About Us - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2002, 04:51 PM   #91
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Bye Leo!

Cheer Lindsay to victory for me.

Oh and
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2002, 05:02 PM   #92
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Be sure to come back with some scores. Please. Then I'll do this

Coverage on Eurosport starts at 2:30 pm EST so I suppose they'll show the next match.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:40 PM   #93
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Welcome. You've come to the right place. We all love Juanqui here and more importantly, we love talking about him. I am currently unemployed myself, that's why I have such a high number of posts.

Hi Layla, I read your profile and I found that we have a lot in common, including that feeling a lot younger than we are. Anyway, also want to tell you that your writing about the adventure of Hackie and Layla is so much fun. I think both of you are great writers. I felt sorry for JC though, I think he's also not having a good time in real life regarding relationship (That I heard he broke up with Esther, who looks like a very sweet girl).
Anyway, I like this board very much, cos you guys are so much fun
I hope US Open will start tomorrow so that I can start cheering for our guy.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 06:40 PM   #94
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay Davenport def. Amelie Mauresmo 7-6 (7), 6-3

terrific performance from Lindsay. she was 12 of 13 at net, hit 9 aces, and was so impressive off the forehand. and the best part is that she closed it out with two terrific backhand passing shots!
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 06:48 PM   #95
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera

Hi Layla, I read your profile and I found that we have a lot in common, including that feeling a lot younger than we are. Anyway, also want to tell you that your writing about the adventure of Hackie and Layla is so much fun. I think both of you are great writers. I felt sorry for JC though, I think he's also not having a good time in real life regarding relationship (That I heard he broke up with Esther, who looks like a very sweet girl).
he broke up with Esther?! wow, Layla and Hackie will be happy bout that!lol!
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

Old 08-22-2002, 08:03 PM   #96
Layla

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo7
Lindsay Davenport def. Amelie Mauresmo 7-6 (7), 6-3

terrific performance from Lindsay. she was 12 of 13 at net, hit 9 aces, and was so impressive off the forehand. and the best part is that she closed it out with two terrific backhand passing shots!

I just saw the replay on Eurosport. I'm glad that was the one QF match they chose. Lindsay was astonishing. She blew me away. I think it was a terrific match. Both played so well. But how come she didn't look particularly happy when she won? I don't think she even cracked a smile.

Last edited by Layla : 08-22-2002 at 08:17 PM.
Layla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 08:16 PM   #97
Layla

Quote:

Yes, I had a feeling we had a lot in common. I'm glad you like this board. I hope you will have loads of fun with us. Thank you for the compliment, you're very sweet to say that. I feel sorry for Juanqui too. I've heard about Esther, I think they broke up several months ago, but nobody is really sure.

And no Leo, I wouldn't be happy if he did indeed break up with his girlfriend. I actually want him to be in a healthy, positive, loving relationship with a great girl. I think it would do his game and his confidence a whole lot of good. I had a suspicion during the clay court season that something in his personal life must be bothering him and hindering his progress . He looked pretty miserable sometimes... BEFORE the match. He cheered up during RG though, so that's good.
Layla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 09:48 PM   #98
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Vera, welcome

The more people who join up in here the better

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 10:53 PM   #99
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Layla

And no Leo, I wouldn't be happy if he did indeed break up with his girlfriend. I actually want him to be in a healthy, positive, loving relationship with a great girl. I think it would do his game and his confidence a whole lot of good. I had a suspicion during the clay court season that something in his personal life must be bothering him and hindering his progress . He looked pretty miserable sometimes... BEFORE the match. He cheered up during RG though, so that's good.
OMG, my thought exactly. I wish him well both on and off court. I think he and Esther looks really good together so it's a pity if they reallly broke up. But I'm not sure myself, maybe it's just a rumor, maybe they are back together, or I hope they get back together. Anyway, I also think that he looked sad and miserable (maybe that's why we all think they broke up), which I suspect caused his inconsistent play at the beginning of the year.

Anyhow, all the best wishes for Juan Carlos.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:06 AM   #100
Leo7

Quote:
Originally posted by Layla

I just saw the replay on Eurosport. I'm glad that was the one QF match they chose. Lindsay was astonishing. She blew me away. I think it was a terrific match. Both played so well. But how come she didn't look particularly happy when she won? I don't think she even cracked a smile.
that's just Lindsay. she doesn't get too excited when she wins a match, but afterwards she's all smiles! you never see her fist pump during a match, but that doesn't mean she's not focused.

GOOOOOOO Lindsay! (i agree, it was a great match)

Old 08-24-2002, 10:34 PM   #101
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL, trying to play catch-up . . .

Thanks for the writing compliments It's a lot of fun to write a tandem story, but it's even better when the writers have similar senses of humor. I'm a bit more smartass and Layla's the romantic one, but I think it balances out to a funny story.

I also heard the Esther rumor, but hesitate to confirm/deny it. I haven't seen either from an official mouth around Juan Carlos, but I also think something's amiss.

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 11:15 PM   #102
Vera

Ya, Esther is still listed as JC's fiance on his offical site. So let's hope they are still together.

Anyhow, as long as JC plays well, it doesn't matter whatever happen off-court. He's a big boy, he can handle that.

Vamos Juan Carlos
Old 08-25-2002, 03:16 AM   #103
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo7

he broke up with Esther?! wow, Layla and Hackie will be happy bout that!lol!
No, I won't be happy if he has broken up with his girlfriend, because that can be very trying and especially playing professional tennis--it can be a lonely life

The story's all in fun. Er, right

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #104
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About Us

My name is Edda. I'm 45 years old and work at my local library. My favorite male players are Juan Carlos Ferrero, Rafael Nadal, David Ferrer and Roger Federer. My favorite female players are Kim Clijsters and Melanie Oudin.

I have four indoor cats: Peter, Paul, Prince and C.C.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote