformation over the course of an off-season
Him and Verdasco went from this

To this

over 40 days at the Adidas program.

I want to go too
Uncle Latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:46 PM   #11
country flag ne znam ali mozda

ne znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond repute

Me too, i was shocked.
ne znam ali mozda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:48 PM   #12
country flag JohnClarke

JohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond reputeJohnClarke has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic was not the first one to do that though. Nadal did it in 2009 as well. It is a combination of fitness, confidence and mental strength to push yourself to the limit. Nadal looked completely tuckered out in the third set of the final in 2009 and I think Federer would have won the match had he won that set. He somehow clung onto it and managed to outlast Federer. Similarly Dojokovic looked to be out of it early in the 5th set but managed to push himself through and cross the line. Both Nadal and Djokovic were extremely confident at that time and that surely helped.
JohnClarke is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:01 PM   #13
country flag doubletrollt

doubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond reputedoubletrollt has a reputation beyond repute

There is a big difference between AO and Wimb/USO though, in that regard.

At AO top players are well rested after an off season and usually get to SF by losing a set or two, so playing two consecutive 5-setters (at night) is not that hard .

But playing finals at Wimb after 5-setter in SF and recently tough F/SF in RG + clay masters before that, is a huge disadvantage if another finalist virtually skippped the clay season (Sampras) and played four quick sets in the semi.

The same is true for USO because of already accumulated fatigue during the season and the two masters beforehand.

Last edited by doubletrollt : 01-31-2015 at 08:48 PM.
doubletrollt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:14 PM   #14
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

All the closet Serb fans trying to bring Murray into it.

What we saw in that 2012 Australian Open was unbelievable. I have never seen a recovery like it in any sport.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:29 PM   #15
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Are you kidding? Miami is a wonderful place to train and build up and take care of one's body... Many athletes train and take advantage of the fantastic weather and attractions there.

One just has to avoid certain people, anti-aging clinics, and other temptations near South Beach...

Miami's Biogenesis-Odesnik files....Miami's Biogenesis - Bosch timeline

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote