Gaston's Tennis. The highs, the lows, the on court rantings etc, etc - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2006, 09:38 AM   #16
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to take a break after the US Open discussion thread

Gaston hasn't entered any events after the US Open for the moment and he is very unlikely to play Davis Cup, so this indicates that he is looking to take some time off and I hope he does and that it works out for me.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #17
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Gaston hasn't entered any events and is only on the list on Madrid and Paris cause of his ranking.

But he won't be playing anything before Madrid and good for him.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #18
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Gaston hasn't entered any events and is only on the list on Madrid and Paris cause of his ranking.

But he won't be playing anything before Madrid and good for him.
Rest and get his head together.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:10 PM   #19
country flag Denisse

Denisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond repute

yep. he said his objective now is to be fit for next year, and then see if he feels like playing some tournaments.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #20
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as we have a chance to see Gaston play Madrid and/or Paris!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #21
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Gaston is off skiing at the moment.

He has put his name down to play Lyon, though to be honest I am not sure whether he is going to turn up or not. Maybe cause the Davis Cup final will be played indoors in Russia most likely, if anything goes wrong with the 4 squad players, then he could be considered.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #22
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Default Re: Getting back on track in 2007 discussion thread (Yes, talking about Gaston's tennis)

Gaston won't be seeded for the Aus Open and that could be a good or bad thing. I mean he is ranked 34th now and he will have his points come off from Shanghai soon.

The facts are with ranking, if he plays well enough over time then it will improve, so it's just commonsense and he has to feel happy on court and that is what is most important. The ranking will look after itself.

He decided to turn up to Madrid and Lyon and in hindsight he shouldn't have bothered and was more of an attempt to try and get selected for the DC final squad, but that was never likely.

Just hope he can find some happiness on court and has a huge physical training base and is ready to come back and improve in 2007.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #23
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting back on track in 2007 discussion thread (Yes, talking about Gaston's tennis)

Hi all! Long time...

Gastón has already lost his Shanghai points, that´s why he´s down to 34.

I hope he might consider playing in one of the first week´s tournaments of 2007 to try to win say 50 points and ensure he won´t get someone like Federer in the first round of the AO!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #24
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

He will more than likely play an event before the AO, it makes sense to do so and Chennai would be the easiest one in terms of overall depth.

The facts are that he is 34th and anyone between 24-32 is going to get someone in the top 8. I just hope if Gaston somehow is seeded that Boredo is the guy that he meets.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-22-2006, 07:18 AM   #25
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Gaston hasn't entered any events for the 1st week of the year.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-22-2006, 08:38 AM   #26
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Gaston hasn't entered any events for the 1st week of the year.
maybe he needs rest..i hope next year will be better for him..and hope he could convice hinself of that
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:35 AM   #27
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Gaston the best of luck next year...
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:45 AM   #28
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Losing to Berlocq 2 and 2 isn't going to do his confidence any good. He did the right thing and pulled out of Viña.

One thing I noticed is that Pantera doesn't seem to be with him anymore and Gaston isn't as fit as he needs to be.

He just has to make sure that he can get in directly for the clay TMC events.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-06-2007, 06:28 AM   #29
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that clay can bring him back to the game and joy of playing.....
Old 02-13-2007, 04:56 AM   #30
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

This is one of the toughest times of Gaston's career at the moment and it could get worse as now he has to play at home next week in Buenos Aires.

Yes, it's a RR event and that means he will get 2 matches at least, though this could be problematic. We could see the full circle here. They booed and jeered him after Malaga, celebrated him like a hero when he won RG and now he is playing back in Buenos Aires, if things aren't going well, then they are going to turn on him.

Gaston might need to do some meditation and definitely more work with the pyschologist to suppress the negativity. It's easy to follow a guy when he is successful, but it's times like this that players need their fans more.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1