Commentary at its finest - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commentary at its finest

Post any noteworthy pieces of commentary that you wish to share.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

Fred Stolle on the Ferrero vs Vicente match.

"This was a good win by Ferrero the veteran over the youngster Vicente". Fred, Vicente is a bit older than JCF.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

During the Nadal-Kendrick match, Aussie commentator Fred Stolle came up with several pearlers.

(towards the end of the 3rd set)
"the crowd is getting right behind this youngster from the USA."

I guess age is a relative concept - Kendrick turns 27 in a few months, while Nadal turned 20 only a few weeks ago. Not that Kendrick is a veteran, but he is certainly no youngster.

(while Kendrick was serving at 3-5 in the 5th set)
"Kendrick would love to hold serve here"

(just prior to Nadal serving for the match)
"during that change of ends, Nadal ate a banana. If you recall back to the French Open, during the 5th set in his match against Paul-Henri Mathieu, he got a piece of banana stuck in his throat and had to take an injury timeout to wash it down with some water"

First of all, thanks for the story Fred, secondly, there was no 5th set.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
Banned!

during the Molik v Srebotnik match, it was John Newcombe's turn.

After Srebotnik held to take a 6-2 2-1*, lead, Newcombe said:

"Srebotnik holds serve to hang in there in this 2nd set"

Molik went on to lose every subsequent game.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - Fred's a bit fast and loose with the facts, isn't he...
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

During a US Open match with Hewitt.

Newcombe said:

"Come on mate we need to focus here and get a break". Newk it was not Davis Cup.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #7
Banned!

During the Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai 2005, Fred Stolle was also in red hot form:

"Croatia has a very strong group of players at the moment, with Ljubicic and Ancic representing Croatia against Slovakia in the Davis Cup final next week. And of course there is also the up and coming Tomas Berdych, who took out the Paris Indoors a few weeks ago, who could consider himself very unlucky not to be included in the squad."
Old 06-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #8
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Fred Stolle on the Ferrero vs Vicente match.

"This was a good win by Ferrero the veteran over the youngster Vicente". Fred, Vicente is a bit older than JCF.
Vamos Freddie Stolle.

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #9
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
During the Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai 2005, Fred Stolle was also in red hot form:

"Croatia has a very strong group of players at the moment, with Ljubicic and Ancic representing Croatia against Slovakia in the Davis Cup final next week. And of course there is also the up and coming Tomas Berdych, who took out the Paris Indoors a few weeks ago, who could consider himself very unlucky not to be included in the squad."
Freddie = En Fuego.

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #10
country flag revolution

revolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Bailey (BBC) during Kendrick-Nadal said that this was Rafa's 5th main tour match on grass, when we all know it wasn't.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #11
Banned!

Following the Nadal v Kendrick match, Fred picked up where he left off, in regards to 5 setters that Nadal has played:

"that's only the second five set match Nadal has won"

Just off the top of my head, I can recall Nadal beating Federer in Roma 2006, Youzhny at the AO 2005, Ljubicic in Madrid 2005, Coria in Roma 2005... and I guess Fred has forgotten about Nadal's 5 set win against PHM at Roland Garros 2006.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #12
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

:retard:
Old 06-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #13
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Following the Nadal v Kendrick match, Fred picked up where he left off, in regards to 5 setters that Nadal has played:

"that's only the second five set match Nadal has won"

Just off the top of my head, I can recall Nadal beating Federer in Roma 2006, Youzhny at the AO 2005, Ljubicic in Madrid 2005, Coria in Roma 2005... and I guess Fred has forgotten about Nadal's 5 set win against PHM at Roland Garros 2006.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #14
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Cliff Drysdale makes these guys look like John Barret, I don't even have to quote Cliff because he routinely mis-speaks, and says the stupidest stuff.

"Nadal won Doha earlier this year, where he beat Federer for only the second time" - Cliff (during Nadals first match at wimbly this year) ...don't you mean Dubai, and the third time?

Mary Carillo isn't immune to misspeaking either

"David Ferrer is a tough guy, he beat defending champion Rafa Nadal last year in Paris"
- Mary Carillo (durning Ferrer's match against Roddick at Miami). I am sorry Mary what? Don't you mean Gaudio.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
country flag wipeout

wipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond reputewipeout has a reputation beyond repute

BBC commentators on Safin match saying Marat learning it's tough being low-ranked and unseeded after being top-ranked star.

Obviously everyone starts low-ranked so know it's tough already but Marat got injured and ended up low ranked before in 2003! And it was also around #90 as well.
wipeout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote