Little Timmy, a disgrace to pro sports - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-18-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Little Timmy, a disgrace to pro sports

Henman, cruises through the second set, is in control of the match then lets one bad line call, and a very close one where he was right only by a hair, ruin the whole match for him. Little Timmy, rather then being a man, excepting it as part of sport, calls out a tournament official, then acts like a big baby the rest of the match as he swats ball after ball out and in the net. He won the battle and lost the war. Cut off his nose to spite his face. And he is 31? Was like a 4 year old that didn`t get an ice cream cone so he is going to spoil his time and everyone else`s too... What a loser, way too common in tennis...

P.S. I`m sure he has fans here, but hey, sometimes you cannot be tactful and still tell the truth...
TFan1156 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2006, 03:47 AM   #2
country flag *Viva Chile*

*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Little Timmy, a disgrace to pro sports

What charming comment for being your first post
*Viva Chile* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:48 AM   #3
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the match, but what would you do? Just accept it even though you were absolutely certain it was in? Take it in your stride and let them get away with it? What kind of player do you support, might I ask?

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:57 AM   #4
country flag robinhood

robinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond repute

Henman has had a history of losing his head after a bad call or two, so I am not totally surprised, but still disappointed to see him letting himself go through that again.

But you cannot possibly call him "a disgrace to pro sports."
That's ridiculous.

THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WS CHAMPS 2010 & 2012

GIANTS SHARKS NINERS WARRIORS A'S RAIDERS
robinhood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:13 AM   #5
country flag Monteque

Monteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond repute

I saw entire match. I can tell you tahat everybody was in Henman's spot could be in fury. There's lot jerk calls at important moment that turns down critical point for Henaman. At least 4 bad calls in that match and all points given to Hewitt. I don't know what's wrong woth the ref.

And i can hear Henman said "bull shit" in one moment when he shown the scruple to ref. Poor Henman.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:18 AM   #6
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
I didn't see the match, but what would you do? Just accept it even though you were absolutely certain it was in? Take it in your stride and let them get away with it? What kind of player do you support, might I ask?
Questions worthy of answers. Absolutely, the ball barely clipped the edge of the line, balls are moving fast, mistakes happen, umpires decisions are final, move on and play tennis rather than pouting like a little baby and handing away the match. If not for yourself, then for the people who paid good money for tickets. You do not find little babies like this so much in the Olympics. If a skier wants to go on an orgy of pouting they may well break their neck. In basketball, you`d be pulled out of the game and not put back in until you wiped your nose and stopped the whimpering. The players I follow are Nadal and Monfils, but if I ever see them pull something like that my interest will be gone. And though some may be offended, I believe they really know what I have posted here is correct.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:23 AM   #7
country flag Monteque

Monteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond reputeMonteque has a reputation beyond repute

what a rude newb.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:24 AM   #8
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

To some degree, I can see your point, though I can definitely see it from Tim's point of view. I once saw a match between Gaudio and Schuettler, and Gaudio had been lucky with a line call. Schuettler took it to the umpire, and he overruled it. Gaudio was pissed, called for the tournament official and stopped playing for some time. Schuettler went on to kick his ass. Something like this can definitely turn a person off a player.

I am glad that Tim is so passionate about the line calls, but there does come a time when a player needs to shut up,play the game, and let the tennis do the talking. But, it's Tim. He needs every point he can get lately.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:27 AM   #9
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts
And i can hear Henman said "bull shit" in one moment when he shown the scruple to ref. Poor Henman.
That is the last thing Timmy needs is sympathy. Is probably what he has gotten all his life. He needs to be b*tch slapped, highly underrated phenomenon in the making of a man...
Old 06-18-2006, 04:36 AM   #10
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
To some degree, I can see your point, though I can definitely see it from Tim's point of view. I once saw a match between Gaudio and Schuettler, and Gaudio had been lucky with a line call. Schuettler took it to the umpire, and he overruled it. Gaudio was pissed, called for the tournament official and stopped playing for some time. Schuettler went on to kick his ass. Something like this can definitely turn a person off a player.

I am glad that Tim is so passionate about the line calls, but there does come a time when a player needs to shut up,play the game, and let the tennis do the talking. But, it's Tim. He needs every point he can get lately.
Lleyton is not playing his best tennis at the moment... After the bad call, which should have brought it to duce, it was then 2-2 third set, plenty of more opportunities for Tim to break, and he may have lost that game anyway. It was a match, Tim off the heels of a strong 2nd set, could have gone either way. But pouting was more important to Tim, is too bad his prize money could not be seized to refund tickets.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:40 AM   #11
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

ok.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:59 AM   #12
country flag elang

elang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond reputeelang has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that he is frustrated for the bad calls. But he should go on playing the rest of the match and trying to win other points, not fill his mind with all the bad calls.

A good player let the bad call cost him a point; A bad player let the bad call cost him a match.
elang is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:19 AM   #13
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this match needed another thread...

Boy, Henman, sucks to be the first player in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE ATP TOUR to let a bad line call get into your head (or a series of bad line calls, according to some reports) and cost you a match. Since that never happened before today, I'm sure it will never happen again. Good for us tennis fans that we won't have to tolerate that shit anymore.

Good to see the 'red army' at work again (or is that just one bad rep from a maxed out MTF-er?)

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:28 AM   #14
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Yeah, this match needed another thread...

Boy, Henman, sucks to be the first player in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE ATP TOUR to let a bad line call get into your head (or a series of bad line calls, according to some reports) and cost you a match. Since that never happened before today, I'm sure it will never happen again. Good for us tennis fans that we won't have to tolerate that shit anymore.

Good to see the 'red army' at work again (or is that just one bad rep from a maxed out MTF-er?)
Well I am surely expecting bad reps, I mean it takes a snot nose kid to support one and bad repping surely is their way...
Old 06-18-2006, 05:38 AM   #15
country flag WhataQT

WhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond repute

Henman riled by 'appalling' calling
By Clive White
(Filed: 18/06/2006)

Tim Henman has not had too many reasons over the years to dispute the outcome of his matches against Lleyton Hewitt. Until they met in Key Biscayne this year, the combative little Australian had "owned" the British No1, as eight wins out of eight would testify. But yesterday, in the semi-finals of the Stella Artois Championships, Henman had every right to feel aggrieved about the result, which was clearly the consequence of some quite dreadful line-calling.

Hawkeye revealed to BBC television viewers - the Queen's Club does not as yet use the system for the benefit of the umpire - showed that there were at least six bad calls, five of them against Henman. The critical call was at 2-1 to Henman in the deciding set, when having recovered two of three break points against him, a shot from the Briton was first called in by the linesman and then, when Hewitt protested, called out. After that Henman lost the next six games - and the match 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 - and, needless to say, his composure.

Game for a laugh: Tim Henman enjoys a lighter moment during his defeat to Lleyton Hewitt

Typically, though, he kept a stiff upper lip during the press conference, declining to say too much other than to describe the line-calling as "appalling". He was, however, rather more forthcoming to the supervisor Thomas Karlberg, whom he asked to speak to during the course of the match, which is not common practice, though Henman revealed he had done it twice in successive tournaments in Paris. BBC microphones overheard him telling Karlberg that Chris Bailey had indicated to him by sign language from the commentary box that the calls were bad. Henman was heard to ask Karlberg: "Are you saying they're lying to me?"

It was a rum deal, no mistake, but there was a positive side to the afternoon for Henman: his form going into his 13th Wimbledon. Could this be the lucky one? Henman had played well all week, but he had never hit quite the heights he did during the latter stages of the second set and the start of the third - and against a player of Hewitt's standing. And like so many matches it all seemed to turn on one small incident, when, at 3-2 to Henman in the second set, a defensive lob from him landed smack on the top of the net-cord and dropped like a stone on Hewitt's side. The Australian just managed to reach it but netted an intended drop shot.

It led to Henman securing his first break points of the match, which he duly converted. Thereafter for five games he played like an angel. Hewitt was a virtual bystander. Even when the No 8 seed hit a forehand winner down the line in answer to a smash, provoking his first "Come on" of the match it failed to disturb Henman's momentum.

''It's been a fantastic week," said Henman. "It gives me a great foundation to build from for next week's practice and obviously Wimbledon. I think it's fair to say that there's going to be a lot of people that, given the way I'm playing, given the environment at Wimbledon, with the support that I've always had, I'm sure they'll be looking to avoid me, and that's something that I've got to use to my advantage."

For once Henman was actually serve and volleying as though he believed in it. It's the only way he can play because when he stayed back in the first set he was no match for Hewitt. It took him just 25 minutes to drop his first set of the week, during which he managed to win just two points on the Hewitt serve.

It's a pity because the three-time runner-up here would probably have fancied his chances against James Blake, the surprise 7-5, 6-4 winner against the three-time defending champion Andy Roddick in the other semi. He had won their only meeting in Toronto four years ago.

Blake has clearly managed to carry over his good form on clay to grass. The big-hitter from Yonkers, New York, who has an English mother, gave Roddick a taste of his own medicine with returns to match the Texan's serves, which were twice recorded at 147mph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...8/sthenm18.xml
WhataQT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote