The changes to ATPtennis.com - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #1
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down The changes to ATPtennis.com

is anyone else annoyed or more pleased by alot of the changes to ATPtennis.com ?

here is what i like and dont like about it..
what do most other fanatical followers of stats and the ATP site think?

dont like:
*the player bio's pic... horrible especially Fed and Nadal's, i loved when it was pics of them during a match
*the head to head stats are all messed up as well now... now they count a Walkover as a win! i.e Fed now leads pavel 8-1 instead of 7-1 as they included fed's w/o over him at the 2004, they have also separated the matches/HTH scores if they were atp level or challenger level
*included TB scores in the head too head scores.

like:
*player blog
*'YTD match facts'
*taken the results history all the way back to 1973 (so you can now see every match and score of Jimmy connors' 1974 season or any other legendary player from that era results you'd like to see) previously this only went as far back as 1984
*can now check a players career results for any tournament you choose.
*and finally a 'ranking history' stat as well.

more things i like than dont, but the changes i dont like annoy me more.. especially the W/O counts as a win stat
and as stated above.. bad bio pictures!
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2006, 01:36 AM   #2
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The changes to ATPtennis.com

I like the changes, They even made everything bigger [Icons] and looks very tidy for me
Old 06-15-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude
*included TB scores in the head too head scores.
Why in the hell would that annoy someone?

Quote:
*taken the results history all the way back to 1973 (so you can now see every match and score of Jimmy connors' 1974 season or any other legendary player from that era results you'd like to see) previously this only went as far back as 1984
Actually you could always see the activity back until 1968, only problem was you had to replace the year in the URL.

Quote:
*can now check a players career results for any tournament you choose.
Where? Didn't see that. edit: Now I see.

Last edited by shotgun : 06-15-2006 at 02:00 AM.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
country flag gsm

gsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond reputegsm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude
more things i like than dont
same here, YTD match facts and tourny history rock!!!
gsm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:48 AM   #5
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

I think it should count as a win if a player advances in a draw because of a walkover. Staying healthy is part of the sport--if you're not fit enough to play a match, you lose. The fans who really care about H2H stats won't be fooled.
Bibberz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:49 AM   #6
country flag Volley Art

Volley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond reputeVolley Art has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure walkovers are considered a win for the opponent and a loss for the guy who withdrew. And they should be.

I'm positive on the ATP web site changes. Especially when you consider the WTA's awful site, it's really good.
Volley Art is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #7
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite funny that they only consider walkovers as losses/wins in H2Hs. They don't count them in the player's win/loss records.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
country flag David Kenzie

David Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kenzie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volley Art
I'm pretty sure walkovers are considered a win for the opponent and a loss for the guy who withdrew. And they should be.

I'm positive on the ATP web site changes. Especially when you consider the WTA's awful site, it's really good.
A win by walkover does not count as a win because the match was not played. A win by retirement does count though, even if only one point was played.

Therefore it is a mistake to count Federer's h2h against Pavel 8-1.
David Kenzie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
Nacho

Nacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond repute

I wish they included the player's results at the 4 slams in the first page of the players' bios, like they do in the wta site

well, at least we have tenniscorner for that
Nacho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:17 PM   #10
country flag hanabishi

hanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond reputehanabishi has a reputation beyond repute

I REALLY LIKE THE NEW SITE!!!

Especially the YTD match facts and points breakdown (now what will steve g do?)
hanabishi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
country flag khyber

khyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond repute

I like the changes they've made to the live/update scoreboard. Easy to read and navigate.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Now they included the rankings back until 1973, when it started. Until now, I think the only page that had the old rankings was Steve G's, and still, for some of the years they only had the year-end top 100.

And now you get 100 players per page instead of 50.

Very nice.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #13
country flag shotgun

Btw, a change from last year I haven't gotten over yet. When you go the player's activity, the results are chronologically listed from the bottom to the top. It used to be so much better to visualize when it was the opposite.