Adrian Mannarino Cheering Thread - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #811
country flag frici

frici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adrian Mannarino Cheering Thread

Hamburg

Q1:Adrian Mannarino(8.)-BRUNKEN(Wc.)

2009 victory/defeat indicator: 24/23

The results of 2009 tournament:

Winner: -
Finalist: St. Brieuc
Semifinalist: Cherbourg
Quarter finalist: Heliborn Open, Jersey, Monza, Notthingham
2. Round: Caltanisselta, Rome 2
1. Round: Noumoé, Australian Open, Wroclav, Besançon, Marocco, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, Braunschweig, Pozoblanco
Q3: Queens Club
Q2: Sydney, Kitzbühel
Q1: Marseille, Rome, München

Sets won/Sets lost: 58/52

Orbit cover balance 2009:

Hard: 8-10
Carpet: 0-0
Clay: 9-10
Grass: 7-3

Career Highlights:

Single

Tournament Won: 7 Titles

- 2006 Spain F11: Mannarino Def. Komlavi 6-2, 6-3
- 2006 Spain F20: Mannarino Def. Ramos-Vinalos 6-0, 6-2
- 2007 Franca F19: Mannarino Def. Dupuy 6-1, 6-2
- 2007 Great Britain F22: Mannarino Def. Skupski 6-4, 6-3
- 2008 Great Britain F2: Mannarino Def. Nieminen 3-6, 7-6(6.), 6-2
- 2008 France F15: Mannarino Def. Faurel 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
- 2008 Jersey(Ch): Mannarino Def. Beck 7-6(4.), 7-6(4.)

Career Winn/Loss: 159-106
Atp Tournament: 15-17
Challenger Tournament: 44-35
Futures Tournament: 101-56

Atp Tournament:

Finalist: -
Semifinalist: 1
Quarter finalist: -
2. Round: -
1. Round: 5

Challenger Tournament:

Winner: 1
Finalist: 2
Semifinalist: 4
Quarter finalist: 5
2. Round: 6
1. Round: 18

Futures Tournament:

Winner: 6
Finalist: 5
Semifinalist: 6
Quarter finalist: 11
2. Round: 11
1. Round: 22

Doubles

Tournament Won: 4 Titles

- 2007 France F2: Mannarino/Ouanna Def.Roger-Vasselin/Pelkins 6-4, 7-5
- 2007 France F3: Mannarino/Ouanna Def. Renand/Qureshi 6-7(5.), 6-3, 7-5
- 2007 France F8: Mannarino/Ouanna Def. Marrero/Munoz-De La Nava 6-2, 6-1
- 2007 France F11 Mannarino/Eysseric Def. Sergeyev/Tavares 6-1, 6-4

Career Winn/Loss: 51/55
Atp Tournament: 0-1
Challenger Tournament: 9-15
Futures Tournament: 42-39

Atp Tournament:

Semifinalist: -
Quarter finalist: -
1. Round: 1

Challenger Tournament:

Semifinalist: 1
Quarter finalist: 8
1. Round: 5

Futures Tournament:

Winner: 4
Semifinalist: 3
Quarter finalist: 22
2. Round: 1
1. Round: 11

Attila Balazs
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=1#post7653654
frici is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #812
country flag frici

frici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Mannarino! Alléz Adrian!

Attila Balazs
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=1#post7653654
frici is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #813
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Argh, what should I do? What do you mean, is there a chance he loses to this Brunken guy??
I'll be really pissed if I go on Sunday and Adrian is already out, but Sunday would be much more interesting.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #814
country flag MissChaChaCha

MissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do you mean, is there a chance he loses to this Brunken guy??
J.Brunken (w.c) d. A.Mannarino (8) 6-2 6-3

Terribly sorry for U !
MissChaChaCha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #815
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be sorry for me, but for Adrian!
I went to Hamburg today, I saw the match. It was great to see him in person, but he was so gutted, poor boy...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #816
country flag Truc

I asked him about his knee before the match, I know he must be so sick of that question, but he explained in detail why he keeps playing, etc. It's a real headache. :-/ He was very, very nice!
He looks much better in person than in pics. Nice eyes, great smile too.

It looked like he was alone in Hamburg. I would only recognize the father, don't know how the brothers look like, but he was alone before his match and he didn't seem to look at anybody in particular during the match. I hope I'm wrong and there was somebody to cheer him up after his match because he seemed so down.

Brunken is a hardhitter, the kind of players who bore me to tears. But I have to say he played a good match. It was driving Adrian insane because Brunken kept painting the lines. Every close shot of Brunken was in, every close shot of Adrian was out, it really was quite insane! On MP again - Adrian had a little bitter, disillusioned smile then.

At the beginning I thought Adrian had a problem with his shoulder, he gave Brunken a 4-0 lead ^^ and kept touching his shoulder after each serve. But he stopped doing that after a while, so I guess/hope the shoulder is fine.
Actually, his serve was the only thing working in his game afterwards. I so badly wanted to cheer his winners, but there weren't any. :-/ So I was cheering his service winners!
I don't remember if he even played one of his gorgeous dropshots. He let Brunken totally dominate the rallies at times, it was painful to watch.

Still, I'm very glad to have seen the match because of his antics, he's quite a character on the court! He really made me laugh, even though it wasn't funny.
When he was broken again at 3-2 (?) in the 2nd set, he was just frustrated from then on and started to soliloquize for the rest of the match. He was whining that he's been so unlucky this year ("je suis tellement poissard, moi, cette année!"), etc.
He didn't even go to his chair for the last changeover, went over to the other side of the court and waited for Brunken.
He was still talking to himself when leaving the court, I couldn't hear what he said because it was too far from me, but I heard him shout the scoreline of his match, he was so mad!

Sorry for the long match report, but I'm so glad to have seen him in person, even if the match was a complete mess. Terrible match and fight from him, obviously, but he was touching.
His whiny antics reminded me a bit of Coria too (it's positive coming from me, I found Coria highly entertaining).

Last edited by Truc : 07-20-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #817
country flag Truc

I took an insane amount of pics too. A guy in Hamburg called me "clic clic" (each time he bumped into me, he was saying "clic clic!" ^^)

Last edited by Truc : 07-19-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #818
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I took an insane amount of pics too. A guy in Hamburg called me "clic clic" (each time he bumped into me, he was saying "clic clic!" ^^)
Hope you are enjoying it, even if your man bumped out.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:49 AM   #819
country flag Truc

I had never noticed he has a piercing in the ear:

They're not even good, the pics don't do him justice at all, he always looks the same in them, while he's so entertaining to watch. I didn't catch the best antics because I was too busy watching then.

Last edited by Truc : 07-19-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #820
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Hope you are enjoying it, even if your man bumped out.
That was just the first half, as you can see.
I'm back in Berlin already, I have a lot of work for Monday, I could go only one day this week-end. I'm so relieved I decided to go on Saturday or I would have missed the Mannarino show!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #821
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

What a picture fest that was. Thanks a lot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I asked him about his knee before the match, I know he must be so sick of that question, but he explained in detail why he keeps playing, etc. It's a real headache. :-/ He was very, very nice!
He looks much better in person than in pics. Nice eyes, great smile too.

It looked like he was alone in Hamburg. I would only recognize the father, don't know how the brothers look like, but he was alone before his match and he didn't seem to look at anybody in particular during the match. I hope I'm wrong and there was somebody to cheer him up after his match because he seemed so down.

Beurken is a hardhitter, the kind of players who bore me to tears. But I have to say he played a good match. It was driving Adrian insane because Beurken kept painting the lines. Every close shot of Beurken was in, every close shot of Adrian was out, it really was quite insane! On MP again - Adrian had a little bitter, disillusioned smile then.

At the beginning I thought Adrian had a problem with his shoulder, he gave Beurken a 4-0 lead ^^ and kept touching his shoulder after each serve. But he stopped doing that after a while, so I guess/hope the shoulder is fine.
Actually, his serve was the only thing working in his game afterwards. I so badly wanted to cheer his winners, but there weren't any. :-/ So I was cheering his service winners!
I don't remember if he even played one of his gorgeous dropshots. He let Beurken totally dominate the rallies at times, it was painful to watch.

Still, I'm very glad to have seen the match because of his antics, he's quite a character on the court! He really made me laugh, even though it wasn't funny.
When he was broken again at 3-2 (?) in the 2nd set, he was just frustrated from then on and started to soliloquize for the rest of the match. He was whining that he's been so unlucky this year ("je suis tellement poissard, moi, cette année!"), etc.
He didn't even go to his chair for the last changeover, went over to the other side of the court and waited for Beurken.
He was still talking to himself when leaving the court, I couldn't hear what he said because it was too far from me, but I heard him shout the scoreline of his match, he was so mad!

Sorry for the long match report, but I'm so glad to have seen him in person, even if the match was a complete mess. Terrible match and fight from him, obviously, but he was touching.
His whiny antics reminded me a bit of Coria too (it's positive coming from me, I found Coria highly entertaining).
The long match report is very appreciated, now watch me respond in equally long fashion.

It's nice that you got to speak with him, he is very nice to talk with, so laid back and friendly (well, he was with me anyway). The knee problem is annoying, indeed, really seems to have messed with his confidence for this season. Agree about how good he looks in person, especially when he is not sulking (although that can be attractive too!).

I'm going to help you identify his brothers with some pictures of them at Wimbledon:
This is Morgan (Zahirah wanted a picture of him, so I ended up taking this and then we ended up talking, I really like Morgan):

Here, watching Adrian

and here's Daniele in the pink shirt (I think he's his brother )

Do you recognise either of them as being there? I hope he had someone there for him anyway since it was such a crappy loss.

Like I said on your Facebook, the 1st time I saw Adrian live he played dreadfully too but I still fell in love with his game, I don't know what it was in that match that I could possibly have enjoyed though, since both him and Eysseric were really bad. Must have been his character, I think he also hit a classic dropshot, which made me think of Coria and I was a fan ever since. Hope you get to see him play a good match in person soon because there are very few things better!

I see he gave one of those disillusioned smiles again, seems to be becoming a regularity unfortunately.

I love listening to him talk to himself, since it helps me learn so much more about him as a player. It's always very interesting to watch him, even when he plays bad because you know he is still going to be entertaining. It makes me sad to hear he was talking about his bad year in that way though. Poor Adrian.

His whiny antics remind me a lot of Coria too, I guess that's partly why I like him so much.

Thanks for the great report Fran and hopefully he will play a lot better next time you see him! Hope you continue to enjoy Hamburg, as I will enjoy living your experiences on here.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #822

MissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and here's Daniele in the pink shirt (I think he's his brother )
Logically, Adrian has an eldest brother (Morgan) and a youngest sister (Iris on this picture)

Old 07-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #823
country flag Truc

Wow, thanks! I haven't seen any of those faces there, but it's hard to tell now. I hadn't done my homework properly before my day trip, I hadn't checked the whole Mannarino family.
I think he has another older brother indeed, but I'm not sure either.

I just realized by seeing my post quoted that I called his opponent Beurken, what a Freudian slip! His name was Brunken, of course.

I see he's entered Segovia (outdoor hard - starts on the 3rd of August), maybe he will try other ATP qualies in the mean time? The Saturday match just didn't happen, he needs to play another match soon. Unless there really is something wrong with his shoulder, of course, but I don't think so because he didn't seem to mention it when he started to moan.
He also made me think of Calimero, btw, with his white cap, complaining that life was so unfair with him.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #824

Quote:
I see he's entered Segovia (outdoor hard - starts on the 3rd of August), maybe he will try other ATP qualies in the mean time?
For the next week, he's always registered on Umag, Los Angeles and Gstaad's entry lists (alternates' list, n°18 in Umag, n°15 in L.A and n°19 in Gstaad).

To be continued ...
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #825
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian entered the qualies of Montreal. He's only the #5 alternates of USO MD http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...58#post8870558 We already know that Nalby & Muller are out and many others players are doubtful so it means he could enter the draw directly without WC or qualies.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote