Why Andy - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2006, 02:46 AM   #31
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyfan, why?

I lik ande cause he got de full lip & fullazz i liketo like0101010 001101

I never got to see the 2003 Australian Open QF match either
dont know if i ever will

I've been thinking i might re watch the 2003 US open final just to remember what good form looks like on an unstopable, consistant roddick.

Last edited by partygirl : 06-21-2006 at 05:49 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #32
country flag williaer

williaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond repute

I've got the video in 3 parts on my computer (really good quality)... It's 2.04GB in total... I might be able to upload if you'd like?
williaer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #33
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute

If i'm going to honestly answer that question the answer would be i don't know . I began my interest in Andy during Wimbledon 2004, before that i'd more or less or just been interested in thw WTA but Andy got my interested in the men's game. Then he struck me as a really funny guy, good sesne of humour and someone who fought.

It was the fighting spirit that got me interested and i just feel now, especially after watching the Blake match on Saturday most of that fighting spirit is gone, i just can't get the image of him not running for that dropshot in the second set

I mean i'll never like another player as much as i like Andy, even when i'm so disappointed with his results in torunaments i'm still running to check the results. During the summer i'm up to 4am on livescore god sake, if thats not commitment then i don't know what is. Or maybe i'm just insane...
Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #34
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by williaer
I've got the video in 3 parts on my computer (really good quality)... It's 2.04GB in total... I might be able to upload if you'd like?
the AO qf match? that would be amazing, as long as it's not too much trouble for you!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #35
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Even when he won the 5 titles in 2003 with Gilbert, Andy was
getting complacent and lazy with the serve and macho, arrogant negative
attitude.

Andy can see that he has to get stronger and more
match tough. No one cares except the fans.
He should be winning 8-11 titles a year with great fitness and
real scheduling. The competition level in the 2000s is crap compared to the 1980s and early 1990s. They're using better rackets and only 2 players can save match points and win more than 3 titles? Andy is so weak, he can't even win 5 straight matches. It's not what a counselor can correct for him.

-Andy has no one worth practicing with.
This created disasters for 3 years.
Everyone got fitter and Andy got out of shape and couldn't stand with balance.
He pretends he's tries his best, but he doesn't. His face and body language can't hide
the anguish in his eyes and careless serving/immature clapping + talking.
Fans have to realize this.
The brother and mother admitted they let him do everything on court.
They say the usual "things are improving" garbage.

-Andy can be a drama queen to explain away his losses to Federer, Agassi, Hewitt, etc.

-No one told him to stop overreacting to wins over the top players.
He couldn't admit things weren't turning around in the perfect direction
even with the win over Hewitt. He certainly didn't care too much in Australia and Indian Wells. Andy WOULD HAVE trophies from 2001 USO, 2004 Wimbledon
and 2005 Australian Open, but he DID not try that hard.

-He had very poor flexibility and pretended his ball bashing and personality WOULD somehow GIVE HIM EFFECTIVE SERVES. Instead of working on it, he sat back and relaxed.

Example: he knew he could beat Safin, but only cared about serving hard
in the 2004 Australian Open quarterfinal.
The trouble started when Brad Gilbert sat back and told Andy how wonderful it was to serve risky 155-160 mph. Andy stopped working on
his serve placement, eating habit and fitness (October 2003).
The Roddicks pressed him to do more media and charity work.
The passion for work ended ever since October 2003, when he showed up with no
footwork or serve in Madrid.

Sad predicament. Wait 10 years for another Slam champion.

Last edited by heya : 06-21-2006 at 08:53 PM.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #36
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Jo, have you checked the torrents thread? I'm pretty sure someone has it - that might be easier than Ellen uploading that kind of stuff lol

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #37
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
Jo, have you checked the torrents thread? I'm pretty sure someone has it - that might be easier than Ellen uploading that kind of stuff lol
I had a look on sladinki and couldn't find anything but it's a good idea to ask in the torrent thread first though I suppose! My brain's not really with it at the mo.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:42 PM   #38
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

sure, they're nice there one of the friendlier threads on GM

aww

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #39
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think i might have a spare gig or 2.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #40
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why AndyFan ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
04 USO vs. Johansson.
That may be one of the hardest matches i have ever had the displeasure to watch. I agree, the tide definitely started turning from that match onwards.

For his recent on-court freefall, i get mad at him, i get sad for him and i want to kick his unthinking butt in to gear. I don't ever feel like i wouldn't support him in his next match, i certainly could never root against the guy (much). I am trying to wait patiently for him to regain the form that made him a fearful force to be reckoned with on the ATP tour. It should happen, he's too good of a player for it not to.
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #41
country flag williaer

williaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why AndyFan ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFairy
I don't ever feel like i wouldn't support him in his next match, i certainly could never root against the guy (much). I am trying to wait patiently for him to regain the form that made him a fearful force to be reckoned with on the ATP tour. It should happen, he's too good of a player for it not to.
Exactly.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #42
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Andy

Because I'm mentally ill.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #43
country flag williaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito_90
I love you.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:31 AM   #44
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito_90
yeah basically

I'm a narcissistic masochist!

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote