Men and Women equal pay at Grandslams..... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2015, 02:21 AM   #1
country flag ClutchedOnandBack
Banned!

ClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Men and Women equal pay at Grandslams.....

After watching Simona Halep's shocking tank and the dreadful quality in tennis incomparison to the guys over these last two weeks, can the Billie Jean King and her gang of feminists anymore make the case for this equal pay malarky?

I don't give 2 shits about 'sex'. All I care about is who creates the 'demand'. The ATP tour create the 'demand'. Do we see the empty seats? I could hear a fat Australian kid slurping on his ice-cream it was so quiet between Halep and Maka-bloody-rova. It's all about demand & supply. These WTA matches do not need to be supplied, for the demand (In-ticket buys) to be there. You should not even be contemplating the tank in the second week of an AusOpen. What are you tanking for? The French Open?

Simona Halep is quoted as saying - 'The quarter finals of the Australian Open is enough'

Last edited by ClutchedOnandBack : 01-27-2015 at 02:26 AM.
ClutchedOnandBack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2015, 02:45 AM   #2
country flag bluefork

bluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men and Women equal pay at Grandslams.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
After watching Simona Halep's shocking tank and the dreadful quality in tennis incomparison to the guys over these last two weeks, can the Billie Jean King and her gang of feminists anymore make the case for this equal pay malarky?

I don't give 2 shits about 'sex'. All I care about is who creates the 'demand'. The ATP tour create the 'demand'. Do we see the empty seats? I could hear a fat Australian kid slurping on his ice-cream it was so quiet between Halep and Maka-bloody-rova. It's all about demand & supply. These WTA matches do not need to be supplied, for the demand (In-ticket buys) to be there. You should not even be contemplating the tank in the second week of an AusOpen. What are you tanking for? The French Open?

Simona Halep is quoted as saying - 'The quarter finals of the Australian Open is enough'
I used to feel the same way. Ideally, the prize money for the men and women would be determined totally independently. However, since there are so many joint events, it's inevitable that people are going to compare the prize money for the two fields. And since increasing women's prize money to be equal with men's isn't really going to make much of a dent in the cost of the tournament, ultimately not having equal prize money serves no purpose other than stirring up controversy.

So I guess now I just think, the women want equal prize money at the slams? They probably don't deserve it, but who really cares?
Old 01-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
country flag ArnieHotShot

ArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond reputeArnieHotShot has a reputation beyond repute

It's political correctness at its most daft and actually discriminatory. Where the men play best of 5 the women should get 3/5ths prize money. It's like a part-timer being paid the same as a full-timer. Emperor and Her new clothes!

And the argument that the women train and practice as much, wel an Accountant has to take the same exams but if she works part-time she doesn't get full-time pay.
ArnieHotShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnieHotShot View Post
It's political correctness at its most daft and actually discriminatory. Where the men play best of 5 the women should get 3/5ths prize money. It's like a part-timer being paid the same as a full-timer. Emperor and Her new clothes!

And the argument that the women train and practice as much, wel an Accountant has to take the same exams but if she works part-time she doesn't get full-time pay.
I don't think best of 5 or best of 3 matters here. A track athlete doesn't get paid more than Bolt if he runs longer distances. As posted above, it should all be about supply and demand. But for combined events with mixed sessions, it is impossible to separate. For that reason same prize money may be the best option as it avoids more problems than it causes.
Apophis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #5
country flag Caro159

Caro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond reputeCaro159 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post

As if this kind of attitude has never been seen in men's tennis
Caro159 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
country flag multiculti

multiculti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond reputemulticulti has a reputation beyond repute

This is pure political correctness... Vast majority of people do NOT support this ridiculous false forced "equal pay". I blame the powers that don't have the balls to stand up to these histrionic demands by the aging feminazis in tennis (King, Navratilova,etc..)

It's well-known the male players are totally against it, though again, political correctness does not allow them to state such publicly....

Personally, I MUCH prefer watching, attending the mens-only 1000 tourneys to the slams. Don't have to put up with womens matches between the real tennis.. Go Montreal!!!! Go Monte Carlo!!!
multiculti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #7
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't give a fuck, equal pay or not equal pay, the men will still be making the same amount of cash. Does it really affect us or the men if women have equal pay? Not really. Now if the men would have to make less, then I get it.
Roger Federer
Donald Young
Gilles Muller
Ernests Gulbis
Djokovic, Wawrinka, Berdych, Murray, Dimitrov, Tsonga, Benneteau, Pospisil, Nieminen.
Forever the lone fanboy of Dustin Brown, the REAL GOAT.
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:29 PM   #8
country flag passingshotDTL
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~

passingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond repute

According to a Harris Poll, as reported by @darrenrovell of ESPN, women's tennis is now twice as popular as men's tennis in the USA, and rising while men's is falling. Beware, anti-equal-pay people, your time may be coming.

Paire
passingshotDTL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #9
country flag bluefork

bluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond reputebluefork has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingshotDTL View Post
According to a Harris Poll, as reported by @darrenrovell of ESPN, women's tennis is now twice as popular as men's tennis in the USA, and rising while men's is falling. Beware, anti-equal-pay people, your time may be coming.

I doubt women's tennis more popular in the rest of the world, though. And certainly tennis is overall much more popular outside the U.S., so I'm not sure how important these stats are.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:46 PM   #10
country flag MasterPredictor

MasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPredictor has a reputation beyond repute

US fans are the worst kind of sports fans in the world. They only watch WTA matches if they think one of the players is attractive. They're easily entertained by overgrown men tackling and touching each other for hours and can't appreciate a true sport like tennis.
MasterPredictor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:46 PM   #11
country flag passingshotDTL
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~

passingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefork View Post
I doubt women's tennis more popular in the rest of the world, though. And certainly tennis is overall much more popular outside the U.S., so I'm not sure how important these stats are.
I'm mostly teasing you guys.

I do think though that everyone who goes on about how ATP tennis is way more popular than WTA tennis may have a rude awakening once Federer & Nadal retire.
Paire
passingshotDTL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #12
Banned!

ClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond reputeClutchedOnandBack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I really hate to burst your bubble, but the world doesn't revolve around America and certainly does not tennis.

I feel extremely insulted that you find it appropriate to DISMISS any-fucking-one-else from the equation. Seriously.

Further-more this respective tournament is held in Australia. Also remember that American's have no male idols in tennis and there is currently Serena Williams dominating the women's game, breaking records.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 AM   #13
Banned!

Get out of your bubble FFS. You are a power-house interms of NUMBER and MILITARY. That's it.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:24 AM   #14
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

After the Williams sisters retire, I doubt this will be the case. But if there comes a time when more people want to watch women's tennis than men's, then fine they should be paid more For now, the men should.

Matosevic, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Stakhovsky, Brown, Sousa, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Istomin, Dolgopolov, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Gonzalez, Monaco, Thiem, Seppi
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:07 AM   #15
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think some people prefer WTA because it isn't all about serve like the ATP, so the rallies have more meaning and can be longer as well. They have to work hard to win points.

Also there are a lot of breaks of serve since the WTA is more about groundstrokes than serve (unlike the ATP which is dominated by serve), so it's easier to make comebacks in matches. Furthermore, they play 2/3 in the slams instead of 3/5 so upsets are more likely and I think that's why its popular. People like seeing upsets from time to time. Upsets are way less likely in 3/5 matches

Also another reason for upsets in women's tennis is sometimes players are playing during their "time of the month"

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote