~* Chat World *~ - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #706
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~* Chat World *~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige View Post
I absolutely agree with you here, JL I also so love going to tournaments, but the best thing for me is, apart from meeting the players of course, to meet all the other lovely tennis fans It is always so nice to meet people who really understand your passion for that sport
Amen to that. That is also why I love going to tournaments. It is a special experience, completely different from cheering for your favourite players in front of the tv. The atmosphere, the fans, meeting people ...

Madrid 2007 will be forever in my memory, because what happened there was the total bomb. Thanks to everyone whom I met there and who made it special.

I am looking forward to meeting more of you lovely people at tournaments.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #707
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you here, JL I also so love going to tournaments, but the best thing for me is, apart from meeting the players of course, to meet all the other lovely tennis fans It is always so nice to meet people who really understand your passion for that sport
Definitely! I've met some great people through tennis and tournaments

Seems like I might go to Madrid after all this year! Unfortunately the trip to the States is out of the question... so I'm going to try to go to Madrid instead... would like to be there during the last tournament!

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #708
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ~* Chat World *~

Quote:
My sentiments exactly Birte!!! As I said before I met one of my best friends at Estoril two years ago!!! Ever since we've been going out in a regular to chat, to the movies and have fun!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #709
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiChica View Post
Amen to that. That is also why I love going to tournaments. It is a special experience, completely different from cheering for your favourite players in front of the tv. The atmosphere, the fans, meeting people ...

Madrid 2007 will be forever in my memory, because what happened there was the total bomb. Thanks to everyone whom I met there and who made it special.

I am looking forward to meeting more of you lovely people at tournaments.
I'm sure we will all have many moments like those and still meet many friends throughout the world in that manner!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #710
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruwen View Post
Definitely! I've met some great people through tennis and tournaments

Seems like I might go to Madrid after all this year! Unfortunately the trip to the States is out of the question... so I'm going to try to go to Madrid instead... would like to be there during the last tournament!
Hopefully if things work out this year maybe Madrid will be an option for me too!!! But now I hope to go to Estoril and later we'll see how I can mange things!!!

Looking forward to meet you all somewhere in one of those tournaments!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #711
country flag Happiness

I just saw the entry list for Estoril and it sucks!!! Literally I won't pay to see Roger and Koyla that's for sure!!!

Anyway, at least now I can focus on my Uni and forget about tennis for the whole season!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #712
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness View Post
I just saw the entry list for Estoril and it sucks!!! Literally I won't pay to see Roger and Koyla that's for sure!!!

Anyway, at least now I can focus on my Uni and forget about tennis for the whole season!!!
I'm so sorry sweetie I must admit the Entry List does suck....... not like last year - no Tommy, no Dima, no del Potro or Calleri, who were all there last year I guess it is because of the stupid Davis Cup Tommy will be playing in that the week before Estoril, and will therefore want a week off before the big Clay Masters like Monte Carlo and Rome.

Must admit from a selfish point of view, I was quite relieved, because I had been getting a bit upset that I couldn't go, and now I see that list I'm kind of glad I haven't spent out any money on travel or accomodation

But for you - it really sucks And I'm sad for it. I have other local tourneys I can go to, like Wimbledon and Queens just for the day near to where I live, but you only have Estoril Perhaps you can go to Madrid in October instead?

Take care

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 03-04-2008 at 07:21 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #713
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
I'm so sorry sweetie I must admit the Entry List does suck....... not like last year - no Tommy, no Dima, no del Potro or Calleri, who were all there last year I guess it is because of the stupid Davis Cup Tommy will be playing in that the week before Estoril, and will therefore want a week off before the big Clay Masters like Monte Carlo and Rome.

Must admit from a selfish point of view, I was quite relieved, because I had been getting a bit upset that I couldn't go, and now I see that list I'm kind of glad I haven't spent out any money on travel or accomodation

But for you - it really sucks And I'm sad for it. I have other local tourneys I can go to, like Wimbledon and Queens just for the day near to where I live, but you only have Estoril Perhaps you can go to Madrid in October instead?

Take care
It's a terrible entry list, because no one I like, except Roger and Koyla, is here!!! One thing is for sure I won't spend my money to see them, no offense intended of course!!!

I was sort of expecting it already, because there's Davis Cup and all!!! But I never expected the field would be so poor indeed!!!

Anyway, I will miss all the fun I had in my last two years there!!! But I'll try to make up with the Nightwish concert at the Coliseu on that week!!!

As for other tennis tournaments I don't think I'll go to any!!! Last year I really worked hard on my vacations, facing terrible days at work, doing my best not to despair, saving my money so I could go to Madrid!!! Unfortunately my paycheck came too late and the money wasn't enough for Bercy!!! So I suffered a huge disappointment instead!!! And I don't think I wanna go through the same thing again!!!

As I said before I'll focus on my Uni and the things I have to do, wether I like it or not, that's all I got left!!! I guess that some things aren't really meant for me anyway!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #714
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a terrible entry list, because no one I like, except Roger and Koyla, is here!!! One thing is for sure I won't spend my money to see them, no offense intended of course!!!

I was sort of expecting it already, because there's Davis Cup and all!!! But I never expected the field would be so poor indeed!!!

Anyway, I will miss all the fun I had in my last two years there!!! But I'll try to make up with the Nightwish concert at the Coliseu on that week!!!

As for other tennis tournaments I don't think I'll go to any!!! Last year I really worked hard on my vacations, facing terrible days at work, doing my best not to despair, saving my money so I could go to Madrid!!! Unfortunately my paycheck came too late and the money wasn't enough for Bercy!!! So I suffered a huge disappointment instead!!! And I don't think I wanna go through the same thing again!!!

As I said before I'll focus on my Uni and the things I have to do, wether I like it or not, that's all I got left!!! I guess that some things aren't really meant for me anyway!!!

You sound so sad - I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better.

I do understand what you mean though. Sometimes "real" life, - Uni, work, saving money - has to get to take it's place ahead of tennis world. I know that I am lucky because I live in London, where we have a Grand Slam and another major tournament (Queens Club), and will have the Masters Final from next year, - so even when things are financially hard, I can still see at least a few days of live tennis every year with no real cost. I know that is very fortunate. This is my focus on other things year too - like I said - I am only planning to go away to two tournaments this year, which is far less than my usual amount of trips, but other things have to take priority this year.

I hope things work out for you, whatever you do - and that you feel better soon and have something nice to look forward to

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #715
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Fáti, I also just saw the Estoril entry list and I can´t believe it

I feel so sad for you and if there would be anything I could do, I would do it Honestly I never, never expected that Tommy would not play in Estoril, so I still can´t believe it... I am really not sure that Tommy will play Davis Cup, as both Rafa and David have said they would play, but of course this is not completely decided yet.

Fáti, like Rosie already said, I also feel so sorry, because Estoril is your home tournament and you maybe don´t have so many other chances to see Tommy
I really feel bad, cos I will have some other possibilities to see him this summer, but even you should not give up hope and I really hope that something will happen and you can go somewhere to see Tommy and the other Spanish guys this year

Fáti, try to think positive and I am really, really sure something positive will happen then

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #716
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
You sound so sad - I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better.

I do understand what you mean though. Sometimes "real" life, - Uni, work, saving money - has to get to take it's place ahead of tennis world. I know that I am lucky because I live in London, where we have a Grand Slam and another major tournament (Queens Club), and will have the Masters Final from next year, - so even when things are financially hard, I can still see at least a few days of live tennis every year with no real cost. I know that is very fortunate. This is my focus on other things year too - like I said - I am only planning to go away to two tournaments this year, which is far less than my usual amount of trips, but other things have to take priority this year.

I hope things work out for you, whatever you do - and that you feel better soon and have something nice to look forward to
Thanks honey, but there's nothing you can do or say!!!

I'm really glad that you have the chance to see some live tennis all year long, even if this year isn't gonna be the same!!!

I'm sort of disappointed because there's no Estoril Open for me this year and I really love the tournament!!! Maybe I was getting used to see good live tennis and enjoying a week off the world!!!

Anyway, there's not much I can do about it!!! Things are the way they are and nothing's gonna change that!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #717
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Fáti, I also just saw the Estoril entry list and I can´t believe it

I feel so sad for you and if there would be anything I could do, I would do it Honestly I never, never expected that Tommy would not play in Estoril, so I still can´t believe it... I am really not sure that Tommy will play Davis Cup, as both Rafa and David have said they would play, but of course this is not completely decided yet.

Fáti, like Rosie already said, I also feel so sorry, because Estoril is your home tournament and you maybe don´t have so many other chances to see Tommy
I really feel bad, cos I will have some other possibilities to see him this summer, but even you should not give up hope and I really hope that something will happen and you can go somewhere to see Tommy and the other Spanish guys this year

Fáti, try to think positive and I am really, really sure something positive will happen then
Well João Lagos better keep that Entry List in the secret of the Gods, cause if people know about it, he won't sell as many tickets as he wants!!! I mean, he will sell many because of Federer, but this year I won't contribute to help, that's for sure!!!

Tommy has to think about Davis Cup, Monte Carlo, Rome and Roland Garros!!! It's pretty obvious he needs time to rest and skipping Estoril will help him do that!!!

I'm really glad that you can see some great tennis live around Europe honey!!!

As for me going abroad to a tournament it's basically impossible the way things are now!!! It would take too much of me, in so many ways, more then you could imagine, that I don't really think it's worth it at all!!!

I'll focus my time and energies in the things that really matter, at least the ones I have to face no matter what, like my Uni!!! Maybe I'll use my time off to finally start writing regularly on my blog!!! And once and for all put all my experiences and feelings on paper writing a book, even if it's just for me!!!

Last edited by Happiness : 03-05-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Happiness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #718
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so so sorry Fati. This is when I feel bad, because I've got a grandslam on my doorstep I get all the players every year. Tommy isn't even my fave player and I can count on seeing him year in, year out, yet one of Tommy's biggest fans doesn't get a chance. It's just not fair. (Hopefully next year Tommy doesn't go to the AO but comes to Estoril instead for you)

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #719
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanqui Lover View Post
I'm so so sorry Fati. This is when I feel bad, because I've got a grandslam on my doorstep I get all the players every year. Tommy isn't even my fave player and I can count on seeing him year in, year out, yet one of Tommy's biggest fans doesn't get a chance. It's just not fair. (Hopefully next year Tommy doesn't go to the AO but comes to Estoril instead for you)
Mary, honey don't feel like that at all!!! Enjoy and have fun watching the Open, after all it's only once in a year!!!

Tommy will be there next year again and you'll have your photo with him for sure!!! And I don't expect him or anyone to come here next year or ever!!!

As for being one of his biggest fans I don't think that's even close!!! That tittle should go for Birte, Amelle, Rosie, Gaby, Chrissie and all the girls here who already knew and followed him through the tournaments!!!

Last edited by Happiness : 03-05-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Happiness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #720
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mary, honey don't feel like that at all!!! Enjoy and have fun watching the Open, after all it's only once in a year!!!

Tommy will be there next year again and you'll have your photo with him for sure!!! And I don't expect him or anyone to come here next year or ever!!!

As for being one of his biggest fans I don't think that's even close!!! That tittle should go for Birte, Amelle, Rosie, Gaby, Chrissie and all the girls here who already knew and followed him through the tournaments!!!
Don't say that! He will come back. Have faith!

And yeah, thats why I said 'one of.' There are many very loyal fans on this forum, and I couldn't possibly say that one of you is a bigger supporter than any of the others. Tommy's so lucky to have such a great group of fans as you girls

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote