Adrian Mannarino Cheering Thread - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #241
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adrian Mannarino Cheering Thread

I think so.

The (now usual) daily article in L'Equipe, there's a little Mannarinomania already:
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #242
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Saw him a couple of years ago at RG Qualies against Darcis and took an instant liking towards him He can really mix up his game.

Also saw him get very painfully injured at Wimbledon qualies this year. It was really, really heartbreaking. I see he is still playing with a bandage on his knee out of protection.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #243
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

The summary of the article in L'Equipe:
Gicquel wasn't looking so disappointed after his defeat: "He's very solid. He returned well. I tried out different tactics, soft balls on the BH side, more aggressive in the rallies, S&V... He doesn't rush. He moves very well. He's dangerous when you try to play a winner. He isn't much to look at with his cap, but he plays very, very well." He had already beaten him in Besançon in 3 sets in February, but in Besançon "he gave me the 1st set 6-0. Here he's playing the right shots."

The soundness of his tactical choices and the ease to execute these shots are very appealing. Also his coolness, for example when he closed it out with a dropshot volley yesterday. Boutter (the tournament director): "I'm a fan. He has everything I was never able to acquire despite of working 6 hours a day: the talent and the easiness. He's zen too. He reminds me of two players at the same time: Rios and Mutis. Both exceptionally gifted in their own way. If he works on his condition, he'll be top 20 in one year."

The father gave up on his job to coach his son (he's tennis teacher, btw, yesterday's article sounded like he was a school teacher), but he isn't as 'dominant' as one might think first: "I'm not coaching Adrian, he is coaching himself and I'm there. I only tell him what he is willing to hear." He's not surprised by the success of his son: "He was lacking a little something. But he's had a fabulous hand and eye since he's 5 years old. He has great mental qualities and he showed them in that match. He was just a little bit better, but he managed to finish it off."

Former fan of Rios and Gaudio ("all the players with a strong personality because I'm a very nervous player who destroys racquets too, even if I'm controlling myself better now"), his game belongs more into the Simon-Murray-Mecir category: "I'm a counter player. I like to play slowly. My game is based on variations of pace. The idea is to provoke the error of the opponent rather than to win the point. I tend to stay behind my baseline and give the ball as less quality as possible to disturb the opponent. It's fun. Well, it is when you see the other guy make an error, not when he plays a winner after you put on a sprint 5 or 6 times during the rallye"!
The journalist means he's too modest and doesn't stress he can also finish the points very well, moving into the court, and that his left arm reminds of Golmard.
But Adrian means he hasn't really a strong shot. "All my shots are... not bad, but they all are perfectible. I have a complete game, but I always have the impression that I can do better."

Last edited by Truc : 06-21-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #244
country flag Truc

And the box at the bottom "Why so late?" (= why is he still pretty much unknown?). They give 3 reasons:
- he grew up late. "I was trying my best, but I wasn't among the best. Guys like Del Potro or Gulbis grew up all at once".
- lack of means. "I didn't play a lot of Juniors events. I was neither at the FFT nor in a tennis academy. It's expensive to travel on the Junior tour [and he doesn't like to travel either]. So I focussed on the Futures and Challengers by the age of 15 already." And it is paying off now: "The juniors are 'pampered', that's why so many of them have trouble moving their ass afterwards. My experience makes me really raring to win when I play a tournament like this one."
- lack of media exposure. "I'm less known than Chardy, Eysseric or Sidorenko. They've always had a greater media exposure than me. I was in the background compared to them, but I don't mind. I like being left alone to do my job. I'm perfectly fine that way."
Old 10-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #245
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute

He definitely seems an interesting player and character, thanks for posting all the articles
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #246
country flag Truc

His press conference in video:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6y...du-3-oct_sport
Old 10-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #247
country flag Cyril S.

Cyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your posts Truc!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #248
country flag Cyril S.

Cyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond reputeCyril S. has a reputation beyond repute

The ATP site has found a photo for Adrian's profile:
http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/player...yernumber=ME82
Old 10-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #249
country flag Truc

Who is that?
Edit: probably Diego Junqueira, it's a pic from his match against Junqueira on Getty - they picked the only one with the wrong legend.

At least they've corrected his height, he's been in talk for about 3 days only and I'm already so sick of the jokes about him being 3 m tall. ^^
But it's not completely accurate imo, he said he's 1,82 m and 64-65 kg.
He plays like many of the 1,75 m guys (Mutis, Rios, Grosjean, Coria...), but his build looked "Simonesque" to me.

Last edited by Truc : 10-04-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #250
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Truc for all the medias

really good to know more about him.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #251
country flag frici

frici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond repute

Metz

Adrian Mannarino(7.)-Eitzinger 1-6, 6-0, 7-6(3.)
Adrian Mannarino(7.)-Guez 6-2, 6-1
Adrian Mannarino(7.)-Serra(1.) 6-3, 6-1

Adrian Mannarino(Q.)-Seppi(6.) 6-4, 6-2
Adrian Mannarino(Q.)-Do Voest(Q.) 6-4, 7-5
Adrian Mannarino(Q.)-Gicquel 6-4, 7-6(3.)
Adrian Mannarino(Q.)-Mathieu 6-7(8.), 6-7(1.)

2008 victory/defeat indicator: 47/24

The results of 2008 tournament:

Winner: Great Britania F2, France F15
Finalist: Great Britania F1, France4
Semifinalist: Germany F1, Cherbourg, France F6, Rome, Surbiton
Quarter finalist: France F2 , Besanscon
2. Round: St. Breiuc, Grenoble
1. Round: Sarajevo, Athens, Cremona, Marrakech, Roland Garros,Bronx, Freudenstadt, Orlenas

Sets won/Sets lost: 102/56

Orbit cover balance 2008:

Hard: 34-14
Carpet: 3-1
Clay: 7-7
Grass: 3-2

Attila Balazs
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=1#post7653654
frici is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #252
country flag frici

frici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond reputefrici has a reputation beyond repute

Congartulisan Adrian!

Good luck next tournament!

Attila Balazs
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=1#post7653654
frici is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #253
country flag Truc

He was so close to win both sets, that almost counts like a win in my books.
And his game was much more fun to watch.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #254
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

So close for Adrian but still a great tournament. Was fun to watch him play again and he certainly made himself some more fans with his play this week (especially some media fans ).

It's Rennes next, yes? Good luck in Rennes, Adrian!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #255
country flag Truc

Yes, he will play Rennes next. He doesn't sound so enthusiastic about it in his audio interview. "I don't mind, but well..."

He says he was tired in the 2nd set, it was quite obvious too. He felt like Paulo was dominating, he didn't have many solutions anymore, needed to shorten the points.
As for that horrible, horrible miss on SP in the 1st set, he was not sure if he should play it DTL or cross, so he hit it into the bottom of the net. (DTL would have been the right answer imo!)
The level on the main tour seems not so far and far at the same time because he was playing at 100% all the time and the other guys probably not. And he also took advantage of the fact that some of them are tired at the end of the season. So he took his chance well on that tournament, but he'll remain "humble" and carry on with his "day-to-day existence" on the Challenger tour.
He still has a lot of things to work on: the condition, because he was tired today. The serve. Everything.