The "when I said 'healthy' I meant mental health too" Queens thread - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #706
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "It will be a HEALTHY grass season" thread. (Queens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Pete and Andre have both said that they were better players because the other one was out there to compete against. Maybe this is what Andy needs, to realize that James really is gaining on him. Perhaps this will motivate him to get in gear and stop coasting so much.
It's a nice thought, but I am sick of hopingthat event x will wake him up. I thought losing first round at the USO would do it. i thought his ranking dropping would do it. and on and on and on and on. so, you'll have to forgive me that this doesn't really spark much optimism lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis lover
If he changes like this between every match then I'm worried about his wimbledon chances.
well i was anyway, but yea i know what you mean. and watch, he'll get the draw from hell too. henman in the first round, haas in the 2nd, in Roger's half and Lleyton's quarter and James's R16 or whatever.

The worst thing was his bad body language really early on in the match - the hands on hips, head down, cranky thing. SO early in the match. that's just ugh

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 06-17-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #707
country flag Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

True. He always gives credit to his opposition, even when it is not really justified for him to do so. James is a good player who did a great job overcoming all the obstacles that life placed in his path. Having said that, if Andy played anywhere near his old level, he would have won this match fairly easily.
Chaos Inc. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #708
country flag revolution

revolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond reputerevolution has a reputation beyond repute

Andy seemed to lose his brain early on- he wasn't playing awfully but he just started shouting random soundbites too quickly- James played like a champion today though
Old 06-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #709
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ¡|:!
FROM BEHIND THE BASELINE
After that shot I thought he really deserved to lose. So stupid.

So much for Andy who WAS a good grass player.

Shame, pitty, c'est la vie.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #710
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Inc.
True. He always gives credit to his opposition, even when it is not really justified for him to do so. James is a good player who did a great job overcoming all the obstacles that life placed in his path. Having said that, if Andy played anywhere near his old level, he would have won this match fairly easily.
James played well today, the thing is, considering how well they know each other, how often they practice together, Andy looked like he had no clue that James was gonna rip returns and stuff and Andy was just there not ready for them at all. it was just odd and disappointing that he seemed completely unprepared for what he HAD to have known James was going to bring to the match. It just makes you wonder what the heck his gameplan was, what did he and John discuss about how to play the match? B/c today it looked like Andy didn't even have a plan A let alone a backup.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #711
country flag Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis lover
I know. When he said that I actually felt like crying. I still do! I was happy an hour ago and since then everything has gone wrong and now I'm sad! If Andy hadn't played so well yesterday I wouldn't be so angry but he was a completely different person out there today. If he changes like this between every match then I'm worried about his wimbledon chances.

With the state of current affairs, it is best even going into Wimbledon, with all the success he has had in the past there, not expecting Roddick to do much. Then if he does, it will be a pleasant surprise.
Chaos Inc. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #712
country flag Nishy

Nishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond reputeNishy has a reputation beyond repute

Andy

James
He deserves to win.

Andy can't keep his old level anymore? If so, sad thing but is this the reality?

But I still believe he will be back. He is still young.
Nishy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #713
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #714
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With the state of current affairs, it is best even going into Wimbledon, with all the success he has had in the past there, not expecting Roddick to do much. Then if he does, it will be a pleasant surprise.
I've been trying to do that but it's still a bit of a shock when he loses early cos I know he could/should be doing so much better! and when he plays like he did yesterday he gets my hopes up, only to lose yet again! This seems to happen to me whoever I support these days.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #715
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but no one is expecting much of Andy for a long time now. Inconsistence is his routine. James lost both his ties in the last DC played on grass and somehow he is now much better than Andy. WTF.

I'm sure Sue Barker is disappointed too.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #716
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

{{{Nishy!!!}}} Where have you been, my girl? So glad to see you again, if only to mourn over Andy's demise again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishy
But I still believe he will be back. He is still young.
Keep the faith, Nishy. I like your positive outlook.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #717
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I had a bad feeling that James could beat Andy today. I was feeling sick all day and everytime I felt sick, my favorite players would lose. It's a weird pyschic thing. Only Roger seems pretty much immune to this .

Well congrats to James. I guess this is his moment now, and he should enjoy. As for you Andy, please fix whatever part of your brain that causes you to play so erratically!
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #718
country flag andyroxmysox12191

andyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh* I told Matt (I forget what his username is on here lmao...sorrrrryy) that I was afraid to be happy about yesterday's win cause whenever Andy plays great like that, there's always something that sends him two steps backwards the next time ):

But congrats to James
Old 06-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #719
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
but no one is expecting much of Andy for a long time now. Inconsistence is his routine. James lost both his ties in the last DC played on grass and somehow he is now much better than Andy. WTF.
No doubt that it was James' excellent return game today that threw Andy off, but as Deb said, Andy should have expected it. But James was also choking in this match, and I am afraid he might do the same in tomorrow's final against Hewitt and that's all Lleyton will need to run with it.

I don't know what this win/loss will mean for Andy and James at Wimbledon. Personally, I don't think it will mean much, but anything can happen.

I am pleased to see James doing well on grass, he has always had the game for it. I think he has the game for every surface really, all he needed was a jump-start win. At RG it was Almagro, and here for grass it's Andy, unfortunately.

Quote:
I'm sure Sue Barker is disappointed too.
For a while maybe but then she'll just flirt with James.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #720
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Le sigh.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote