Transport - I found the place OK, spot on directions - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-15-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
country flag Dan's Racket

Dan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transport - I found the place OK, spot on directions

Hello,
I am coming to this on Monday, I will be travelling by train. Upon planning my journey I was just wondering what the distance of the tennis centre is from the train centre. Is it easy to find???
I see there are buses that run from the city centre, how reliable are these?
Would it be easier for me to just hop in a taxi at the station?
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Dan's Racket : 06-20-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Dan's Racket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transport - finding the place

I think the buses were pretty good when I went (2004) but I had to walk a little way to the bus station, then took a while to figure out which I needed!

I think if you can find Nos.13, 33 and 34 from City Centre, then you are safe. Taxi may be a bit costly, up to you of course!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:06 AM   #3

Dan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond reputeDan's Racket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae wowww
I think the buses were pretty good when I went (2004) but I had to walk a little way to the bus station, then took a while to figure out which I needed!

I think if you can find Nos.13, 33 and 34 from City Centre, then you are safe. Taxi may be a bit costly, up to you of course!
Thanks.
I may get the bus then, it will probably work out cheaper.
Is it a fair distance from the station? Will it cost an arm and a leg to go by taxi?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
country flag jezzaUK

jezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond reputejezzaUK has a reputation beyond repute

it shouldn't cost more than £5 or £6 by taxi. If you stop at Beeston it should be less. Bus is about £1.30 i think.

For more British Tennis news...
http://www.britishtenniszone.net/
jezzaUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

You can take the taxi from Nottingham train station - fare will be around £8...taxi rank immediately outside to the right.

Alternatively, take a right out of the train station exit and follow the road down for about 3 minutes' walk until you get to Broadmarsh bus station. Take a Rainbow 5 bus (purple coloured with Derby as its destination) and ask to be dropped off at "Tennis centre" - it is actually a designated bus stop. The fare is £1.30. Buses run every 5 minutes.

If you want to take the bus back to Broadmarsh Bus station, take the Rainbow again, but on the other side of University Boulevard.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henman Ljubo
You can take the taxi from Nottingham train station - fare will be around £8...taxi rank immediately outside to the right.

Alternatively, take a right out of the train station exit and follow the road down for about 3 minutes' walk until you get to Broadmarsh bus station. Take a Rainbow 5 bus (purple coloured with Derby as its destination) and ask to be dropped off at "Tennis centre" - it is actually a designated bus stop. The fare is £1.30. Buses run every 5 minutes.

If you want to take the bus back to Broadmarsh Bus station, take the Rainbow again, but on the other side of University Boulevard.
I went yesterday (Monday). Thanks for your directions, they were spot on .
I had a great time yesterday. Anyone thinking of going should try and go, the set-up they have there is very good.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #7
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan's Racket
I went yesterday (Monday). Thanks for your directions, they were spot on .
I had a great time yesterday. Anyone thinking of going should try and go, the set-up they have there is very good.
Thanks man...glad you enjoyed it

Did you take the bus or taxi from the train station?
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henman Ljubo
Thanks man...glad you enjoyed it

Did you take the bus or taxi from the train station?
I got on that Rainbow 5 bus that you suggested. Very reliable, and alot cheaper than a taxi.