Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andres Gomez on Federer vs Nalbandian

1K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  fenomeno2111 
#1 ·
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pa...&fecha=20060607
Quick translation:

Andrés Gomez RG Champion in 1990

Everyone's talking about the Federer-Nadal match and that took the pressure off Nalbandian,who went into the SF without making any noise. Everyone will want the Swiss to win, but I think they will find a surprise. Though for the people who follow tennis day by day it wouldn't be a surprise if Nalbandian beats Federer, we're talking about a player who's fighting to be N°1. Beyond Roger or Nadal are a bit higher, David is not far away.

Nalbandian has it all. It would be much better if he improves the first service, if he turns it into a weapon to get free points or to get out of complicated situations. Although it's true that from the baseline he can achieve what he can't with the service. An example of that is Ljubicic: one think that he shouldn't be N°4, but supports his game in the service and when he's effective he's very tough.

I heard that he's the best player without Grand Slam and I think it's a bit unfair. If we look at the champions of the big tournaments over the last few years, they're a few, with a Federer predominance, and from time to time another one. The Grand Slams are not for anyone at this moment. I don't think that's a pressure for him.

See less See more
#8 ·
I don't give a s*** what Gomez've said.

The fact that Nalby's game just rolling on as enough as make some trouble to Fed not until give Fed a manacle like Nadal did.

So i think Fedr will go through to final

#11 ·
David has been playing really well this year in RG!!! The match against Davydenko was great quality! I hope David focuses and will win against Fed!!! Vamos David! :woohoo:

#13 ·
jazz_girl said:
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pa...&fecha=20060607
Quick translation:

Andrés Gomez RG Champion in 1990

Everyone's talking about the Federer-Nadal match and that took the pressure off Nalbandian,who went into the SF without making any noise. Everyone will want the Swiss to win, but I think they will find a surprise. Though for the people who follow tennis day by day it wouldn't be a surprise if Nalbandian beats Federer, we're talking about a player who's fighting to be N°1. Beyond Roger or Nadal are a bit higher, David is not far away.

Nalbandian has it all. It would be much better if he improves the first service, if he turns it into a weapon to get free points or to get out of complicated situations. Although it's true that from the baseline he can achieve what he can't with the service. An example of that is Ljubicic: one think that he shouldn't be N°4, but supports his game in the service and when he's effective he's very tough.

I heard that he's the best player without Grand Slam and I think it's a bit unfair. If we look at the champions of the big tournaments over the last few years, they're a few, with a Federer predominance, and from time to time another one. The Grand Slams are not for anyone at this moment. I don't think that's a pressure for him.

i think the same, go David!! :yeah:

blow Federer off!!

#18 ·
JMPower said:
Btw who gives a damn to what 'the weakest RG champion ever' says ? :confused: :zzz:
He had a fluid clay court game and definitely understood the surface.

He has as many RG titles as Nadal, Agassi, Ferrero, or Chang, and more than Sampras, McEnroe, Becker, Edberg... Not too shabby. ;)

It was a great effort from him (even if he did beat my favorite in the final :lol: )

#20 ·
Interesting read, I think Roger will step it up big time on Friday.

Anyway, whoever wins please go on and win the title. Roger you have history in the making and Nalby its time to join the big boys club. You are long overdue :D

#21 ·
if anyone cant test federer b4 he faces (if) nadal its nalbandian
probably the most dangerous player for federer
daivd has beaten him b4 & knows how to play him
getting a good start & a good attitude will help him a lot
he cannt get to irritated & should stay with federer & change the pace & rythm of the match
sure to be a cracker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.