The Gaston I'm taking on all the worlds problems and my own Roland Garros Thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2006, 12:46 PM   #16
country flag sonatinca

sonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaston I'm taking on all the worlds problems and my own Roland Garros Thread

Vamos Gastón!!!!!!!!
I was watching 2 & 3d sets, it was quite funny, though Gastón wasnt very happy. All the points croatian got, he made when Gato was loosing his concentration. And Gastón has left court a little bit dissatisfied he probobly wanted some 6-0 result)))

December 1-3, 2006 Moscow - A fairy tale I'll never forget

~*~Also the Proud Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society~*~

¡SOY UN PUMA!

Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today. - James Dean

Last edited by sonatinca : 05-29-2006 at 12:56 PM.
sonatinca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #17
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaston I'm taking on all the worlds problems and my own Roland Garros Thread

Good result. I haven't seen the match, but I heard Gaston played pretty well.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:33 PM   #18
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice easy match for Gaston!!! Next up, Korolev. Time to beat him too!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #19
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very pleased with his win, as I thought he played pretty well: just 18 UEs, 28 winners and 75% of first serves. Who isn't pleased is Gastón himself, who still isn't satisfied and was heard to say after hitting a ball out "I'm pathetic"!
Anyway, getting through to the second round in just over 90 minutes should give him a nudge in the right direction!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #20
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, Vale. I thought he did a good job to start RG this year, and definitely a ahead of what we've been seeing from him lately.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #21
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Post match interview of Gaston, from the RG website. There's also a short video, for those who can either speak Spanish or French.

Q. On Tuesday you said you were playing your worst tennis for a long time. How did you feel today after beating your opponent?

GASTON GAUDIO: Well, I don't think I played an excellent game. I think it was quite easy to win for me. It's the first time he plays in Roland Garros, so I made the most of that opportunity. I played a bit better than him. But it wasn't anything special really. I think I'm going to have to improve my game a little.

Q. You had a very good backhand. How did you feel the court? Was it fast?

GASTON GAUDIO: It was all right, yeah. The balls were fine. They were rather fast. The court was okay. Everything was fine really.

Q. Today the miracle happened. You said if you were to win, it would be a miracle. How many more miracles do you need?

GASTON GAUDIO: One and then it will be okay. One more miracle.

Q. How did you prepare for this tournament?

GASTON GAUDIO: Same as usual. I trained a little, came here, nothing unusual.

Q. You said if you win the first match in Roland Garros, it would be a miracle. Do you really believe that or are you just being angry because you didn't play very well? Do you believe it's a miracle, when you use that word?
GASTON GAUDIO: No, you know, when I say that, it's because the way I feel. The way I've been playing lately, well, I didn't really think I would be able to win here. That's the way I was feeling.

Now I'll see if I can play a little better during the next match.

Q. You told us about the balls. The balls are the same as in Dusseldorf. What's the difference?
GASTON GAUDIO: The court was a little heavier over there in Dusseldorf. Here it was going a little fast.

THE MODERATOR: Questions in English.

Q. In Dusseldorf you said that you were playing maybe the worst tennis of your life. What changed coming to Paris? Do you think you played any good tennis today?

GASTON GAUDIO: Well, actually I play pretty good. You know, I didn't play like I would love to play. I was playing better than the last week.

Of course, I didn't play too a guy that is maybe one of the tops. It's always good to win. I would love to play a little bit better, you know, for the next one. So we'll see.

Q. Can you tell me something about the guy that you played. At some points did it seem weird, the way he was playing?

GASTON GAUDIO: Yeah, I mean, I didn't know him. The first time I saw him playing a match. It was pretty difficult, you know, to play a guy you never heard about.

Like you said, sometimes he was hitting shots that I'm not used to. You know, he was playing too much slice, going for the ball, chip and charge sometimes. It's like, I don't know, weird, like you said, because I'm not used to play a guy like he play today.

Q. Any better feeling now after this match?

GASTON GAUDIO: Yeah, of course. I mean, it's always good to win. We'll see what happens for the next match.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #22
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope Gaston will be a bit more confident now after his first round win in Paris!
Vamos!

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:32 AM   #23
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Gaston.

Good luck against Korolev.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:18 AM   #24
country flag Fed-Express

Fed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed-Express has a reputation beyond repute

Korolev is a way more dangerous player than Karanusic. I hope Gastón can raise his level. A 2nd round exit would be just terrible.
Fed-Express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #25
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Gaston knows he has a lot to improve and he was Ok in this match, but OK won't do against Korolev as Korolev does have some weapons and Gaston better not even think of underestimating him.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #26
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Gaston is 3rd match on Court 7 tomorrow.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #27
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Gastón will also play doubles, with Del Potro. Here is the draw:

[1] BRYAN USA / BRYAN USA
SANGUINETTI ITA / SEPPI ITA

HORNA PER / RAMIREZ HIDALGO ESP
FISHER AUS / KERR AUS

BERDYCH CZE / NOVAK CZE
LJUBICIC CRO / VICO ITA

GALIMBERTI ITA / SRICHAPHAN THA
[16] JOHANSSON SWE / MOODIE RSA

[10] CERMAK CZE / FRIEDL CZE
HEALEY AUS / THOMAS USA

(W) ASCIONE FRA / SERRA FRA
BENNETEAU FRA / MAHUT FRA

LANDSBERG SWE / SODERLING SWE
HERNYCH CZE / SKOCH CZE

TIPSAREVIC SCG / YOUZHNY RUS
[7] DAMM CZE / PAES IND

[4] HANLEY AUS / ULLYETT ZIM
LOPEZ ESP / VERDASCO ESP

PARROTT USA / SPADEA USA
CIBULEC CZE / LEVINSKY CZE

(W) BACHELOT FRA / ROBERT FRA
(W) CARRAZ FRA / DUPUIS FRA

COETZEE RSA / GIMELSTOB USA
[15] PAVEL ROM / WASKE GER

[12] ACASUSO ARG / PRIETO ARG
PHILLIPS USA / TURSUNOV RUS

BHUPATHI IND / MALISSE BEL
MULLER LUX / ROCHUS BEL

ALLEGRO SUI / WAWRINKA SUI
CHELA ARG / MASSA ARG

BRACCIALI ITA / VOLANDRI ITA
[5] ERLICH ISR / RAM ISR

[6] SANTORO FRA / ZIMONJIC SCG
PEYA AUT / PHAU GER

MATHIEU FRA / MONFILS FRA
PALA CZE / VIK CZE

(W) DEVILDER FRA / PATIENCE FRA
VLIEGEN BEL / WASSEN NED

FERRER ESP / VICENTE ESP
[11] KNOWLE AUT / MELZER AUT

[13] DLOUHY CZE / VIZNER CZE
KAS GER / PETZSCHNER GER

(W) GICQUEL FRA / SIMON FRA
MARACH AUT / SUK CZE

HRBATY SVK / MERTINAK SVK
RUSEDSKI GBR / ZIB CZE

HAGGARD RSA / KARLOVIC CRO
[3] KNOWLES BAH / NESTOR CAN

[8] ASPELIN SWE / PERRY AUS
DEL POTRO ARG / GAUDIO ARG

KOHLMANN GER / SCHUETTLER GER
MARTIN ESP / STARACE ITA

(W) HAEHNEL FRA / SIDORENKO FRA
DJOKOVIC SCG / ZOVKO CRO

PASHANSKI SCG / REYNOLDS USA
[9] FYRSTENBERG POL / MATKOWSKI POL

[14] LLODRA FRA / ROCHUS BEL
ARTHURS AUS / HEWITT AUS

ALMAGRO ESP / PORTAS ESP
ARNOLD KER ARG / GARCIA ARG

(W) CHARDY FRA / OUANNA FRA
HUSS AUS / LEVY ISR

LINDSTEDT SWE / NIEMINEN FIN
[2] BJORKMAN SWE / MIRNYI BLR
Old 05-31-2006, 05:05 AM   #28
country flag aiwen_mei

aiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond repute

Go Gaston
aiwen_mei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:42 PM   #29
country flag Vale

Gastón, you said you needed a second "miracle" to get into your stride, so let's hope it happens!
No more , enter the Lion King!
ALLEZ GASTON!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:11 PM   #30
country flag Corina2605

Corina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond repute

Gaston won in 5 sets, congrats

Good luck to Pico Monaco, Juan Chela, Gaston Gaudio, Machi Gonzalez, Edu Schwank, Fabio Fognini, Roger Federer, Marco Chiudinelli, Rafa Nadal, Juan-Carlos Ferrero, Fernando Verdasco, Tommy Robredo, David Ferrer and Marc Lopez

Vamos ARG DC team!!! 2011 is the year to win the title!!!! Vamos!!!
Corina2605 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote