~* Chat World *~ - Page 50 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #736
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ~* Chat World *~

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Well that is a lovely thing to say, but I am a few years older than you, and when I work with a lot of young people (in their teens and early 20's) I can feel very old sometimes

As for achievement - well in my view - success should not just be measured by money, nice houses or career stuff. More it should be measured in the number of friends you have, and the respect and love that people have for you, so - in those things - you are most successful
It's simply the truth honey!!! That's how I feel about you Rosie!!! Beside age doesn't mean that much anyway!!!

My best friends are in the range of the 20's - 30's!!! If it wasn't for a family friend who's in her 60's, which I really love, I certainly wouldn't have been in Barcelona last November!!! She was the one who managed to convince my mum, my dad almost killed me, I could take care of myself there all alone!!!

I totally agree with you on that point of view, but my parents don't think that way!!! And somehow I would like at least to repay them back for all the expenses they do with me every day!!!

I don't have too many friends, at least not as many as other people I know, but the ones that are by my side are for me the most important and beautiful human beings I could have met!!!
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #737
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~* Chat World *~

I really love the fact that we finally got a chat thread since Rosie started posting here
I think we should keep it alieve, because I love chat threads with many people posting in it, like especially in Ferrer land

I also think that age doesn´t matter at all I have very close friends from around 20 until around 50, the only think that counts is the character. Especially through tennis I got to know many people in different ages and the age isn´t important at all!
I have some very good friends I know from school, but thanks to mtf I also consider many "tennis" friends as very good friends now (you know, who you are )!

For me it is not important what people have achieved at which age, but the character is important and that you are happy with the life you live.
And I try not to care what other people thing is correct, which is, of course, not always easy.

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #738
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Birte I really appreciate your words. I do like to chat - having met me, I think you know that Some people might say that I never shut up And thanks for your lovely words too Fati

I wish I could be here more to chat, but it isn't always possible from work And when I get home I have the house, the garden, and the cats as well as my writing (which I am doing a lot of freelance stuff in my spare time now), so I don't always have so much time. I do try though.

I like the atmosphere here in Tommy's Forum very much,. Some player forums attract a lot of bitching and back-biting, but everyone here is very friendly and everyone looks out for each other, which is great. I feel it is a bit like a close and happy family

OK - off to cook dinner - later

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 AM   #739
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has gotten really sad. You're all great, talented, accomplished people, and everyone is better off having known you all. Don't put yourselves down so much!

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #740
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige View Post
I really love the fact that we finally got a chat thread since Rosie started posting here
I think we should keep it alieve, because I love chat threads with many people posting in it, like especially in Ferrer land

I also think that age doesn´t matter at all I have very close friends from around 20 until around 50, the only think that counts is the character. Especially through tennis I got to know many people in different ages and the age isn´t important at all!
I have some very good friends I know from school, but thanks to mtf I also consider many "tennis" friends as very good friends now (you know, who you are )!

For me it is not important what people have achieved at which age, but the character is important and that you are happy with the life you live.
And I try not to care what other people thing is correct, which is, of course, not always easy.
I totally agree with you Birte!!! Mostly I love to talk about everything and anything!!! When I start talking (or in this case writing) I can go on for hours!!!

Definitely we must keep up here, even if it is just to say how things are going or how our day was!!! In the middle of that kind of small talk sometimes a very deep and profound conversation can start!!!

I couldn't agree more with you!!! For me what matters is what a person achieves as a human being, regardless their age!!! I guess that's why my friends are very simple persons, yet intelligent and with huge hearts!!!

Through tennis I meet (even if not personally, at least not yet) many great friends (you girls are included) who seem to care more about me then some of my "supposed" friends (who at least think they are anyway) that are closer to me!!!

I'm really interested in people's behaviour, how they think and feel!!! It simply fascinates me to learn more about those who surround me!!! No wonder I'm not that easily impressed by money or status!!! For me someone's personality and the way they can touch, inspire and help others is what I really admire!!!

This just reminds me why I like so much of Tommy On & Off Court!!! He's just a simple and humble guy!!! Sure many might follow players who always (or most of times) win and are on Top right now!!! But I prefer those players who despite not being on their best, facing though draws, having endless first round losses, never give up trying!!!

For me those players are the True Winners, because they show more courage to me then the ones who actually win!!! Starting all over, again and again, it's a difficult task and one of the best qualities that a person can possess!!! It sets and example and inspires others to do the same!!!

Thanks Tommy for being an example and an inspirations to us all!!! Keep working and believing!!! We sure believe in you!!!

I used to care too much about what people thought and said about me, but now I detached myself of it!!! Sometimes people really hurt us by what and how they say certain things, even if we know they're not totally correct, but that's normal because we're human beings with feelings!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #741
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Thanks Birte I really appreciate your words. I do like to chat - having met me, I think you know that Some people might say that I never shut up And thanks for your lovely words too Fati

I wish I could be here more to chat, but it isn't always possible from work And when I get home I have the house, the garden, and the cats as well as my writing (which I am doing a lot of freelance stuff in my spare time now), so I don't always have so much time. I do try though.

I like the atmosphere here in Tommy's Forum very much,. Some player forums attract a lot of bitching and back-biting, but everyone here is very friendly and everyone looks out for each other, which is great. I feel it is a bit like a close and happy family

OK - off to cook dinner - later
Anytime honey!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves to chat!!!

I can only imagine how busy you must be with all those things!!! Hopefully every now and then you can be around here with us!!!

Now you got me curious, what kind of writing do you do?

I'm passionate about writing and reading!!! I simply devour a book in a few hours if it's a well written and interesting one!!!

Totally agree with you honey!!! The atmosphere, the people, the kind of talks we have here and especially the fact that we all take care of each other is what makes me very happy for being welcomed to this wonderful family!!! Thanks girls for all your support, friendship and love!!!

Hope you had a great dinner and were able to rest, relax and have some fun last night!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #742
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanqui Lover View Post
This thread has gotten really sad. You're all great, talented, accomplished people, and everyone is better off having known you all. Don't put yourselves down so much!
Awww honey!!! I'm really sorry if I was the cause of it!!!

Thanks to my dear friend Alex and all you girls I no longer feel down!!! I guess that like everyone else I have good and and not so good days!!!

Anyway, I think that here the diversity of opinions and personalities is what makes this Forum so wonderful!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #743
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness View Post
Anytime honey!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves to chat!!!

I can only imagine how busy you must be with all those things!!! Hopefully every now and then you can be around here with us!!!

Now you got me curious, what kind of writing do you do?

I'm passionate about writing and reading!!! I simply devour a book in a few hours if it's a well written and interesting one!!!

Totally agree with you honey!!! The atmosphere, the people, the kind of talks we have here and especially the fact that we all take care of each other is what makes me very happy for being welcomed to this wonderful family!!! Thanks girls for all your support, friendship and love!!!

Hope you had a great dinner and were able to rest, relax and have some fun last night!!!

Hi Fati Well I trained as a journalist and used to work on a newspaper in London as a news reporter. I gave it up for years for lots of different reasons, but have recently started writing again in the last year, doing freelance writing. I write mainly travel stuff, and am proud to say I have had a few things published in the UK and the States. For some reason the American magazines seem to like my articles on European travel from a European, and not an American, angle I also do some occasional features on travel and womens' issues for some local newspapers here, and write on some Internet websites.

At the moment I am happy doing what I am doing! People are surprised, but I really don't want to make writing my full-time career anymore.......... for me, the pleasure in writing goes as soon as someone "TELLS" me what to write and gives me deadlines I am just happy to make a little extra money from it

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 03-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #744
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Hi Fati Well I trained as a journalist and used to work on a newspaper in London as a news reporter. I gave it up for years for lots of different reasons, but have recently started writing again in the last year, doing freelance writing. I write mainly travel stuff, and am proud to say I have had a few things published in the UK and the States. For some reason the American magazines seem to like my articles on European travel from a European, and not an American, angle I also do some occasional features on travel and womens' issues for some local newspapers here, and write on some Internet websites.

At the moment I am happy doing what I am doing! People are surprised, but I really don't want to make writing my full-time career anymore.......... for me, the pleasure in writing goes as soon as someone "TELLS" me what to write and gives me deadlines I am just happy to make a little extra money from it
Hi Rosie

I'm glad that you still write even if it is just to make extra money and mostly for your own pleasure!!!

I can understand that deadlines take all the fun and cut out inspiration for you honey!!! I definitely would feel exactly the same way about it if I had to make a living of it!!!

Now you got me interested on what you do with your writing!!! Is there any way I can read some of your articles?

I must say I love to travel, but because of financial reasons so far I only went to Barcelona last year!!! And it was one bumpy ride to get there, but once away from the world (or at least the world as I knew it ) I enjoyed it a lot!!!

As soon as I can I'll post some of my photos from the places I saw, which weren't that many actually, once again for economical reasons!!! But from what I saw I loved the city!!! And the surroundings there are just perfect to Live!!! I only hope I can have a chance soon enough to get back there!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #745
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

Freelance writing is what I am doing as well at the moment, and I have to say I more and more dislike it. I know that I have the talent, but two of my bosses are an absolutely royal pain in the butt. One of them is annoying to no end (which is why I refer to him as Annoying Boss) and the other one doesn't know the meaning of the word "no". These two totally ruined the fun I could have had, and they are the reason why I want to quit and find something else. So I am looking for another job, and although I have studied 7 years at university, I am willing to do an apprenticeship somewhere, because most of the jobs I am interested in require an apprenticeship. Unfortunately, some folks at the Job Agency are against that, and they want to force me into something I don't want to do (last week, one of the coaches there said he wants me to move out like NOW -because I have private problems, a lot of sh*t going on with my dad- and apply as a cleaning woman somewhere. Yeah, right. That's not what I have my university degree for!), instead of being happy that I am willing to learn something else as well and wanting to deepen my knowledge I already have.

In April and May I will do two internships, one at a bookstore, the other at a travel agency, and I think that both are something I could really enjoy.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #746
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Kiwi I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment. In the UK if you freelance, then you don't have any Bosses at all You are effectively self-employed, - so I don't have any of those hassles. I try and find my own outlets for my work. I have a Boss in my real day-to-day job though - and that is more than enough

Fati - I am flattered that you want to read some of my stuff If you want to PM me your email addresss sometime, I will try and find one of my travel articles for you But - please - can I ask you not to pass it on to anyone else? I know that probably sounds stupid, but I am very "touchy" about my writing - I write under a pseudonym, and I prefer that the people who read my stuff don't know me personally at all - if that makes sesnse Loads of my friends and family always ask me to send them stuff, and I usually say "no" But as I know you are so passionate about reading/writing, I'll see what I can do

Old 03-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #747
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiChica View Post
Freelance writing is what I am doing as well at the moment, and I have to say I more and more dislike it. I know that I have the talent, but two of my bosses are an absolutely royal pain in the butt. One of them is annoying to no end (which is why I refer to him as Annoying Boss) and the other one doesn't know the meaning of the word "no". These two totally ruined the fun I could have had, and they are the reason why I want to quit and find something else. So I am looking for another job, and although I have studied 7 years at university, I am willing to do an apprenticeship somewhere, because most of the jobs I am interested in require an apprenticeship. Unfortunately, some folks at the Job Agency are against that, and they want to force me into something I don't want to do (last week, one of the coaches there said he wants me to move out like NOW -because I have private problems, a lot of sh*t going on with my dad- and apply as a cleaning woman somewhere. Yeah, right. That's not what I have my university degree for!), instead of being happy that I am willing to learn something else as well and wanting to deepen my knowledge I already have.

In April and May I will do two internships, one at a bookstore, the other at a travel agency, and I think that both are something I could really enjoy.
Hi Kiwi

You sure have the talent within you to do that and a whole lot more!!! From what you showed me I have no doubt that when you find the right place and the right boss and colleagues you'll take flight honey!!!

About your bosses like I already told you before it's a very though and sad thing!!! Instead of forcing you into something you're clearly not in favor of they should enjoy having you as one of their best reporters!!!

In the meantime before your internships be polite and professional about it but preserve yourself from others!!! People sometimes simply think they know everything and that they have the right to tell you what to do with your own life!!!

But whatever happens don't let others discourage you!!! Stick to your objectives and dreams no matter what sweetie!!! I'm sure they'll all come true!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #748
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Kiwi I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment. In the UK if you freelance, then you don't have any Bosses at all You are effectively self-employed, - so I don't have any of those hassles. I try and find my own outlets for my work. I have a Boss in my real day-to-day job though - and that is more than enough

Fati - I am flattered that you want to read some of my stuff If you want to PM me your email address sometime, I will try and find one of my travel articles for you But - please - can I ask you not to pass it on to anyone else? I know that probably sounds stupid, but I am very "touchy" about my writing - I write under a pseudonym, and I prefer that the people who read my stuff don't know me personally at all - if that makes sense Loads of my friends and family always ask me to send them stuff, and I usually say "no" But as I know you are so passionate about reading/writing, I'll see what I can do
Awwww I'm the one who's flattered that you can trust me enough to share your work!!!

You got my word I won't show or mention it!!! Neither will I say anything about your pseudonym honey!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #749
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness View Post
Awwww I'm the one who's flattered that you can trust me enough to share your work!!!

You got my word I won't show or mention it!!! Neither will I say anything about your pseudonym honey!!!
Thanks

Old 03-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #750
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Thanks
I'm the one who should thank you!!! By the way PM already sent!!!