We want a new title: Vamos Nico and Chile in Dusseldorf - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #16
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We want a new title: Vamos Nico and Chile in Dusseldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Good luck to Nico and Fernando I know how much they both like to play for Chile. Actually I don't even recall hearing about TWC until I got on the MTF so I can't really say I'm personally all that interested in it. In fact, I don't even understand how it works. I have noticed that some countries have more players listed than others so I just don't understand the whole thing myself :retard:
Every year I forget how it works.

But its fairly easy - each team plays against 3 other teams in a round robin format. And the team on each side that has the best record at the end of the round robin goes to the final.

So Nico and Fernando are guaranteed 3 singles matches here.

And each team can put in 5 players. But some teams don't have 5 players.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #17
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that Pato Rodiguez will be the coach.

Smucav on another thread explained that the #1 player for each team picks the coach. I knew Fer had something to do with who was coach but I thought it was that it was the coach of the #1 player. Normally I think the #1 would pick their coach, but since Fer doesn't have a coach, that left it up in the air.

I was hoping for Gaby, but I guess they wanted a Chilean. And that would leave Hans and Pato. Pato is there in Europe already since he's coaching Vince now so maybe that's why Fer picked him.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #18
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

...oh! THAT kind of title... OK... yeah, me too! [a bit embarrassed... ]

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #19
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
...oh! THAT kind of title... OK... yeah, me too! [a bit embarrassed... ]

Actually I thought the same thing at first too, and was trying to come up with a new title too! Hey its Friday, we've worked hard all week, so the brain is working a little slowly right now.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:33 PM   #20
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be interesting having Pato coaching the team, I was hoping for Gaby too but I guess that no matter what Gaby will be with Nico.

And about the title, well I got the all idea since the begining but now reading RogiFan posts I was all confused thinking wich was the "title" that we want

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #21
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Pato Rodriguez? I never heard this name before.

OOP Sunday May 21, Start at NOON

Red Group - Center Court I Germany vs. Italy

Blue Group - Center Court II Chile vs. Spain

I think they changed the OOP because Ancic, Acasuso, Stepanek and the Bryan twins still playing in Hamburg.

Last edited by TommyB. : 05-20-2006 at 10:20 AM.
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #22
country flag PoderShileno

PoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond reputePoderShileno has a reputation beyond repute

Vamoooos feña y nico¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
vamosss chileee¡¡¡¡¡
Old 05-20-2006, 10:18 PM   #23
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB.
Who is Pato Rodriguez? I never heard this name before.

OOP Sunday May 21, Start at NOON

Red Group - Center Court I Germany vs. Italy

Blue Group - Center Court II Chile vs. Spain

I think they changed the OOP because Ancic, Acasuso, Stepanek and the Bryan twins still playing in Hamburg.
Pato was Nico's coach for awhile - he coached Nico when he won the gold in Athens.

And Pato coached Andres Gomez obviously years ago, and Nico Lapentti for awhile. He's coaching Vince Spadea right now - they just started working together.

Gaby had been Nico's coach from like end of 2002 to the French Open 2004. Then Pato until the next French Open - they started off well together, but then Nico had all those injuries. It just seemed like Pato wasn't able to get Nico prepared to come back. Nico got frustrated, and that was the end of that. Plus there was a controversy about who should coach the DC team - Horacio was coach but Pato and other Chileans didn't want him. That was a huge fiasco. But they seem to still get along - Nico thought Pato was a nic guy. I saw a video of the player party at Estoril this year, and they were talking. And Nico is friends with Pato's son. Anyway after he fired Pato, Nico got Gaby back - who I love and adore and worship and hope Nico stays with him for the rest of his career.

Last edited by NicoFan : 05-21-2006 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #24
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

thanks NicoFan! I have only few informations about his coaches.

Nico starts soon. VAMOS!!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:18 AM   #25
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

The match already started, Verdasco is serving first

Vamooooos Nico!!!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 05-21-2006, 10:20 AM   #26
country flag kidnicky

Nico broke!!!

Vamoooos Nico!!!!!!!!!

1*-0

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 05-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #27
country flag NicoFan

Yeay!

I'm here!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #28
country flag NicoFan

I just have to find a sb - willl be right back.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #29
country flag TommyB.

Hi kidnicky!

Nico leads 2:0...great.

By the way - nice scoreboard...greeting to Munich, Hamburg etc.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #30
country flag NicoFan

Hey TommyB!!!!!!!!!!

Yeay for Nico!