Adrian Mannarino Cheering Thread - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #751
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adrian Mannarino Cheering Thread

Thanks fot the pics

Adrian is currently two sets up in the final qualifying round
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #752
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He wanted to spare Big Daddy another tachycardia episode. Great job!
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #753
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian won main draw here we come!

Thanks for the pics, Jenny, they're brilliant!

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #754
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Adam was watching the match:
http://twitter.com/adeegee
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #755
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Jenny said he had a "hissy fit" Can't wait for her report.

Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #756
country flag Truc

I was just reading that too! I didn't know she was also there and "tweeting", I just spotted a "pfboa" in Adam's page.

I'm a bit envious, last time "the most beautiful dropshots " and now a hissy fit which "would make a 5 yr old proud", lucky her.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #757
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

I was right to expect him qualifying He's done it
Now, even if he gets a licking in the first round, nobody will be able to say he didn't deserve to be in the main draw (see L'Equipe )
Well done Adrian and I hope he can win a couple of matches more
Old 06-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #758
country flag Truc

From the tournament website:
Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #759
country flag Truc

And an older pic of his qualifying match against Nico at the Queen's:
Old 06-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #760
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

You're all welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Merci! We're lucky to have you because I'm not impressed by the photo gallery of the official website.

I really have to go to Roehampton one day to see how it goes with those courts so close to each other and without any separation. Isn't the game often disturbed by balls flying over from the match on the next court? It must be like hell to play next to a Gaël-like player constantly retrieving balls out of his reach.

No pics of "Magic" JR?
Thanks.

About play being disturbed by having the courts together, yes it does happen quite often, one match I was watching, when the other court started warming up serves, the players had to strop play and they were literally catching the serves on their court as the balls came down. Also Chiudinelli requested to the supervisor during his match that there was no way he would have doubles start next to him (the doubles players had just finished warming up), so they sent them to another court. It's a lovely intimate atmosphere at Roehampton but sometimes it's a little too close for the Player's comfort.

Unfortunately no, I only saw him briefly on Tuesday (haven't actually uploaded any pics from Tuesday yet) and I was too enamoured with his wonderful argument with the umpire.

OK, here are some notes on Adrian's match yesterday, please note these are not that informative since when I allow myself to get emotionally involved I forget details more easily.

Arrived at 1-1 in the 2nd set and watched till end. Initially Kavcic wasn't too impressive in any department and was doing little with the ball. Meanwhile Adrian was trying to expose Kavcic's inability to move forward by playing those 'signature' dropshots again. This was visibly pissing Kavcic off, unfortunately I don't understand Slovenian but he looked about to 'spit his dummy'. Adrian was coasting through the 2nd set in the end, unsing all the angles of the court and driving Kavcic into errors, looking goof off both FH and BH. Kavcic recovered his game more in the 3rd set and this combined with Adrian losing the ability to make a 1st serve meant the 3rd set was a more hard fought battle, with both players exchanging breaks of serve (the game where Adrian got broken had some bad errors including a DF and a awful missed smash with an open court, luckily Kavcic didn't play a great game afterwards to gift the break back).

There was no love lost between the players by this stage and they were each winding each other up (it was sarcasm vs bad temper of Kavcic, would have really boiled over if it went to 4 ). Adrian had taken on an almost sarcastic tone in his 'disbelief' at some good shots by Kavcic. At one point a FH passing shot by Kavcic totally wrong footed Adrian and as he tried to trun for it and failed to get it, he ended up right in my face. So he said towards me; "Bien joue, oui" about the play, in a sarcastic/frustrated tone (note: I was speaking to him on Tuesday and being 'audibly supportive' hence why he was 'acknowledging' me I guess). I just said 'ouias' then and allez because he seemed to be looking for some support and encouragement. All through this set he was having blatant coaching discussions with his Father, not sure he'll get away with that during Main Draw. He certainly needed to problem solve though his main problem was getting tight with the finish line in sight. At 5-6 30-30 on Kavcic's serve, Adrian was so frustrated he lay down on his back and kicked his legs in the air like a toddler having a tantrum, alas I couldn't hear what he was saying/whining because he was on the opposite side of the court from me. Adrian recovered/controlled his frustrationjust in time to play a good TB to finish the match finishing with a lovely FH touch volley. When he got the minibreak to go 4-2 up, he was so pumped up that he ran all the way to the other side of the court, fistpumping, it reminded me of Nadal (the way he sprints to the back of the court after the coin toss or to his chair after a good game).

Overall it wasn't as good a performance as his match against Robert but Robert was a much tougher opponent with more weapons, so his performance was still enough for today. It was still really entertaining to watch, on a personal note I could watch Adrian just hit balls all day because his strokes on both sides are so nice to watch and his touch shots are nearly always great as well. It was also entertaining for the needle and the stressed out rants in French/Slovenian respectively. Adrian at one stage was describing every play and shot that he was trying to make, especially when they missed (when Florent was coaching). 'Use your head' was a common yell of anguish. It was emotional and I let myself share in the emotion too much, so I had to stop myself audibly cheering at one point since I didn't want to mess with his rhythm- but he came through and made his First Grand Slam Main Draw by right. I'm really happy to have 'shared' this moment.

Now to do it all over again at SW19, allez.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++

Last edited by PinkFeatherBoa : 06-21-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Kavcic, LOL
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #761
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon draw (his rnd of 32):

Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (5) v Andreas Seppi ITA
Adrian Mannarino FRA v Marc Gicquel FRA
Paul Capdeville CHI v Vincent Spadea USA
Evgeny Korolev RUS v Igor Andreev RUS (29)

Definitely a better draw than Nando at AO or Robredo at RG, I hope he can at least get past Gicquel so he can potentially take on Del Potro on a nice big showcourt (and take him down ). Allez Adrian.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #762
country flag Truc

AWESOME report, thanks!

Marc isn't a pushover on grass, I've seen some good matches of him in Halle, 's Hertogenbosch and Wimby last year, but it's not as bad as the AO and the FO indeed.
They had close matches last year, Adrian even won in Metz! It's the match which made a fan out of me.
2008 Besancon Challenger QF Hard (I) M.GICQUEL 0-6 7-6(6) 4-6
2008 Metz QF Hard (I) A.MANNARINO 6-4 7-6(3)
Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM   #763
country flag jitterbug

Good luck Adri

Quote:
Old 06-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #764
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

It could have been nice to have a Spanish for his first round this time.
Gicquel is beatable. At least he's not too powerful for Adrian
Old 06-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #765
country flag Truc

A Brit would have been even better, easy AND on a TV court. But there aren't so many around, the LTA should pull a FFT and give main draw wild-cards to the likes of Eaton and Bloomfield imo.

Adam's pics posted in GM, he hasn't any of the "hissy fit", but they're great nonetheless:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/adeege...at=directlink#
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...44#post8738344