Join our blogging team! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #16
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenrios
Got to agree with Carlita - the blog in Verdasco's forum is, IMO, just a news report that's a month out of date. Can't see what it adds to the forum at all.
If you or others in the forum helped post news on the Verdasco blog it wouldn't be out of date.
wtn_amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #17
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler
wtn_amanda is it true that if you are an aspiring sports journalist this can help out in a way? and if so, how?
It can definiitely help because you have real world examples of your work out there on the internet, and samples you can put in your professional portfoilio. We also plug your blog entries to multiple sites, search engines, who will post a teaser and a link back to your blog for the full article. So you're getting promoted on here, exposure on other internet sites, who knows who might read your articles, and you publish work using professional news publishing tools.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #18
country flag wtn_amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
Can I do a Mathieu Montcourt blog?
Sure. Our team is easily able to create new blog sites for any players not already setup on the blog network. Just send them the information requested to blogs@tennisuniverse.com.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #19
country flag wtn_amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
I don't understand it -

We already do these things on our own player forums.

And where did Tangy see who already took a player?
Here's the thing. Not everyone has time to trawl through pages of threads to find information that interests them. By posting any news and information you have about a player, even if it's already in the forum, you're making the most interesting material easily accessible to far more people. Some of the news threads in the player forums are over 150 pages long

The blog subforum breaks all this down into one thread articles which is alot nicer for guests and infrequent visitors. And for some, they will prefer to subscribe to your blog using sites such as My Yahoo and visit them when there's updates to read, rather than trawling through 10s of pages of the message forum. It's a nice option but not everyone will use it we know.

It doesn't matter if somebody is already blogging about a player. The system supports multiple users posting news to the same blog. If you feel you want to help contribute, just apply for an account on the system, and you simply login to the blog control panel whenever you have news or information to post And you can blog about as many players as you want.

Finally. We're not just looking for huge news articles all the time. Post what you feel like posting, whether it's a few lines updating people on the latest result, or a full blown news piece with quotes and your opinions, every contribution is welcomed.

Just email the following to blogs@tennisuniverse.com:

The player(s) you want to blog about:
Your name:
A sample blog entry:
Your MTF username:

Last edited by wtn_amanda : 06-28-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #20
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtn_amanda
If you or others in the forum helped post news on the Verdasco blog it wouldn't be out of date.
that's what we do in our News and Articles thread

Also I thought blogs were meant to have small article type thingies. Not he won, he lost and will play blabla.....

I'm not saying the blog option should go.... it should just stay inside the blog forum!

And maybe there is/or can be found a way to organise the blogs alphabetically so if you are looking for a certain player it's easy to find.

for now I will switch on the ignore thing somewhere inside my brain.....
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #21
country flag wtn_amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~
that's what we do in our News and Articles thread
Yes but not everyone has time to read through hundreds of pages in news and articles threads to find what interests them. Some people prefer having the information easily accessible, either a single link, or a simple news blog site, the ability to subscribe to the Fernando Verdasco blog is nice too and be alerted to new articles via Yahoo, Google or AOL for example.

Quote:
Also I thought blogs were meant to have small article type thingies. Not he won, he lost and will play blabla.....
No a blog entry can be anything you want. It doesn't have to conform to certain standards, people have the freedom to write as much or as little as they feel like at their time, and as often as they want. It can certainly follow the theme of an agency news article in terms of size and content, or it can be a few lines long just updating people briefly what happened that given day.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #22
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure. Our team is easily able to create new blog sites for any players not already setup on the blog network. Just send them the information requested to blogs@tennisuniverse.com.
Splendid

Will do it later

Do I get a player forum for him thrown in as part of the deal?
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #23
country flag wtn_amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
Splendid

Will do it later

Do I get a player forum for him thrown in as part of the deal?
Yes you do
Old 06-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #24
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

All the entries in the forum are, are links TO the blog..... What if you just put a (sticky if you like) locked topic in each of the player's forums with a link to their particular blog. That way, it will all look less chaotic.

also if there are 50 entries in a blog..... that's also "so many pages to search through" so it could be the same as one of the topics.....

Also, say I'm not from here...I like Verdasco.... I open the Verdasco Forum.... I look at the topics.... think: oooh a blog! (not very likely in my case, but okay ) I open it, see the link to the blog, click to enter the blog! Voila! It's not like the messages are in the topic in the player forum. It's just a link to... And if someone thinks the blog is worth the time and energy, he/she can bookmark it, subscribe to it or will know where to find the link to the blog. I take it all the entries go into one and the same blog?

This way people who do not like it are less "annoyed" by it than when it's like it is now.... in your face!

And us posting in the blog as well... hmmm....sorry but I don't feel like posting everything 2-3 times....

Okay.... this was my final attempt I'm not holding my breath here...... It's just how I feel about it, and I know quite a few who feel the same...... I'll just pretend they are not there....

edit: when you open the big player forum, there it is! The blog bit at the top of all the topics, wonderful! Nicely blend in with the other topics and still at the top so it won't get lost! I guess the think I find annoying is when you look at the Spanish Aramada (in total) you see double names.......(Fernando Verdasco and beneath it Fernando Verdasco Blog) if that bit would be taken away...it would be so much better already. (nag nag nag )

Last edited by Carlita : 06-28-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #25
bad gambler

sign me up Mandy
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #26
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Well I better sign up then it looks like, then again I am not sure how many are going to read what is written anyway.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #27
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Amanda, if you already write news for a website for a particular player, would it be ok to repost this news in a player's blog on here or does it have to be brand new content. As far as copyright and all that, it's me being credited on the other site, so it's my writing... I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem?

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #28
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Jess, it should be OK, since it is your work.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #29
country flag wtn_amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
Amanda, if you already write news for a website for a particular player, would it be ok to repost this news in a player's blog on here or does it have to be brand new content. As far as copyright and all that, it's me being credited on the other site, so it's my writing... I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem?
If it's your work, you're free to reproduce it anywhere you like on any site as long as you haven't signed a contract that signs away your artistic rights
Old 06-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #30
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If it's your work, you're free to reproduce it anywhere you like on any site as long as you haven't signed a contract that signs away your artistic rights

Excellent It will be fairly easy for me to come up with a sample then Thanks!

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote