Why Andy - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #16
country flag merce

merce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyfan, why?

I loved Andy since the very beginning, i remember the 1st time i saw him in the French Open against Lleyton Hewitt and he had to retire because got injured throughout the match. The audience gave him a standing ovation as he walked out of the court. It was pretty remarkable.
I'm a bit sad to see he's not been getting good results this year, but his got a great personality and attitude that i'm sure will get him out of this slump.
merce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #17
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

But you will still be drawn by Andy's witty interviews, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
okay, so the question is why am I STILL here? I have asked myself this a lot lately And what makes me kind of sad is that every time he has a stupid loss, I care just a little bit less.

But Andy's personality reminds me of me, the sacrasm, dry humor, self-depracation. It's my kind of humor. Andy would be that fun person I'd love to just hang out and have a good time with. And he's pretty much still got that, so I still love that about him.

I think the first time I actually saw him was in 2002 on Craig Kilborn and I was like, wow this kid is funny. To that point, my interest in tennis was mostly the older American guys - Pete, Andre, Courier. I only watched the slams, etc. Just like any casual sports fan I guess - when I saw it on I caught it, but I didn't search the tv listings or anything.

So 2003 rolls around and I see this guy again, at Wimbledon. but I didn't really pay that much attention - all I remember is that I was home and I told my dad I didn't wanna know the results since they were showing it taped. (That was when I didn't care enough to be able to do that ) And then I started seeing him win all summer long, I saw the Montreal match against Fed, the match against Mardy in Cincy, etc. and of course then the USO which I followed the whole way pretty closely.

So what really got me to the point today, is watching him play and that fire and passion and spunk and the big huge game. And it's those things that are not there as much anymore. I'd like to think they're not gone forever, but we're going on well over a year now, almost 2 even, so it's like, if they don't come back soon, if the things that got me to support him and stuff are gone forever, if he's not that player anymore, at some point i'm going to just stop caring - not on purpose, but I just know it will happen.

So I think what's keeping me on at this point is the hope that he will recover it, and the periodic glimpses of the big serves and forehands and spunky on court personality that he shows once in a great while - it gives me hope that all those things I was drawn to are still there somewhere.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:25 PM   #18
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe
But you will still be drawn by Andy's witty interviews, right?
Sigh, yes. But I am drawn by other people's witty interviews too, and I don't care as much about their results. Marat for example, I like him (in large part for his witty interviews and overall personality) and want him to win and whatnot, but I don't *care* if that makes sense. The die-hard Marat fans are a highly impressive bunch and have to be very resilient. I don't think I am resilient enough to handle that, and Andy's creeping in that direction

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #19
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sigh, yes. But I am drawn by other people's witty interviews too, and I don't care as much about their results. Marat for example, I like him (in large part for his witty interviews and overall personality) and want him to win and whatnot, but I don't *care* if that makes sense. The die-hard Marat fans are a highly impressive bunch and have to be very resilient. I don't think I am resilient enough to handle that, and Andy's creeping in that direction
I hear you but in Marat's case it is different. He can be a mental case and not win matches he should have won easily and then suddenly get it together and win a TMS and a GS. If Roddick starts his free fall, I don't expect him to come back like Marat does. In a way, being Marat's fan is much easier because you can always hope that he will win. His losses don't affect him that much unlike Roddick.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe
I hear you but in Marat's case it is different. He can be a mental case and not win matches he should have won easily and then suddenly get it together and win a TMS and a GS. If Roddick starts his free fall, I don't expect him to come back like Marat does. In a way, being Marat's fan is much easier because you can always hope that he will win. His losses don't affect him that much unlike Roddick.
Great, so it's gonna be even harder to stick with Andy than it is for Marat's diehard fans to stick with him.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 06-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #21
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Deb, who's your second in line player if not Andy? Blake?
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #22
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

I like Andy cuz he is neat.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM   #23
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
Deb, who's your second in line player if not Andy? Blake?
mardyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Old 06-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #24
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

i did'nt start this as a positive or negative thread...
I kind of started it out of numbness, in reading everyone's answers im surprised how positive it makes me feel about Andyfanning right now
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:00 PM   #25
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
mardyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
OMG, there is no hope then. I know you are a strong girl and can survive the tiny pics and deep ravines of these 2 players. I would have someone like Roger or Rafa as a back up just in case.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:01 PM   #26
country flag blosson
La La Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
I like Andy cuz he is neat.
and you like kiwi because he's meat?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #27
country flag williaer

williaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I forgot the main reason that made me an Andy fan...
2003 Australian Open QF match... after watching it, how COULDN'T you love Andy? The way he played that match just *sigh*. I wasn't a tennis fan before then (in fact I don't think I'd ever seen a whole match) but I watched that entire match on the edge of the couch screaming for Andy to win.
I'm yet to see him play with that heart and emotion again.
williaer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #28
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
OMG, there is no hope then. I know you are a strong girl and can survive the tiny pics and deep ravines of these 2 players. I would have someone like Roger or Rafa as a back up just in case.
but the difference is that I expect mardy to be a mental midget most of the time, whereas Andy surprises me. Even now, it surprises me when he comes out and plays shitty and stupid and whatever. Because i know he can do better. Mardy, I don't know he can do better.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #29
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by williaer
Oh and I forgot the main reason that made me an Andy fan...
2003 Australian Open QF match... after watching it, how COULDN'T you love Andy? The way he played that match just *sigh*. I wasn't a tennis fan before then (in fact I don't think I'd ever seen a whole match) but I watched that entire match on the edge of the couch screaming for Andy to win.
I'm yet to see him play with that heart and emotion again.
I never got to see that match due to crappy tv coverage. Is there a torrent of it or anything? I'd love to see it!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:32 AM   #30
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and you like kiwi because he's meat?

among other things...