~~Marc Gicquel~~ - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #136
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~Marc Gicquel~~

Here's the press conference from yesterday:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/ne...505391636.html

Also a couple of pictures:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...36#photo_start
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...36#photo_start
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #137
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't say anything about it and they don't mention it in today's article in l'Equipe either, it's weird.
I haven't seen anything in the German media either nor on Beck's website.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #138
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
He doesn't say anything about it and they don't mention it in today's article in l'Equipe either, it's weird.
I haven't seen anything in the German media either nor on Beck's website.
Thanks.

One thing I remember that the commentators said on the stream I was watching was something like ...oh, Beck refuses to shake Gicquel's hand! The French don't forget that kind of thing--just ask Serena Williams....

Maybe we'll never know.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #139
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

"The French" will probably never know about it, Andreas doesn't need to worry.

Potier (Ouanna's coach who is now more or less coaching Marc again too) has a column in Libé and the last one was about Marc and why he's such a latebloomer:
"Gicquel, le bel âge à 32 ans"
http://www.liberation.fr/sports/0101...l-age-a-32-ans
He started working with Marc when he was 23 years old. Marc was playing only little tournaments in France, winning most of them and very happy that way.
He has big qualities. First, a great serve, he can hit aces on any surface and his 2nd serve is very good.
But above all, he has incredible physical abilities for a tennis player: fast, good stamina, strong, excellent "feet", very hard to catch on the wrong foot, able to slide on any surface.
His BH side used to be very weak. He could only hit passing-shots down the line with his BH. The others got it soon and everybody was attacking on his BH and covering that side of the court. So he's worked a lot on it and it has almost turned into a weapon, he can now hit cross passing-shots or lobs.
Actually, the real brake on his progress was his character. He used to get all worked up because of the most trivial things. Unbelievable, since he's not like that off court. A guy sneezing in the stands and Marc would look daggers at him for 10 minutes and stop playing during 3 games. He lost a match once because somebody was making annoying noises with a plastic cup in the stands. Potier still teases him because of that, he told Marc for example before the Schüttler match that he was going to patrol the stands to make sure nobody had a plastic cup.
They now laugh about it, but it's really spoilt his career for years. Marc was fed up with Potier always telling him to calm down, Potier was losing his patience too watching Marc lose matches he should never have lost for ridiculous reasons, so they decided to stop working together.
Now Marc is married, his wife told him to stop behaving like an idiot and they're working together again. Even if he has some bad relapses from time to time like in Barcelona last month.

Last edited by Truc : 06-02-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #140
country flag higherlaw

Congrats to Marc for a great FO!

Thanks Truc for posting the article and for the awesome translation.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #141
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon R128 M Gicquel (FRA) d [Q] A Mannarino (FRA) 62 62 64
Marc plays Seppi next.

(FFT)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0004.jpg (150.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 0008.jpg (175.8 KB, 7 views)

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #142
country flag higherlaw

I watched all of Marc's matches in Washington and thought he played great; I really like his game. He could have beaten Soderling, imo...
Old 10-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #143
country flag malisha

malisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond repute

why did he retire in Moscow?

cheers
malisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #144
country flag pingpong22

pingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond repute

Marc won his both matches in Interclubs and his team won 4:2
Old 12-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #145
country flag Truc

A portrait of him in Toulouse:
http://www.actutoulouse.fr/200912226...-monsieur.html
He thought about retiring last year at one point because it's tough to always be away and hardly see Noah. But he's made up his mind and he'll keep playing.
He's leaving for Brisbane in 3 days (he has entered Brisbane and Auckland + Johannesburg after Melbourne).
Old 02-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #146
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody knows what's happened with him. While he was still playing in Melbourne he withdrew from Jo'Burg so i think the problem was not an injury and then he pulled out from San Jose and now Memphis 4 weeks without playing are not in his standards, he's injured finally ?
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #147
country flag Truc

Muscle tear in the thigh, he hopes to be back in IW.

He has an "official" forum now, the admin knows him personally, the news are reliable:
http://marc.forumactif.com/
Old 02-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #148
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #149
country flag Truc

L'Equipe says he's out for IW too, he hopes to be able to play Miami, but he might very well have to wait until the clay season.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #150
country flag soulage

It seems he will also skip Miami to come back in Casablanca which it makes more sense.

Quote:
Blessé à la jambe après l'Open d'Australie, Marc Gicquel a renoncé à participer aux deux premiers Masters 1000 de la saison, à Indian Wells (du 11 au 21 mars) et Miami (du 25 mars au 4 avril). Le Briochin a décidé de reprendre la compétition sur la terre battue de Casablanca, le 5 avril prochain. Pour l'instant, cette absence prolongée du circuit n'a pas de conséquences fâcheuses au classement ATP. Cinquante-deuxième au lendemain de l'Open d'Australie, il est cette semaine 61e mondial. Mais n'ayant pas particulièrement brillé l'an dernier lors de la tournée américaine, son absence ne devrait pas trop lui porter préjudice.