~*~ OLIVER MARACH (AUT) ~*~ - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #46
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ OLIVER MARACH (AUT) ~*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan
He has good taste in his woman.
! Joker !
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #47
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew
I probably can read between the lines, but I won't Indeed, she must have a good personality... he seems to have one also. Do you remember her at all? WTA is practically non-existant for me, I know so little. I heard she lost a lot at one time. If she was a man, she'd be my ideal player!
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #48
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've heard of her, either And such a typically Canadian name would've stuck in my mind, I'm sure!!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 07-27-2006, 02:56 AM   #49
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Kitz pics... but I think they're from last year...
This year Eitzinger df him, 63 60. Let's focus on the next tournament

Dodgy photo, but I like both players

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 AM   #50
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win today by Oliver!
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #51
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! what an effort by Oliver today, keep it going!
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:13 AM   #52
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Stunning
I didn't expect this, even if Gaudio is not so great these days
Great start to my day Now... it will be interesting to see what happens in the doubles against the Austrians. Here's hoping the crowd really gets behind Kubot!!

Volandri is next in singles. My camera would be getting a good workout if I was there

Old 08-03-2006, 04:29 AM   #53
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Article from Forbes.com
http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/...ap2923517.html
Quote:
Gaston Gaudio struggled again on clay Wednesday, losing to Austria's Oliver Marach 5-7, 6-4, 7-6 (4) in the second round of Prokom Open.

Gaudio, a third-seeded Argentine who won the 2004 French Open, was up a break in the third set. But Marach recovered and went on to win the tiebreaker for the biggest victory of his eight-year career.

Marach advances to the quarterfinals against seventh-seeded Filippo Volandri of Italy, who beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 6-3, 3-6, 6-4.

Marach, ranked No. 87, won all four of his break points. Marach acknowledged the Argentine "didn't play his best tennis," but said Gaudio "had the chance to finish the match at 5-3."

Gaudio continues to play poorly on clay, his favorite surface. He's failed to successfully defend all five of the titles he won last year, including last week in Kitzbuehel.

"At the end I think I was fighting more," Marach said. "I showed more heart a little bit and that's why I win."
Old 08-03-2006, 04:33 AM   #54
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

From Sopot:
Quote:
Marach the quarterfinalist

Oliver Marach became the second player to reach the quarterfinals of the Orange Prokom Open. In a very good match, the Austrian unexpectedly defeated the world's 16th player Gastona Gaudio 7/5, 6/4, 7/6.

The first set showed that the players were evenly matched. Gaudio won the first game only to lose the next two. This seemed to frustrate the Argentinean so much that he broke his racquet in two by slamming it repeatedly against the court. As it turns out this sort of outlet had a positive effect on his tennis because he won the next two games. They both held serves to 5/5, at which point Gaudio broke Marach and held to take the set.

The second, no less entertaining set was won by Oliver Marach. He broke early and held his serve to finish the set at 6/4.

The third set was truly nerve racking. Gaudio was leading 5/2 after the first seven games, and when everyone thought it was over, Oliver pulled off an amazing come back. At 5/5 Gaston held his serve and at 5/6 so did Marach. Both players were visibly nervous during the tie break, which was won 7/4 by the Austrian.
and an interview from Sopot...
Quote:
"Gaudio was not playing his best tennis today. I watched him yesterday, I knew that I could win, that I would have to fight for every point but that I could do it. Gaudio had a chance to close out the match, when he was up 5/3 but I was able to break back. I knew that he was a bit down lately and I knew that this was my chance.

"My arm was so slow in the tie break, I was very nervous. I thought that here I am, a few points away from beating a French Open champion. You have thoughts like that at those moments but you have to focus, hit the ball over the net, not push it. I was pushing my serve in that last game, it was so slow, like my mother's. Gaudio made a simple mistake, and I had that lucky net point. But luck always goes both ways.

"My whole family enjoys playing tennis. I started playing when I was six. I didn't think I would be a professional player. I wasn't that good when I was younger, I was about 60th nationally at seventeen. At that time I decided to get serious, I played some good matches and my level went up. In six months I went up 400 places in the rankings. At twenty I was already 160 in the world. Then I started having chronic problems with my shoulder. I did not want it operated so it still bothers me from time to time".
Old 08-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #55
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That interview from Sopot is nice And it's also nice to see Oli doing so well this week!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 08-04-2006, 01:01 AM   #56
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae wowww
That interview from Sopot is nice And it's also nice to see Oli doing so well this week!
Congrats to Oli this week. He is playing great all week.

He and Kubot beat Knowle/lMelzer in a close match today. I had the feeling it could go either way. I hope they now win the tournament.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:28 AM   #57
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Damned awesome (as in 'nice') Czechs! Good players too, I'm glad Oli/Lukasz got a few matches under their belts. And speaking of doubles, nice semi-comeback from Jim in Washington! ALMOST got there!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #58
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Current INDESIT ATP Ranking - Singles: 82
Career High INDESIT ATP Ranking - Singles: 82 (8/7/2006)

Current Stanford ATP Doubles Ranking: 40
Career High Stanford ATP Doubles Ranking: 40 (8/7/2006)

Still #2 Austrian (Jürgen is back up to #73 )

I'll add some Sopot pics tomorrow/Wednesday
Old 08-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #59
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
Current INDESIT ATP Ranking - Singles: 82
Career High INDESIT ATP Ranking - Singles: 82 (8/7/2006)

Current Stanford ATP Doubles Ranking: 40
Career High Stanford ATP Doubles Ranking: 40 (8/7/2006)

Still #2 Austrian (Jürgen is back up to #73 )

I'll add some Sopot pics tomorrow/Wednesday

Jurgen is at a career High in the ATP Doubles Ranking at: 21 (8-7-2006)
Old 08-08-2006, 02:33 AM   #60
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Sopot has been kind to Oli's supporters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006 08 Sopot 01.jpg (50.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2006 08 Sopot 02.jpg (51.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2006 08 Sopot 03.jpg (60.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2006 08 Sopot 05.jpg (60.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2006 08 Sopot 06.jpg (60.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2006 08 Sopot 08.jpg (44.8 KB, 12 views)