HAMBURG: Another Bad Draw - Do Your Best Nico! - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-17-2006, 04:12 AM   #136
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAMBURG: Another Bad Draw - Do Your Best Nico!

Thanks for the report Tommy Girl. Tommy having to retire is so scary. Hope its nothing serious. After Rafa pulled out I thought Tommy would do well. Bad luck all round it seems.

About Dusseldorf-I wasn't thrilled they were going to do it again but Kid is right, it does mean a lot to both of them and that can't be measured I guess. Hopefully Nico will do well and have some fun and then kick some butt at RG.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 05:10 PM   #137
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

@Sparko

Tommy Girl?

Tommy H retired because of an allergy. I think it isn´t serious and he can play soon.

@NicoFan

The fashion wasn´t spectacular...white shirt and cap. Sorry i forgot that important thing but we notice the point "fashion" right now!
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #138
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report Tommy .... at least we know now that he's still using that white t-shirt

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #139
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Gracias TommyB - but shoot - the same white shirt?

Nico por favor - ask Adidas for a different shirt!!! I like the one Fernando has...that one would be cool.

Maybe we should all write to Adidas and tell them to send Nico a different shirt.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #140
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Let's writte the letter like the last time that we wanted blue and one week later we got Nico wearing blue

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 05-17-2006, 11:11 PM   #141
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
Let's writte the letter like the last time that we wanted blue and one week later we got Nico wearing blue

You're right! We did and it was instantaneous blue shirt!

Dear Adidas:

Please send Nico a different color shirt! We're begging you! Please please please please.

We really like the black one with the orange sleeves like Fernando is wearing, but at this point, we'd take anything that was different (but not the skin tight ones that Guille is wearing though...that's a definite no!).

BTW - I hope you have plans to do a # shirt like Kiefer is wearing for Diadora...that's very cool.

Gracias,

Nico's fans.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:46 AM   #142
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Gracias TommyB - but shoot - the same white shirt?

Nico por favor - ask Adidas for a different shirt!!! I like the one Fernando has...that one would be cool.

Maybe we should all write to Adidas and tell them to send Nico a different shirt.
He changed the shirt but there wasn´t any differences i thought.

By the way...Fernando played with the same style yesterday.
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #143
country flag NicoFan

Interview with Nico in Radio Cooperativa:

After losing for third consecutive time in the first round of a Masters Series, the viñamarino analyzed with calm his moment and was shown unworried by the eventuality of not to be seeded in Roland Garros.

Nicolas Massú (32º) was eliminated Tuesday in the first round of the Masters Series of Hamburg, just as occurred in Montecarlo and Rome, but far from being worried, the viñamarino was taken with tranquility this bad gust of wind of results, vouched for by the good tennis that has shown in his judgment.

"I believe that I am playing well, perhaps I am not playing extraordinary, but I am playing well enough, I am doing the things well", affirmed Massú in dialogue with Radio Cooperativa.

The Olympic champion considered that "in the court I believe that I have had good matches, perhaps not in important moments where has touched me to close or exactly important perhaps I have not played so well as to win the matches".

"I have lost the matches there, by a break in a set, a that another important ball that it I have not played well and the truth is that in Montecarlo, Rome and here the same thing has passed me and is to expect that continue not me passing", added.

Massú runs the risk of be not head of series in Roland Garros the next one great challenge after the World Cup by Teams of Düsseldorf. Nevertheless, this neither restless al number two national.

"My goal was to arrive seeded to Roland Garros and I am there. I depend on some results, of some players that be erased and I hope to be seeded. If not, I will try to do possible the best", commented.

"I do not worry a lot of the pictures, because when touches you in the first round is difficult, already later in second or third when already you won a match the thing is seen different. But to win Roland Garros and for arrive up one has to win him to all", added.
(Cooperative.cl)
Old 05-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #144
country flag NicoFan

Looks from Judio's calculation that he will miss it by one. He's ranked 35 right now, and 34 is the cutoff to be seeded for RG.

Which means the only way he can be seeded is for another person to drop out.

The joy of RG coming up is now gone.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #145
country flag kidnicky

Oh well, maybe someone else will drop out, you never know besides maybe he'd have better luck with the draw if he's not seeded, I mean there's no such thing as a good draw on these kind of tournaments, and to be seeded doesn't mean that you'll get in the first round a player that's beyond the 100, we got a qualifier the last RG and everyone know what happened so well I'm sad because he won't be seeded, but not for the possible draw (I'm used to bad ones now) is because I know that he wanted to acomplish this goal.

NicoFan, great letter for Adidas we should send it today

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 05-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #146
country flag NicoFan

You're right - last year he got a qualifier and it was a first round loss.

But in Slams, to be seeded is very important unlike in a Masters Series event where every draw is pretty much a bad draw.

So this is truly bad news for him.

We can only hope that someone else drops out.

Last edited by NicoFan : 05-18-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #147
country flag kidnicky

Well NicoFan, he's calmn (or at least he's trying to do it) so we've to be calmn .... we can only hope to not have another top ten in the first round and well we'll see what happens, we never got good luck on grand slams so I'll try to take a pill to not make an scene like the last year he did great at our beloved USO so I'm expecting more from that.

And if Nico weren't in "trouble" with his ranking, I'd preffer for him to skp the all grass season

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 05-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #148
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you who may be interested.....................our TV has shown Nico a lot this afternoon - watching both the Acasuso match, and now the Gonzalez match. He was with Gaby at the Acasuso match and looked quite serious - but now he is with a group of friends chatterng and laughing away and looking very happy with life! Fashion note - he is wearing a black tracksuit with red trimming, and his hair is loose.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #149
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
For those of you who may be interested.....................our TV has shown Nico a lot this afternoon - watching both the Acasuso match, and now the Gonzalez match. He was with Gaby at the Acasuso match and looked quite serious - but now he is with a group of friends chatterng and laughing away and looking very happy with life! Fashion note - he is wearing a black tracksuit with red trimming, and his hair is loose.
Thanks Rosie! Alexito put up 3 screenshots. Nice to hear that he is having a good time!

And a special thanks for the fashion report!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #150
country flag kidnicky

Thanks Rosie I can't believe that I wasn't at home to see that on tv

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini