The Todd Reid Thread - Results, photos, gossip, news and fans in here!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2004, 06:11 AM   #1
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up The Todd Reid Thread - Results, photos, gossip, news and fans in here!!!

He's a run down of Todd's year so far.

AAPT Champs:

R1: Def W.Ferreira (1) 6-0, 6-1 :
R2: Def R.Sluiter
QF: Lost to J.Niemene 7-5, 6-2

A very good week for Todd nevertheless.
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2004, 06:12 AM   #2
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Todd Reid Thread - Results, photos, gossip, news and fans in here!!!

Adidas International

R1: Def N.Massu (6) 7-6, 2-6, 6-4 (he came bak from 4-0 down in the third)

R2: Def Mantilla 6-4, 6-1

QF: vs Guccione or Ferreira

HE IS PLAYING AWESOME and he is a big Aussie future, being only 20 years old. I will post photos and news in this thread throughout the year
Old 01-14-2004, 06:16 AM   #3
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Default Re: The Todd Reid Thread - Results, photos, gossip, news and fans in here!!!

Old 01-14-2004, 06:25 AM   #4
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Old 01-14-2004, 06:26 AM   #5
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

From the Sunday Morning Herald

Todd Reid whispered to himself: "What the hell is going on?" The fans yelled: "Go Toddy, go Toddy." Reid looked up to the stands, saw Australian Davis Cup coach Wally Masur and thought: "How you gonna play Davis Cup one day if can't come back from here?"

And then the Sydney boy, the Coogee kid, came back from 4-0 down in the third set to claim a gutsy, fist-pumping win over Chile's Nicolas Massu, 7-6 (7-5), 2-6, 6-4 at the adidas International yesterday.

It was Reid's 21st win from his past 23 matches. Over the past month, Reid has moved 71 spots up the rankings, from 243 to 172. Things are going the 19-year-old's way.

"[Massu] is top 20 in the world," Reid said. "To come back from 4-0 in the the third is good against anyone, let alone a top-20 player."

Reid said that at 4-0 down he had felt lost. "Things weren't going well. I'd started off OK in the first and I just lost my way. He was running around balls and hitting a lot of winners. I just lost my way."

At that point, Reid was obviously frustrated, throwing his racquet on the ground, as he had done several times earlier in the match, muttering angry words to himself. The crowd gasped.

"I just had to get my anger out," Reid said. "Sometimes I feel I need to just my anger out. Otherwise, I sort of just lock it up and I don't play as well."

And then somehow - he didn't know how exactly - he got a break and the scoreboard read 4-1.

"I don't know how I broke him, then at 4-1 my legs just kicked in again," Reid said. That's when he spied Masur in the grandstand. "That spurred me on a little bit," he said.

The win was yet another indication of Reid's improving form and he's feeling positive.

"You feel good when you go out on the court," he said. "Just before, you know you've been winning matches, you sort of feel like you can always get yourself into the match no matter what happens . . . you always think you're still in it."

Reid will play the winner of the match between Richard Gasquet and Felix Mantilla scheduled for 11am today.

Mark Philippoussis will make his first appearance in the tournament today, when he plays little-known Spaniard Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo.

On the back courts yesterday, Philippoussis practised under the watchful eye of his father Nick. Philippoussis believes he is not far off his best.

"I tell you what, I'm hitting the ball pretty good in practice," he said. "I had a good practice session today . . . I feel like I'm pretty much hitting the ball as good as I can."

Philippoussis also feels closer to winning a grand slam tournament than ever before.

"The best tennis is ahead of me still. I'm improving as a player every time - I'm still learning. I'm getting physically stronger. I'm still working on my fitness.

"I've got a long way to go, but I'm feeling good on the court."
Old 01-20-2004, 07:43 AM   #6
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Reid def Kutsenko 6-3, 6-2, 6-3. Very nice match
Old 01-21-2004, 11:32 AM   #7
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

R2 vs Sargsian tomorrow
Old 01-22-2004, 09:05 AM   #8
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Reid def Sargsian 6-2, 6-4, 4-6, 6-7(6), 6-4

AWESOME MATCH OVERCOMING CRAMPS AND ILLNESS IN THE 5TH FOR A COME OF AGE VICTORY, OMG WELL DONE TODD

R3 vs Federer
Old 01-24-2004, 06:30 AM   #9
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Federer (2) def Reid 6-3, 6-0, 6-1

Old 01-24-2004, 06:38 AM   #10
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Old 02-07-2004, 03:40 AM   #11
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-28-2004, 03:37 AM   #12
Stobes

Stobes is on a distinguished road

For anyone who doesn't know, Todd has/had Glandular Fever, that's why he hasn't been playing....
Stobes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:47 AM   #13
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Indian Wells QUALIES R1: Todd Reid (11) def Florian Mayer 6-4 6-3

Next up, 21th seed Niemeyer, if he wins that clash, Toddy is thru to the MAIN DRAW.

Come on Todd!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:56 AM   #14
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Real Score was Todd Reid Def Florian Mayer 6-4 5-7 6-3

Old 03-13-2004, 04:46 AM   #15
country flag crazzzy_grrl

crazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond reputecrazzzy_grrl has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea whether todd got through to the main round???
crazzzy_grrl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote