The "when I said 'healthy' I meant mental health too" Queens thread - Page 49 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #721
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "It will be a HEALTHY grass season" thread. (Queens)

James

But Andy...wow..

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #722
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Close friends can't motivate him.
He just copied his brother and the dependent family needed to share the media attention;
they had wild ideas of him winning Slams even with no real technical mastery
and quick footwork.
You can't win matches with weapons and talent if you
can't take quickness and agility work seriously.
He can keep denying that no one is aggressively helping him.
The only muscle building should be in his biceps. THE LEGS ARE TOO BIG ALREADY. I SAID THIS 99 times.

Everyone should've told him to retire 2 years ago when he was
declining physically and lost all sense of humiliation.
When he did something pitiful, HE KEPT DOING IT--on and off the court.
The "innocent" family isn't exempt from guilt either.
Everyone just let him do what he wanted because
no one saw anything wrong.
"Oh, Andy's so hard-working and philanthropic.
He'll win again!!!!!".

He was so busy listening to SPONSORS, his publicist, Mattress Mc,
and trolls McEnroe and Brad Gilbert.
Patrick can't stop Andy's buddy and wimpy DC captain.

Money, celebrity-watching, sponsors, family loyalty,
PATRIOTISM and George Bush!
THOSE ARE MORE important than honesty.
(He always listened to the family.
They should've told him that the career was dead
when he HAD TO try way too hard
to hit winners but still failed to flex his legs and shoulders easily.
He's immobile
on overheads, and can't put many well-placed serves and aces in.....
The Roddicks are clueless.
He can't hold up physically and can't care less, similar to his brother in 1993.

Miss beautiful shots that every fan enjoyed watching 4 years ago,
stop chasing for a shot, and worry about a leg problem? He can't STAND UP without
tumbling and losing confidence.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #723
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
I don't know what this win/loss will mean for Andy and James at Wimbledon. Personally, I don't think it will mean much, but anything can happen.
I think the loss means a lot for Andy's confidence and the the win means a lot to James who beat Andy for the first time.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #724
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
I think the loss means a lot for Andy's confidence and the the win means a lot to James who beat Andy for the first time.
Could be. Or it could mean any of the following:

1) This loss will finally give him the kick in the pants he need and he will start playing well with more consistency, his biggest problem.

2) This loss will be another in a continuing downward spiral that Andy will never get out of.

or

3) This loss doesn't really mean anything and Andy's still on the right track to get out of his funk.

To be honest I have no clue what's gonna happen. I've seen other players as well as Andy do well in one tournament, but completely suck in the next, and vice versa. I'm not going to make any predictions from this point forward. I'm just gonna sit back, relax, and keep positive.
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:40 PM   #725
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

I saw problems in Australia and San Jose (he had very few spins or force on any shot.
Few winners. Double faults and badly placed serves.
He couldn't move for slow shots from Murray and could barely get to serves from
Andreev, Benneteau, Baghdatis, Martin, etc...
He had no balance on his feet. Federer at his worst wouldn't lose to Andy, the nonchalant jerkoff).
Nothing new. I expected the loss, even when James' did nothing great.
I knew he wouldn't keep up with
James' footspeed and fitness. Dimwit thought he could just smash the ball and
push drop shots to escape from a joke match.
James's embarrassed to play
DC with "the leader" and grass expert.
everyone cares about ranking except Andy....
Fed fans wanted Blake to win and Fed expected Andy to
fall down the rankings until they'll "play" in the early rounds.
American boo + laugh.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #726
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox
1) This loss will finally give him the kick in the pants he need and he will start playing well with more consistency, his biggest problem.
It could mean anything but it certainly doesn't mean the above, Andy's butt was kicked a lot by just about everybody since last summer. He seems not to get it, or unable to find his way back. I don't think beat downs like this actually helps Andy. We have been saying this loss and that loss would wake up him for ages now. Apart from once in a while he doesn't do well anymore. Shame.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #727
country flag Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya
Close friends can't motivate him.
He just copied his brother and the dependent family needed to share the media attention;
they had wild ideas of him winning Slams even with no real technical mastery
and quick footwork.
You can't win matches with weapons and talent if you
can't take quickness and agility work seriously.
He can keep denying that no one is aggressively helping him.
The only muscle building should be in his biceps. THE LEGS ARE TOO BIG ALREADY. I SAID THIS 99 times.

Everyone should've told him to retire 2 years ago when he was
declining physically and lost all sense of humiliation.
When he did something pitiful, HE KEPT DOING IT--on and off the court.
The "innocent" family isn't exempt from guilt either.
Everyone just let him do what he wanted because
no one saw anything wrong.
"Oh, Andy's so hard-working and philanthropic.
He'll win again!!!!!".

He was so busy listening to SPONSORS, his publicist, Mattress Mc,
and trolls McEnroe and Brad Gilbert.
Patrick can't stop Andy's buddy and wimpy DC captain.

Money, celebrity-watching, sponsors, family loyalty,
PATRIOTISM and George Bush!
THOSE ARE MORE important than honesty.
(He always listened to the family.
They should've told him that the career was dead
when he HAD TO try way too hard
to hit winners but still failed to flex his legs and shoulders easily.
He's immobile
on overheads, and can't put many well-placed serves and aces in.....
The Roddicks are clueless.
He can't hold up physically and can't care less, similar to his brother in 1993.

Miss beautiful shots that every fan enjoyed watching 4 years ago,
stop chasing for a shot, and worry about a leg problem? He can't STAND UP without
tumbling and losing confidence.

Agreed on almost all of the points in your post.

Andy needs to either make some serious changes or just give it up. What he is doing now is not working and it never will.
Chaos Inc. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #728
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I just found out the score, poor Andy I couldn't see the match but from what I read here and not in GM, Andy was off his game today and James was on fire.

To all Andy fans

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #729
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
It could mean anything but it certainly doesn't mean the above, Andy's butt was kicked a lot by just about everybody since last summer. He seems not to get it, or unable to find his way back. I don't think beat downs like this actually helps Andy. We have been saying this loss and that loss would wake up him for ages now. Apart from once in a while he doesn't do well anymore. Shame.

I know how you feel dear. . It sucks when a player you like seems like they can't get outta whatever funk they are in. But in the realm of sports nothing lasts forever, not winning streaks, not slumps, nothing.

In retrospect, he's had worse losses this year. I prefer this loss to James over him losing to some qualifier ranked 120th in the world, like he was doing earlier this year. Now when he was doing that I was very upset. I think he can still turn this around and is actually taking the steps neccesary to do so(ie actually going to London after the French instead of racing back to Texas), but he's far from there yet. I get that same feeling with Andy at times that I do when it comes to Marat: . Brilliant on some days, head scratching on others. But despite all this I'm still gonna have faith in him, dork and all.

Last edited by Jade Fox : 06-17-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #730
heya
Banned!

Can you really place blame on just him and his "mental state"?
Even he knows it's the end of the road.
He knows no one's going to motivate him and tell him he'll improve
athletically.

The hands on hip body language was predictable.
He keeps doing the same things and thinks he can't be quick-footed
anymore. When you haven't played with high energy and smart serves in 3 years,
you won't have any "comfort, muscle memory and aggression" in the future.

It doesn't help that he won't lose a few pounds and hire a real coach.
John enables stupid attitudes and doesn't schedule tournaments
for Andy. I have no sympathy for him.
Go back to coaching World Team Tennis and juniors.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:15 PM   #731
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa might withdraw. Andy could still get the no.2 seeding, for Wimby.

But you know what guys, I really don't think it matters whether he's on Federer's side of the draw at Wimbledon. If he makes the semi-final, it will be one hell of an achievement.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #732

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik
Rafa might withdraw. Andy could still get the no.2 seeding, for Wimby.

But you know what guys, I really don't think it matters whether he's on Federer's side of the draw at Wimbledon. If he makes the semi-final, it will be one hell of an achievement.
Word around is he will still play, so I guess Andy will be seeded 3rd

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Old 06-17-2006, 06:18 PM   #733
country flag blosson
La La Land

the same yadayadayada...the only quality player he beat was Gonzo.

Quote:
After the match Andy acknowledged a fine performance from James Blake,

“A lot of credit should go to James today. He was too good.” Andy commented. “He returned unbelievably today. He’s had a great year, and you come to expect a very high level from him.”

Although Andy was disappointed to lose, he was optimistic ahead of Wimbledon,

“I want to build confidence for Wimbledon and I feel like I’ve done that this week. I’ve beaten some quality players.” Andy enthused, “I feel prepared for Wimbledon. I feel fine with my form from this week.”
Old 06-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #734
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

omfg, that's even worse than I talked about right after the match. If he really believes that, if he really feels fine about his form and thinks that he made no contribution to what happened today, he's simply delusional. and for as long as he keeps thinking that things are ok now, this is gonna keep happening.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #735

I dont understand, I know Andy beat Gonzo but the rest should have been easy opponents on paper. I dont understand his comments