Adrian Mannarino Cheering Thread - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #826
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adrian Mannarino Cheering Thread

I can't find him the qualies draws of Gstaad and Umag. :-/
He can't play LA since he has entered Segovia next week.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #827
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't seem to play anywhere, maybe he really had some injury last week?

I just came across those pics of the 2008-2009 grass season, but I think they were already posted, they look familiar:
http://www.advantage-tennis.com/mann...rian/index.php

Etc. etc.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #828
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
This is Morgan (Zahirah wanted a picture of him, so I ended up taking this and then we ended up talking, I really like Morgan)
Thanks for outing me, Jenny!

I'm sad Adri lost to Brunken, I saw him play last year as a junior (he narrowly lost to Tomic in the boys quarters, I think) He had a big serve and flat strokes but I wasn't too impressed otherwise.

Fran, what did he say when he explained to you why he kept on playing despite the knee issues?

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #829
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
Thanks for outing me, Jenny!
You shouldn't have quoted it, maybe not everybody would have made the link Zahirah = jitterbug"!
Thanks for asking for the pics, I was curious too and scrutinizing the people in the stands looking for a family likeness with Adrian.

As for Adrian's explanations, I've already forgotten the details, sorry. ^^
But he really just explained that it doesn't make any difference for his knee to play or not to play and that he doesn't have any other options. Apparently nothing can help right now. No surgery. I remember he said that doing a lot of muscle-development exercises for his leg also is too "drastic" ("trop violent"), so there really isn't anything he can do.
I asked him if the knee is feeling a bit better at least, he first said "yes, a little", but then his explanations sounded more like it isn't really better.

I know Gilles says the same about his current knee injury, the doc told him to keep playing and that the movement is good for his knee, on the contrary, even if it sounds really weird for us to see the guys play through the pain. I'm not saying they have the same problem, though, Adrian's knee issue seems more worrying.
During the match itself he was not mentioning his knee and not acting as if the knee was bothering him.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:03 AM   #830
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
You shouldn't have quoted it, maybe not everybody would have made the link Zahirah = jitterbug"!
Oh bugger too late now!

Quote:
As for Adrian's explanations, I've already forgotten the details, sorry. ^^
But he really just explained that it doesn't make any difference for his knee to play or not to play and that he doesn't have any other options. Apparently nothing can help right now. No surgery. I remember he said that doing a lot of muscle-development exercises for his leg also is too "drastic" ("trop violent"), so there really isn't anything he can do.
I asked him if the knee is feeling a bit better at least, he first said "yes, a little", but then his explanations sounded more like it isn't really better.

I know Gilles says the same about his current knee injury, the doc told him to keep playing and that the movement is good for his knee, on the contrary, even if it sounds really weird for us to see the guys play through the pain. I'm not saying they have the same problem, though, Adrian's knee issue seems more worrying.
During the match itself he was not mentioning his knee and not acting as if the knee was bothering him.
That sounds fair enough I hope he'll be able to live with it and improve his season soon, he's got such a charismatic game, even when he's playing crap you can't help but be attracted to it.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #831
country flag Truc

A. Mannarino d. J. Reister 2-6 7-6(6) 6-3

Did anybody follow the match? Did he save MP?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 AM   #832
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

I only just realised that the tournament had already started , so I missed it. Great that he won though, shall definitely try and follow the next match.

Seems like there is a live stream for the centre court in Segovia so hopefully he'll play on there on Wednesday and we can see it.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #833
country flag Truc

Same here, I discovered there was a livestream when I checked the result. :-/ I would have loved to see him win after a big fight, for a change, he always loses when I get to see him play.

There's a pic on the tournament website:

Koubek now, he pretty much destroyed Kukushkin.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #834
country flag frici

frici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond repute

Segovia

R1:Adrian Mannarino(5.)-Reister 2-6, 7-6(6.), 6-3
R2:Adrian Mannarino(5.)-Koubek

2009 victory/defeat indicator: 25/24

The results of 2009 tournament:

Winner: -
Finalist: St. Brieuc
Semifinalist: Cherbourg
Quarter finalist: Heliborn Open, Jersey, Monza, Notthingham
2. Round: Caltanisselta, Rome 2
1. Round: Noumoé, Australian Open, Wroclav, Besançon, Marocco, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, Braunschweig, Pozoblanco
Q3: Queens Club
Q2: Sydney, Kitzbühel
Q1: Marseille, Rome, München, Hamburg

Sets won/Sets lost: 60/55

Orbit cover balance 2009:

Hard: 9-10
Carpet: 0-0
Clay: 9-11
Grass: 7-3

Career Highlights:

Single

Tournament Won: 7 Titles

- 2006 Spain F11: Mannarino Def. Komlavi 6-2, 6-3
- 2006 Spain F20: Mannarino Def. Ramos-Vinalos 6-0, 6-2
- 2007 Franca F19: Mannarino Def. Dupuy 6-1, 6-2
- 2007 Great Britain F22: Mannarino Def. Skupski 6-4, 6-3
- 2008 Great Britain F2: Mannarino Def. Nieminen 3-6, 7-6(6.), 6-2
- 2008 France F15: Mannarino Def. Faurel 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
- 2008 Jersey(Ch): Mannarino Def. Beck 7-6(4.), 7-6(4.)

Career Winn/Loss: 160-107
Atp Tournament: 15-18
Challenger Tournament: 45-35
Futures Tournament: 101-56

Atp Tournament:

Finalist: -
Semifinalist: 1
Quarter finalist: -
2. Round: -
1. Round: 5

Challenger Tournament:

Winner: 1
Finalist: 2
Semifinalist: 4
Quarter finalist: 5
2. Round: 6
1. Round: 18

Futures Tournament:

Winner: 6
Finalist: 5
Semifinalist: 6
Quarter finalist: 11
2. Round: 11
1. Round: 22

Doubles

Tournament Won: 4 Titles

- 2007 France F2: Mannarino/Ouanna Def.Roger-Vasselin/Pelkins 6-4, 7-5
- 2007 France F3: Mannarino/Ouanna Def. Renand/Qureshi 6-7(5.), 6-3, 7-5
- 2007 France F8: Mannarino/Ouanna Def. Marrero/Munoz-De La Nava 6-2, 6-1
- 2007 France F11 Mannarino/Eysseric Def. Sergeyev/Tavares 6-1, 6-4

Career Winn/Loss: 51/55
Atp Tournament: 0-1
Challenger Tournament: 9-15
Futures Tournament: 42-39

Atp Tournament:

Semifinalist: -
Quarter finalist: -
1. Round: 1

Challenger Tournament:

Semifinalist: 1
Quarter finalist: 8
1. Round: 5

Futures Tournament:

Winner: 4
Semifinalist: 3
Quarter finalist: 22
2. Round: 1
1. Round: 11

Attila Balazs
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=1#post7653654
frici is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #835
country flag frici

frici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Mannarino!

Alléz Adrian!

Attila Balazs
Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #836
country flag frici

Mannarino high Ranking: 107

near a top100
Alléz Adrian!

Attila Balazs
Old 08-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #837
country flag Truc

I can't find a working livestream...
*3-0

5-1*.

Another pic on the tournament website:

Last edited by Truc : 08-05-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #838
country flag Truc

Imagine what his ranking would look like if he was actually *winning* some matches - he hasn't won a match since Wimbledon and yet his ranking has been going up week after week (#128 - 118 - 116 - 109 - 108 - 107)...
Old 08-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #839
country flag frici

Quote:
Imagine what his ranking would look like if he was actually *winning* some matches - he hasn't won a match since Wimbledon and yet his ranking has been going up week after week (#128 - 118 - 116 - 109 - 108 - 107)...

If he would play tennis well on this tournament the best one would get into 100!
Good luck Mannarino!

Attila Balazs
Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #840
country flag frici

Mannarino-Koubek 6-1, 2-1*
Alléz Adrian!
Good luck Mannarino!

Attila Balazs