-- Auf geht's in Hamburg, Kiwi #69!! -- - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #31
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: -- Auf geht's in Hamburg, Kiwi #69!! --

I was really surprised when I saw that Kiwi beat Melzer. Kiwi leads in the H2H, but Melzer is the better claycourt player. Anyways, it's great that he made it into the second round.

His next opponent will be Mirnyi (once again ). At least one of my boys will make it surely into the third round. Good luck Kiwi!

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 11:47 PM   #32
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
Zenzi, as you always know everything: Hannover 96 and Kiefer 69? Do I have to understand that? Isn't he able to know the name of his favorite football team?
Read four:love's translation (link in post #27 in this thread) of Kiefer's statement and you are pretty well informed. I also don't know anything more about that and as Kiefer himself said, he thought "it was the funniest" number. Of course, he was not allowed to select a number from 1 to 40 (or about this range) because these are usually already given to the active players of the team.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:56 PM   #33
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
How am I supposed to know?
Maybe by next time switching on your brain!
Just because it's Schalke 04 and Mainz 05, it doesn't mean every player or fan does have to wear the #4 or #5 on his shirt to be part of the team....

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 05-17-2006, 12:41 AM   #34
country flag Danika

Danika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond reputeDanika has a reputation beyond repute

Yes im so happy that Nicolas won!He is so awsome!And I love his new shirt!I think it's the coolest shirt any one has worn in tennis!Alotte of people are talking about it!Nicolas is very bold to wear it!
Good Luck To~Dominik Hrbaty~Karol Beck~Marat Safin~Dmitry Tursunov~Igor Andreev~Nicolas Kiefer~David Ferrer~Rafael Nadal~Andy Murray~Novak Djokovic~Janko Tipsarevic~Tomas Berdych~Richard Gasquet~Paul Henri Mathieu~Gilles Simon~Mario Ancic~
Danika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:07 AM   #35
country flag Neely
-

http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/robredo.asp
I saw Robredo mentioned Kiwi and the shirt in his blogM here is the relevant part for those who had not seen it yet:
Quote:
I also watched a little of the Kiefer match. He's creating quite a stir wearing his name and the number 69 on the back of his shirt. I don't know what the story is with the number but I'll try to find out. I can think of three possible answers: It's his lucky number, the number has been given to him by his football team, Hanover, or... I don't even want to think about the third reason.

Kiwi the 2nd match for Wednesday
Yes, he won against Mirny already many times, but it was close last time and I think it won't be easy for tomorrow. Also the more often you won against an opponent, the more difficult it could become the next time. I remember how Haas was 6-0 or 7-0 against him until he suddently lost one... so Kiwi better should be ready for it because Max also wants to start a streak

Last edited by Neely : 05-17-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:31 AM   #36
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

That is great.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:37 AM   #37
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW I'm so happy he was able to come back!!!! Great Job Kiwi!!! I love the new outfit. It's really a good idea, I think these jersey's should be more popular and more players should where them. But i'm glad that he's the first. I'm so mad we don;t get to see his matches in the US( aka no Eurosport).

Anyway good luck next round Kiwi!!
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:26 AM   #38
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

glad he won
good luck next round, kiwi

Like his headband (better than cap I think), but hate his shirt

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #39
country flag Phoe

Phoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't even want to think about the third reason.
*lol*
Phoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #40
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi starts with the green shirt today. I'm sure he did that because he believes it helps him because he finished with this shirt yesterday

But as bit like yesterday, he didn't loosen up yet and struggles to hit good shots. I hope he gains more control soon

Old 05-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #41
country flag Phoe

Phoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond reputePhoe has a reputation beyond repute

oh my god, what a desaster...
Old 05-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #42
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi stared playing well too late. He was completely off until 5-2 in the 2nd set where Kiwi finally returned better and had even 0-40 and another two or three break points. Mirnyi even hit a diving volley at a crucial moment to save a crosscourt passing shot of Kiefer. Mirnyi so very effective, a good match of him. I almost feared yesterday this was going to happen because I had this strange feeling, sad that I was right about it He already escaped in Monte Carlo where Mirnyi should have won (up a break in the third set), but not this time anymore.

BTW, it was an awful match until the last game where Kiwi finally played better, hit some good returns and passing shots. All the rest before, Mirnyi was overdominant at the net and Kiwi could not find a clue to pass him or what do against his serves. Also Kiwi's serve was not on fire, let alone to speak of his 2nd serve points where he was around 30% at the end of the match. Kiwi did not loosen up early enough while Mirnyi was present since the start.

Last edited by Neely : 05-17-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 PM   #43
country flag Phoe

There´ve been some nice balls of Nicolas, but Mirnyi was to good today...
Old 05-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #44
country flag Neely
-

Yeah, for today you have to give Mirnyi some He also played on his weakest surface and came into this match without a win in five encounters against Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoe
There´ve been some nice balls of Nicolas, but Mirnyi was to good today...
You have to see it like this: Only two more tournaments in Germany (World Team Cup, Halle), then he can play abroad again without a homecrowd expecting something from him or putting him under pressure to play well. A home tournament has been counter-productive for Kiwi since a few years already Best chance left is probably Halle, if he doesn't bring some nagging injury again with him from Roland Garros.

Last edited by Neely : 05-17-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:17 PM   #45
country flag Alexiana

Alexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond repute

that was a really bad defeat Didn't expect that.