The "when I said 'healthy' I meant mental health too" Queens thread - Page 50 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #736
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "It will be a HEALTHY grass season" thread. (Queens)

I don't want him to take a defeatist attitude, but I want him to be realistic about his situation. It doesn't sound too different from what he normally says though. Who knows what he thinks to himself .
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #737
country flag WuMiE

WuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond reputeWuMiE has a reputation beyond repute

Just let me laugh That must be a joke.

GOOD LUCK TO :

ANDY RODDICK || JAMES BLAKE || MARDY FISH || ANDRE AGASSI || BOB & MIKE BRYANS

MARAT SAFIN || TOMMY HAAS || TIM HENMAN || RICHARD GASQUET || NICOLAS ALMAGRO || MARCOS BAGHDATIS || GUILLERMO CORA || JUAN CARLOS FERRERO || CARLOS MOYA || FRANK DANCEVIC || SCOVILLE JENKINS
WuMiE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #738
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox
I don't want him to take a defeatist attitude, but I want him to be realistic about his situation. It doesn't sound too different from what he normally says though. Who knows what he thinks to himself .
well his body game from about game 3 of the match was pretty defeatist. Maybe if he'd had a better attitude and stuff, yeah. I mean Srichaphan is also a good win on grass, but seriously. I just don't know what's going through his head. I don't see how he could be ok with how he played today. I mean, if James hits a million return winners, okay. What can you do? too good and he did that sometimes, so too good. But when you are dumping overheads into the net on huge points, when you are not even running after shots and letting things go by you down BP, when the same thing happens time and time again and you keep doing the same thing to let it happen, there is a problem.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:37 PM   #739
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I can't comment because I didn't see the match yet - have to watch it on replay.

But want to say how sad I am at the result. I like James...but I like Andy better. And after how well he played against Fernando, I thought Andy was back to form....at least on grass.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:37 PM   #740
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ˇ|:!
well his body game from about game 3 of the match was pretty defeatist. Maybe if he'd had a better attitude and stuff, yeah. I mean Srichaphan is also a good win on grass, but seriously. I just don't know what's going through his head. I don't see how he could be ok with how he played today. I mean, if James hits a million return winners, okay. What can you do? too good and he did that sometimes, so too good. But when you are dumping overheads into the net on huge points, when you are not even running after shots and letting things go by you down BP, when the same thing happens time and time again and you keep doing the same thing to let it happen, there is a problem.
Actually what I meant was about his interview, but what you say is true too. I mean to go from doing very well against a player like Gonzalez, to having a horrible day with James is odd. But like I said before who knows what he's really thinking to himself. .
Old 06-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #741
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox
Actually what I meant was about his interview, but what you say is true too. I mean to go from doing very well against a player like Gonzalez, to having a horrible day with James is odd. But like I said before who knows what he's really thinking to himself. .
oh I know what you meant, sorry I'm just rambling. it just makes no sense to me, he's ok with his form but has that kind of attitude during the match with his hands on his hips - from very early on.

I mean, that point where James hit this not-that-great dropvolley that Andy EASILY could've gotten to and he just stood there and James looked at him seriously like "wtf dude" that says it all. then that BP where he just watched the return bounce right at him and didn't do anything, I don't get it. That's not James playing too well, so like you said I just don't know what he is thinking. But if he's saying this stuff in the press conference one has to assume he believes it at least on some level. And I thought he was doing better about admitting he had issues that he was working through but no. guess not.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #742
country flag Jade Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ˇ|:!
oh I know what you meant, sorry I'm just rambling. it just makes no sense to me, he's ok with his form but has that kind of attitude during the match with his hands on his hips - from very early on.

I mean, that point where James hit this not-that-great dropvolley that Andy EASILY could've gotten to and he just stood there and James looked at him seriously like "wtf dude" that says it all. then that BP where he just watched the return bounce right at him and didn't do anything, I don't get it. That's not James playing too well, so like you said I just don't know what he is thinking. But if he's saying this stuff in the press conference one has to assume he believes it at least on some level. And I thought he was doing better about admitting he had issues that he was working through but no. guess not.
That Indian Wells interview he did after losing badly is a classic. He should do those kind of interviews more. But this interview was pretty predictable for me. I'm not that shocked by any of it.

On a side note I think you ladies need some cheering up so I present to you, a website with cute furry animals on it!

http://cuteoverload.com/
Old 06-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #743
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

No words for the rather typical comments by Andy after the match.

Anyway, my pics from Andy's Thursday match are finally up. Check http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...20June%202006/
password is 'tennis'.

I don't know that anyone is in the mood to look at him right now, but there are other players there as well.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #744
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe his ancient family values
and the way he lived his life interfered with his attitude.
No awareness of changes.
No serious desire to watch videos of himself and opponents.

He was so satisfied with folks kissing his ass.
Even the brother said, "no major change's needed."
You BETTER CHANGE YOUR TECHNIQUE and get your body faster now...

PHYSICALLY STRONG and fiery players give themselves break chances....
Andy, YOU DON'T DO A THING.
It's too embarrassing that you feel nothing but dull acceptance and willingness to be a CLOWN pansy.
Your opponents know this.

Andy's so confused, depressed and frozen by the idea of
finding a NEW RELATIONSHIP and CHANGING his ways.
It took him a long time to recognize that he carried his brother's bag!
I don't think he'll leave his brother's side.
He LIES and excuses himself as long as MONEY ROLLS in for his charity.
He enjoys losing and believing everyone else's
way more intelligent, faster, has much higher standards, higher talent ceiling and
Grand Slam potential. He thinks he can depend on MONSTER POWER SERVES!
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #745
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

F
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #746
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute

Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #747
country flag acoffeygirl

acoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I should join the party and contribute my sigh!

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #748
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Painful to see a very charismatic smart guy falling into a hole of mental illness.
He used to be so happy in 2001. Then, he was shocked to reach #1 and tried to find
fun in tennis, which was too painfully boring for him (he can't be bothered to do much).

HE knew it was bad to do the gut-wrenching MOJO commercial;
he was in Playboy parties, Saturday Night Live and Weakest Link. He tried to be friends with many folks... He denied anything was distracting to tennis.

There's a sad, glazed look in his eyes. He's honest when he lets his mouth open and his eyes tear up.
Sweating way too hard and looking
too old for tennis.

Andy's desperately obsessed with media and family approval.
Like, he thinks his confidence will improve.
All this political correctness. How exhausting to him.
One of the few people I like.....he still can't have breathing room without someone
in his face demanding something from him.
He wouldn't be wasting his talent if he had a beloved job in showbiz.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #749
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

delusional brothers united

Quote:
Coach's Corner
June 17th, 2006 12:51 pm

Andy lost a tough 2 sets to James Blake today. Andy served 77% on first serves and James still managed to break 3 times. You simply have to take your hat off to the way James returned today. It was a display that you don’t often see on a grass court. We will now begin a tough week of practice on Monday in preparation for Wimbledon.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #750
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya
Painful to see a very charismatic smart guy falling into a hole of mental illness.

There's a sad, glazed look in his eyes. He's honest when he lets his mouth open and his eyes tear up.
he still can't have breathing room without someone
in his face demanding something from him.

It's like his nature for people to expect greatness from him or something.

Last edited by partygirl : 06-17-2006 at 07:58 PM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote