The "when I said 'healthy' I meant mental health too" Queens thread - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2006, 05:57 AM   #811
country flag warmy

warmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond reputewarmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "when I said 'healthy' I meant mental health too" Queens thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
If anyone still feels the need to commisserate and vent, feel free to visit my blog and read the latest rant I posted. *points to signature*
Why did you have to attach the video Tangy!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! Why?

Now I'm crying and depressed and people are looking at me funny.

You are cruel.
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2006, 06:15 AM   #812
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is Andy has no emotion when he tanks matches.
Just a blank stare on his face.
He's so happy when the media talks to him and when serious questions are asked, he
can't handle it.
He needs to communicate with anyone - athletes and new friends.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #813
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute

Tangy

I feel bad...i don't even expect him to make the QF of Wimbledon and what's really sad about that is he doesn't even think there's something up...he and his brother don't recognise a problem being there that everyone else can blatantly see.

I know in my last post i said it was maybe just a diversion from Andy and John so as they don't berate him anymore but reading that post match transcript...he seems completely oblivious, he didn't play really really bad on saturday...but he didn't have any heart at all he didn't run for shots he could have made, he rolled about like a 5 year old child taking a tantrum when he missed points, he just missed balls he should have hit...i just don't know anymore. What i do know is that if Andy gets past the first round of Wimbledon i'll be extremely happy, anything after that would just be a bonus
Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #814
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #815
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Man, Andy would have beat Lleyton in the final. That wasn't fair, James is practicing with Andy too much and he could read his serve like no ones business...Andy played well, and I think he should be confident going into Wimbly.

I am sorta happy for Hewitt, I like him and it's good to see him win a title. If you thought Andy was having a title drought, Hewitt hadn't won one in 18 months. I see Lleyton as a similar situation to what Andy is in. Ya know, he had to find his confidence again after bad losses to Fed, and he's been getting stupid injuries. So Andy should look at that, as well as the rest of us, and keep hope that good results will happen if you just keep at it.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:08 PM   #816
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree about the playing good part.
He stood there powerless and
with no effort to move his legs in the Gonzalez
and qualifer Dancevic matches.
He was pushed all over. Opponents served out 5 straight points without needing
to work.
He can't even put any power in easy forehands. Obviously, the backhand
and serve disappeared.
That's why he pretended to
be superfriendly with Blake. And childishlessly dove at the net,
knowing he had no chance to win, with his severe lack of flexibility.
There were bad bounces and he gave up running for dropshots quickly.
Why did he think he could get away with NO MOBILITY
and weight GAIN?????
The qualifier broke his serve easily because
he DIDN't CHANGE HIS SERVE, SHOTMAKING SPEED + FITNESS REGIME.
He can't hide the poor fitness and "mental drain" after
he hugged opponents.
They're not playing unprofessional Exhibitions!!!!!

Last edited by heya : 06-19-2006 at 04:16 PM.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #817
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
Man, Andy would have beat Lleyton in the final. That wasn't fair, James is practicing with Andy too much and he could read his serve like no ones business...Andy played well, and I think he should be confident going into Wimbly.
If they are practicing together Andy should know what James does on court too. Anyd's just stupid, he should pay more attention to how his friends are getting better.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #818
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
If they are practicing together Andy should know what James does on court too. Anyd's just stupid, he should pay more attention to how his friends are getting better.
well he knew all about it b/c he said so during the match, but he didn't do anything about it once they got on court.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #819
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Andy lied, he didn't pay attention to James up to the day he was beaten. I'm sure he will tape his matches from now on. Silly Andy.

It hurts seen Lleyton holding Andy's throphy. That thing is too big for Lleyton
Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #820
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Andy lied, he didn't pay attention to James up to the day he was beaten. I'm sure he will tape his matches from now on. Silly Andy.

It hurts seen Lleyton holding Andy's throphy. That thing is too big for Lleyton
That thing is just too big, period.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #821
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is a difference between knowing about it and executing it. Ask Federer about his matches against Nadal.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #822
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe
There is a difference between knowing about it and executing it. Ask Federer about his matches against Nadal.
but at least federer doesn't seem to go out there with a defeatist attitude and start getting negative only a few minutes into t he match. Plus it's not quite the same considering Andy has OWNED James for their entire professional careers. It'd be, IMO, a lot more understandable if Roger was out there completely lost against rafa and didn't quite know what to do and got frustrated easily. But imagine if Roger went out there against someone he owned and looked like that. That's how it was with Andy and that's why I don't get why his attitude and gameplan were so poor the other day. It's not that he had a gameplan and for whatever reason was having trouble executing it, he looked like he had NO gameplan and no clue what to do out there.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 06-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #823
country flag blosson
La La Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe
Sure. However, Roger doesn't stand clueless when playing Nadal. He executes his plan regardless of him losing or not. It's very clear Roger is the most skillfull even when he loses. In contrast, it's clear Andy didn't know what to do against a player he spends quite a lot of time practicing with.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #824
country flag blosson
La La Land

Debs, I didn't see your post but yeah I agree with you, basically.
The day Roger is standing clueless of why Andy is beating him, then we can say it's the same thing. It will neve happen...
Old 06-19-2006, 09:24 PM   #825
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Debs, I didn't see your post but yeah I agree with you, basically.
great minds!
Quote:
The day Roger is standing clueless of why Andy is beating him, then we can say it's the same thing. It will neve happen...
EXACTLY. I almost used this same analogy myself