2006 RG!!!!! --(Kiwi's bringing the sass to Paris!)-- news & pix - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2006, 06:43 PM   #31
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006 RG!!!!! --(Kiwi's bringing the sass to Paris!)-- news & pix

What did Kiwi say to the linesman at 5-5 in the third set? I think it started with "fuck". And did he get a warning for that?
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #32
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

what a match....

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:44 PM   #33
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi's post match interview.

Quote:
Q. The tournament would like to thank you for not also throwing your shorts into the stands after the match, that was very kind.
NICOLAS KIEFER: Yeah. I mean, was tough. What can you do? You play for such long time, yeah, everything came up.

Q. On a day like this, very cold, is there a point in a long match where your legs begin to not respond because of the cold weather, your arms?
NICOLAS KIEFER: No, it's not a point of the weather. I mean, it was okay. You have to get used to it. You have to get ready. For sure, I mean, I had a great start. Then first rain break was coming. I came out very slow. Then another rain break was coming. I think it's quite normal that you also get a little bit nervous. He was playing better and better. And I just tried to find my game, focus on my game.

I had many chances, but I just didn't take them.

Q. The football jersey you wore last week with the No. 69 on the back. Does that designate something?
NICOLAS KIEFER: No, it's just my official jersey number in Hannover.

Q. What was it like to win in that way?
NICOLAS KIEFER: Well, I mean, I prefer to make it easier. But, no, was not easy. I mean, I started very good. I played unbelievably great tennis first two sets. Came out a little slow in the third set. He played much better.

No, at the end of the day, it counts a win, what's on the paper. A win is a win. I know I had a tough match like this a few matches in Melbourne also.

I would prefer to save some energy.

Q. How was it emotionally at the end for you?
NICOLAS KIEFER: I was just hoping that this ball is flying out. I had the wind against me, so it can also bounce on the line. I don't know what would have happened then. I mean, I had so many chances, I just didn't take them. This is what makes me a little disappointed. Just have to keep on going, what I did before. That's the way how I have to play.

Q. Had you ever heard of Marc Gicquel before today?
NICOLAS KIEFER: Yeah, I saw him playing before a few tournaments. We never played against each other. Sometimes it's not easy. But on the other side, you have to get used to it. I had a great start. I played very good. I played my game. Then I think he was a little bit more relaxed and played better and better and better. He made it very difficult for me.

At the end of the day, I came out a little bit stronger. I feel good. That's also the most important thing for me.

Q. When you were on the court, did you think he was playing the match of his life?
NICOLAS KIEFER: Well, I mean, for him it was I think easier because he had all the support. No, what I can say was it was a great atmosphere. It was nice to play out there, but sometimes not easy.

Q. There seems some ambiguity about that final ball in Marc's press conference. You saw it out clearly?
NICOLAS KIEFER: Yes. He didn't?

Q. It looked in on the television.
NICOLAS KIEFER: It was close, but it was out.

Q. Could have asked the chair umpire to inspect the mark if he wanted to.
NICOLAS KIEFER: Right.

Q. What is your history on the court with Berdych?
NICOLAS KIEFER: Good question. I mean, last week he beat me in Dusseldorf. It was a great match. For sure he had an easy win today. I had a long one. Still, I think I can play ‑‑ I could keep on going. The tournament just started.

Physically I'm ready. I have one more day off, then I'm ready to go again.

Q. He's been often praised as a coming star. Hasn't quite gotten there yet. What are his particular advantages on the court?
NICOLAS KIEFER: As you said, he's a great player. I think everybody's waiting for him to go up in the ranking. I think he's a great player. He's like 20 or 21 years old. He's tall, he's moving good, he's hitting the ball very good. It's going to be very difficult. As you said, he's one of the upcoming guys.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:57 PM   #34
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

some screencaps from his post match press conference
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (20.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (23.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (23.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (26.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Image5.jpg (24.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Image6.jpg (25.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Image7.jpg (26.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-31-2006, 08:01 PM   #35
country flag Kiwi7

Kiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi7 has a reputation beyond repute

awww really cool match!! (for sure it was worth escaping from school lol)
now Berdych won't be that 'easy'. watching federer's match in the rain delay made me kinda angry. some people just have all the luck (Hartfield, Falla)... at least he didn't play that well i think.
auf geht's!!

Hajrá magyarok!! ~ Forza Italia! ~ Força Portugal!
Kiwi7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:33 PM   #36
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006 RG!!!!! --(Kiwi's bringing the sass to Paris!)--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
If you are from the US, I would get up earlier because I hope that the match is already over (in favour of Kiwi, of course) at 8am your time
Sorry for being so optimistic that the match would be over soon Sure, it really should have been, but with Kiwi you never knew. He was so close of losing it and I'm just glad it he won it somehow and that some people didn't get what they wanted in this match

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:27 PM   #37
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
What did Kiwi say to the linesman at 5-5 in the third set? I think it started with "fuck". And did he get a warning for that?
Damn, I also would like to know what it was exactly. I could only hear something like "a fuck" or "a fucking", but then the applause was too load and I couldn't identify it anymore. (I let Mary listen to it, maybe she can identify it as she should understand English better with some background noise or it was a mixture of English/French/German insult *g*)

Yes, I think the warning was for that, but it didn't come immediately. I think it was one point later, right?

IMO it was a negligence of the line umpire because normally they should duck balls out of the way if possible (and he had enough time to do so) and Kiefer was hindered in his swing a little bith when returning this smash from far back in the court. It would have been interesting what would have happened if Kiwi hit the line umpire on that play with his racket when swinging for the ball. He can be blamed for screaming at him, but I think nothing could be done if he touched him with his racket as it's not the player's duty to take care of where the line umpire is standing. That would have been interesting and you can guess a lot of people would have gone outrage again over this "bad behaviour"

and thanks for posting the press conference transcript of Kiwi!
Usually there are only so few of him, I hardly check for it it anymore....

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 05-31-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:54 PM   #38
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
As far as I remember, he said "fucking prick". Kiwi really has to learn to control himself. There's no reason for him to insult people like that. Things like this don't help him, they might even cause a lack of concentration. I think I don't even have to add that he won't get support from the spectators when he behaves like that.

Well, a few comments on today's match. He played well in the first 2 sets, but he didn't play as great as the commentator said. Kiwi did no more than what was absolutely necessary. He only held the ball in play because Gicquel made many easy mistakes. What really disappointed me was Kiwi's absolutely chicken-hearted play when he had mps in the fifth set. He only played weak backhand crosscourt shots and hoped that his opponent would do him the favour of making the mistake. I don't know why he can't play aggresive throughout a whole match. There are always moments when he goes 3 meters behind the baseline and just hopes for the mistakes of his opponent. He has a great repertoire of shots and he should use them constantly. Anyways, he really has to step it up big time against Berdych. If he plays like this on Friday, he'll lose.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #39
country flag Neely
-

I think Kiwi was very controled today. He did not smash a racket, did not argue heavily about any line call, I think he never cried out when he missed a shot and believed in his chance all the time and did not panic even when missing all these match points. So except this situation with this line umpire (and yes, I can understand he was pissed off, still he shouldn't have done it of course) his behaviour was good today. He even excused himself for being late at the changeover or asked his opponent twice if he was alright as Gicquel slipped on the court or when his first attempt for the ball toss was not exact, I mean that's not always the thing either and I thought so when I noticed it.

It's well known for him that he often has the problem to stay agressive the whole match, it's not understandable for me either, but okay It's just in his head and he falls back to it from time to time. That he should have played more offensive at his match points goes without saying, I agree with you Also he will never be supported by a lot of crowds because he just doesn't have the lobby for it and he made himself this image to be a bad boy and he recently admitted that some love him and some hate him and that he knows that.

Last edited by Neely : 05-31-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:25 AM   #40
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Okay Dani I just got your email. To me I heard something like "you fucking piece of [shit]" I could only make out "you fucking ____" but then I saw someone said "... prick" and i heard the p, but it sounds longer than just one word. The more I listen I think I hear "you fucking piece of --" and it gets too soft for me to hear more. I dunno... It's 130am... I could be wrong...
Old 06-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #41
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #42
country flag Neely
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
Okay Dani I just got your email. To me I heard something like "you fucking piece of [shit]" I could only make out "you fucking ____" but then I saw someone said "... prick" and i heard the p, but it sounds longer than just one word. The more I listen I think I hear "you fucking piece of --" and it gets too soft for me to hear more. I dunno... It's 130am... I could be wrong...
Okay, thanks! Not that I care much about it, but now it seems we never can solve this mystery completely

Old 06-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #43
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinuera

His body is ridiculous . He seriously looks like those diagrams / models in anatamy classes that shows all the muscles in a human's body. How much body fat does a man need? 3% I believe? I think that is all he has...

Wow.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #44
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Okay, thanks! Not that I care much about it, but now it seems we never can solve this mystery completely
Kiwi needs to join MTF and then he can help us with these little things. Although he probably does not even remember what he said........... And I dunno if I'd want him reading some of the silly things I say on here
Old 06-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #45
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

This was posted in GM about Kiwi's antics during the match... http://www.eurosport.com/tennis/rola...to896102.shtml

What happened with the ballgirl???