NRL ROUND 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #1
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute
Default NRL ROUND 16

I'm actually surprised the price for Melbourne is as high as $1.55 (on Tab sportsbet) to beat the Bulldogs at home on Friday night.

The Storm have won 11 straight at home, but I just get a sneaking feeling they're ripe for a loss sooner or later. They've been a bit unconvincing in their past couple of home matches (against Penrith and Canberra in particular) and the Bulldogs might be the team to break them.

On the other hand, if Melbourne turn up ready to play, the -4.5 shapes as one of the best bets of the round because they're just as capable of running riot.

Once again the greed of the NRL's bean counters is sucking the juice out of Brisbane's premiership push and while they were absolutely wonderful in defeat against the Dragons last week, as much as I hate to admit it, they look a little vulnerable heading to Brookvale for Sunday's matchup with Manly.

When will this competition (supposedly the pinnacle of of it's kind) put the clubs and the players before temporarily reduced television revenue and let state of origin matches stand alone on weekends. Until it happens, it's simply asking too much of the Broncos to finish the season with the necessary gusto to be any hope in September.

Anyway, that's another topic entirely ..

Other weekend lean is Newcastle to hit back at home ..
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
country flag good_gambler

good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NRL ROUND 16

Brisbane and North Queensland will show up to play this weekend!!
I am on both big time.

The Melbourne-Bulldogs game:
Melbourne at $1.55 are the right price I think...Any less the Dogs are a bargain...any more Melbourne are a bargain. Not going to bet on this but going for Melbourne in a huuuge way.

Not going to say too much more because I can't really bet against the three sides above (Storm, Broncos, Cowboys) if I tried..

Also think there is value in Souths..
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

Sure the Broncos will show up this weekend, but they'll show up minus some key strike weapons in Karmichael Hunt and Greg Eastwood to name but a couple. They'll give it everything like they did against the Dragons last time, but they look like a football team it's last legs even at this point of the season. And it's no fault of their own.
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
country flag PerfectPairs

PerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler
I should re-phrase that then.

Brisbane and North Queensland will turn it on big time this weekend!!
lol i have to agree with u there GG - but i knew wot u meant b4 u rephrased it

im liking all the away teams on fri and sat in terms of value

dogs + 4.5 $1.90 - should be a close one and am liking the dogs since the foward pack are on fire atm and with sherwin being back for a few weeks, theyve looked the goods. Also i am a doggies fan so i may be a bit biased

Cronulla $2.20 - newcastle have been down lately and the sharks have been the complete opposite. Bit weary that its at newcastle so might take 3.5 point head start and even wont put as much on this game

Tigers -2.5 @ 1.90 -weary of gower to shine for origin (if he plays). But tigers showing their premiership form

Nth qld 3.10 - good value. Sure the cowboys have been down in form lately losing their last few matches, but I have to agree they will come out with guns blazing, or as gg puts it "they will show up to to play"
I will be greedy and not take the 8.5 point head start and hope they get over the line with a win @ WIN stadium

Warriors -6.5 -looking for the warriors to put souths back into their grave and dominate, as the warriors try to catch up on premiership points who are close to the teams outside the top 8.

Good luck
PerfectPairs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #5

PerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond reputePerfectPairs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectPairs
dogs + 4.5 $1.90 - should be a close one and am liking the dogs since the foward pack are on fire atm and with sherwin being back for a few weeks, theyve looked the goods. Also i am a doggies fan so i may be a bit biased
Win

Shame doggies lost it right at the end of the match, but they just covered the 4.5 point head start with the storm winning by 4 (16-12)
Old 06-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #6
bad gambler

Newcastle to cover -2.5 v Sharks - $1.90

gl
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Newcastle to cover -2.5 v Sharks - $1.90

gl

lost

not sure why knights were not awarded a try when they were 16-14 ahead
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:39 PM   #8
country flag good_gambler

good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys just can't get in front..
8 losses in 9 games and I do not remember a stage where they have led for more than 3 minutes.
For them to get back on the winning track they are really going to need to be first scorer.

I'm on Souths over the Warriors tomorrow!!
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Cronulla $2.20 - newcastle have been down lately and the sharks have been the complete opposite. Bit weary that its at newcastle so might take 3.5 point head start and even wont put as much on this game

Tigers -2.5 @ 1.90 -weary of gower to shine for origin (if he plays). But tigers showing their premiership form

Nth qld 3.10 - good value. Sure the cowboys have been down in form lately losing their last few matches, but I have to agree they will come out with guns blazing, or as gg puts it "they will show up to to play"
I will be greedy and not take the 8.5 point head start and hope they get over the line with a win @ WIN stadium
Good luck
1 from 3 from the nrl today. 2 from 4 for this week.

Only win coming from Cronulla continuing newcastle woes.

Tigers edged out by the panthers, with big news benji marshall being injured and will be out for the whole season.

North Qld lost by 20 points, so woulda been the same result if i went with the handicap
Old 06-25-2006, 08:56 AM   #10

Quote:

Warriors -6.5 -looking for the warriors to put souths back into their grave and dominate, as the warriors try to catch up on premiership points who are close to the teams outside the top 8.

Good luck
66-0 trashing by the warriors. Didnt expect it to be such a massive thrashing but was confident warriors would win by a good margin

3-2 from the NRL this weekend. Thanks to the warriors i got a few units over even