The "Where did the Tursunmaniacs go?" chat thread - Page 200 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #2986
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Harem of Tursunov Fanboy Ted" Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
Hello Di :hat: Your French is simply amazing I love people who love languages. I personally love English (which I teach ) Spanish and German. My sister and a good friend of mine live in Spain, I've been there quite a lot, and I've studied it for 8 years. I've studied English for 13 years (and I've lived in the States for a year) and I had never learnt German before I decided to go and live there (also for a year). There, you know more about my background Your interest in me makes you Tedinette No.1 right now

My apartment will be located in Melun, which is the southern part of the Paris County.

To answer your questions, in France, as a secondary teacher, you can teach kids in middle school (they're about 11-15 years old) or high school students (they're about 15-18 years old) or even BTS Students (who are undergraduates actually). We can teach BTS because their courses take place in high schools.
For the past year I've been teaching to 8th and 9th graders (about 13-15 years old) and I don't know yet in which school I'll be teaching in September, the government just sent me to Melun, that's all I know..

Awww thank you for worrying.
I had tried to add another message on your wall but the connection went off and the page got lost
Ted Merci Beaucoup I am pleased to take an interest in you, you are most admirable Ted

I'm glad you teach English. You should come to England and teach,cos some of our English teachers are not very good.

I am trying to learn German too,I think I am better at it then I am at French. I'll try some of it on you OK,Ich wunsche dir gute Besserung

I have heard of Melun,there was a world class French player that came from there, Arnaud Boetsch.
I hope you enjoy your time in Melun. When you move into your apartment,will you have a housewarming party the way we do in England?

Have a nice day Ted

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #2987
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Bonjour Monsieur Ted? So I see that you are not only handsome, but intelligent and well-travelled too I am almost tempted to ask you to marry me, but not sure how I could explain that away to the man in my life

It's great to learn more about you. I studied French to A'Level (age 18) here, and also Spanish, though I am more comfortable with the Slavic languages, not the Latin ones. And have to admit I have never liked or got on with German

Di - good morning

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #2988
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Good day, Ladies

Di, thank you for the compliments, you're adorable. I didn't know Boetsch came from Melun. We still hear from him quite a lot since he's a TV commentator for Roland Garros every single year.
I'm glad you and Rosie love languages as well. You can try your german on me, Ich freue mich darauf

Rosie, I used to dislike German real bad. I couldn't stand the sounds whatsoever But I decided to overcome the predjudice and flew away to
Münster which is a little paradise, one of Europe's finest cities :blushing: --> for real.

And I began to like the language and people because I actually had real fun over there Plus, German was like a challenge to me, and a game too : get the words in the right order, and pronounce them properly ! I liked that !

Rosie, I don't know if you want to say what you do in life on MTF, if you feel uncomfortable saying it on the thread, make sure you send me a PM You too Di
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #2989
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good day, Ladies

Di, thank you for the compliments, you're adorable. I didn't know Boetsch came from Melun. We still hear from him quite a lot since he's a TV commentator for Roland Garros every single year.
I'm glad you and Rosie love languages as well. You can try your german on me, Ich freue mich darauf

Rosie, I used to dislike German real bad. I couldn't stand the sounds whatsoever But I decided to overcome the predjudice and flew away to
Münster which is a little paradise, one of Europe's finest cities :blushing: --> for real.

And I began to like the language and people because I actually had real fun over there Plus, German was like a challenge to me, and a game too : get the words in the right order, and pronounce them properly ! I liked that !

Rosie, I don't know if you want to say what you do in life on MTF, if you feel uncomfortable saying it on the thread, make sure you send me a PM You too Di
Well please believe me that my dislike of the German language has nothing to do with the country of the people. I have several German friends who are very dear to me - two girls in Hamburg and one in Munich, who I care about deeply. I have visited there many times, and love the German countryside and the welcome I get from the people there. I just don't like the language.

As - for what I do - well how long have you got? No seriously - I trained and worked as a journalist after leaving Uni (degree in English), then I got bored with that and re-trained and worked as a Social Worker, and have also done many contracts and jobs in fields as varied as HR and legal secretarial stuff. To be honest I hate working I am not career-orientated or ambitious ...... I go where the money is best and the holidays are longest And the minute my mortgage is paid off I will give it up completely and be a "lady of leisure" Many people are shocked by my attitude - but it's just the way I am. A job/career does not define or fulfill me at all I also get bored really easily with any job Now I am job-hunting again.

OK - I need to go for half an hour or so. Back soon

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 07-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #2990

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree. A job doesn't necessarily define who you are. I believe we're lile crystals, with millions of facettes, interests. We're so.. complex. And I like that
So, I don't really care what you do, I just cared because I had interest in you, and I was curious

Let's change jobs again, let's create our own tournament. Wouldn't that be a dream?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #2991
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
I totally agree. A job doesn't necessarily define who you are. I believe we're lile crystals, with millions of facettes, interests. We're so.. complex. And I like that
So, I don't really care what you do, I just cared because I had interest in you, and I was curious

Let's change jobs again, let's create our own tournament. Wouldn't that be a dream?
Sounds like a great idea to me Strangely, we had a similar conversation on Nole's Forum yesterday - generally involved a private house, a large swimming pool,and several hunky tennis players of the girls' choice So who would you have in your 8-man field then Ted the Tournament Director?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #2992

an 8 man field ?? Let's see...

1 - Misha
2 - Kohl
3 - Dima
4 - Tipsy
5 - Nole
6 - Oli (Rochus)

Then I must admit I hesitate, it would have to be 2 of the following : Hewitt, Simon, Nalbandian, Robredo, GULBIS, Davydenko, Calleri, Wawrinka, Clément, Santoro. I'd like to say Hewitt for the show, Nalbandian for the talent, Santoro for the beauty of the gameplay... It's hard to tell..

7 - Hewitt
8 - Gulbis (Di is sooo going to fall for me now )

I would have a 16-man field anyway

What about you Rosie ?

What about having a mixed doubles thingy on the side ?? I'd like to see some of the WTA players as well
Old 07-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #2993
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
an 8 man field ?? Let's see...

1 - Misha
2 - Kohl
3 - Dima
4 - Tipsy
5 - Nole
6 - Oli (Rochus)

Then I must admit I hesitate, it would have to be 2 of the following : Hewitt, Simon, Nalbandian, Robredo, GULBIS, Davydenko, Calleri, Wawrinka, Clément, Santoro. I'd like to say Hewitt for the show, Nalbandian for the talent, Santoro for the beauty of the gameplay... It's hard to tell..

I would have a 16-man field anyway
Interesting Why Oli Rochus though? Didn't know you were a fan of his. And I think Di would definitely like you to invite Mr.Gulbis to join the party

As for mine - I guess I will go for my own personal kind of "eye candy" and be a shallow fangirl So will say:-

Nole
Janko
Dima
Misha
Calleri
Cilic
Gulbis (for Di)
Andreev

Anyway - I am off to bed now Talk to you tomorrow I hope

Old 07-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #2994
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Ted Great idea

Yes,I think a 16 player field, and I think we should have a mixed doubles tournament. I'll even have a bash at some pairings for you.

Nole/Ana Ivanovic
Ernests/Di
Tommy Robredo/Anabel Medina Garrigues
Dima/Nadia Petrova
Igor Andreev/Maria Kirilenko (Of course)
Janko/Jelena Jankovic
Stanislas Wawrinka/Maria Sharapova
Jamie Murray/Casey Dellacqua(Australia)

Ted Ich freue mich darauf means I look forward

Ted,Haben ich sagte Ihnen, dass Sie uber eine erstaunliche Weise der bezaubernden Vogel von den Baumen!!!

Rose Thank for your honesty about having a career,I really respect that. I think we all would like to be that in an ideal world. Clever people like you get bored really easily,I can understand that. I am not shocked by what you say at all. Its good that you got your degree,trained in social work,and journalism,thats really great.

I've had a lot of little temporary jobs. One was as a clerical worker in a Day Centre for people with Learning Disabilities. I have Learning Disabilities myself but nowhere on the scale of Day Centre Users, I felt right at home in this environment,but the truth was that the management were a bit jealous that I understood their needs so well, and didn't like it every time I left the office to go in the Main Room and talk to them They said my work was suffering It was like they didn't want me to care which I understood to be one of the reasons why they gave me the job, because I do care. I had to do a very difficult job with little support, and be the eyes, ears and voice of the Service Users very often. I used to see Users have epileptic fits,have fights,assault other staff,etc. Then I hurt my back there and had to leave because they wouldn't let me take reduced hours

At this point I was so traumatised by this experience that I had to take a break from work,I had a nervous breakdown

I have also done casual work in the fields of Regeneration, Sport and Leisure, and Electoral Registration for a local council. (All of which I enjoyed a lot).

Thats why I am now studying and volunteering. When I am ready for paid work again,I will get support to do so. I'm doing a 3 year Law Course, which is Home study based(for 1st year anyway). I also volunteer in a Citizens Advice Bureaux 2 days a week. I am receiving training to help advise people in matters of housing,debt,benefits,welfare rights amongst many other things. I am finding I really enjoy the work,though its quite sad to see so many people with social/economic problems in a supposed rich country like mine.

Its the best part of my life right now. I'm not in a rush for this to end Now I have learnt the value of being happy in a job, and not in it for the money. As long as I can get by financially I am quite happy. Everyone has their own needs in life for money, career etc, and I respect that.

Enough of the serious stuff. I feel great today,its Friday,the sun is shining, my silly cold is getting better Fridays are my day to do with as I please. Craig is finishing work at lunch time and I'll pick him up and I think we'll go for a lovely walk

Rose,Hows the lovely Alex? I'm thinking of Wilby too I hope all your other cats are fine, and I am sure Wilby will be OK when he has that anaesthetic,be strong sweetie,I'm thinking of you too

Anyway,I'm going to have a nice leisurely breakfast now. I must be the only one who confesses to loving marmite on a piece of toast

Have fun all Till later.

Last edited by patchett : 07-11-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #2995
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Morning

Hi Di - thanks for sharing so much about yourself here I am a bit busy this mornng -don't have so much time for MTF til after lunch But just wanted to say I think you are an amazingly strong and positive person, and I admire that. Whatever you do in your life - you will do it with humour, passion and fortitude -and I think it's wonderful

Later

PS. If you get to play mixed doubles with Ernests, please can I play with Nole?

Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #2996
country flag but-it's-ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Morning

Hi Di - thanks for sharing so much about yourself here I am a bit busy this mornng -don't have so much time for MTF til after lunch But just wanted to say I think you are an amazingly strong and positive person, and I admire that. Whatever you do in your life - you will do it with humour, passion and fortitude -and I think it's wonderful

Later

PS. If you get to play mixed doubles with Ernests, please can I play with Nole?
Thanks Rose. You say the sweetest things I just noticed 'Feeling really sad' above your Avatar. I'll think of ways to cheer you up Its raining here,so Craig and I are going to go shopping I know you're thinking about Alex a lot too just now. I wish there was something I could do sweetie

And yes,of course you can play mixed doubles with Nole,me and Ernests'll take you both on

I'll be around on and off through today. Take care

Old 07-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #2997

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Yes,I think a 16 player field, and I think we should have a mixed doubles tournament. I'll even have a bash at some pairings for you.

Nole/Ana Ivanovic
Ernests/Di
Tommy Robredo/Anabel Medina Garrigues
Dima/Nadia Petrova
Igor Andreev/Maria Kirilenko (Of course)
Janko/Jelena Jankovic
Stanislas Wawrinka/Maria Sharapova (ADDED BY TED) --> WHYYYYY what a weird pairing Jamie Murray/Casey Dellacqua(Australia)

Ted Ich freue mich darauf means I look forward
No, it means "I'm looking forward to it" (darauf = to it)
I look forward to.. would be "Ich freue mich auf..."

As for my teams :

Misha / Ana
Ernests / Radwanska
Dima / Chakvetadze
Murray / Jankovic
Wawrinka / Patty
Calleri / Dulko
Nole / Maria
Oli / Camille (pin)
Old 07-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #2998
country flag but-it's-ok

Quote:
No, it means "I'm looking forward to it" (darauf = to it)
I look forward to.. would be "Ich freue mich auf..."

As for my teams :

Misha / Ana
Ernests / Radwanska
Dima / Chakvetadze
Murray / Jankovic
Wawrinka / Patty
Calleri / Dulko
Nole / Maria
Oli / Camille (pin)
Ted Es tut mir leid It shows I need a good teacher like you Making mistakes is the only way to learn. Anyway, I have noted the mistake I made in my little black book

Your pairings are cool Yes,the Ernests/Radwanska pairing is as crazy as my Jamie and Casey one, and Stani and Maria Sharapova Jamie and Jelena-I sure wish they had played together at SW19 this year

I like a lot French tennis players. I used to enjoy watching Cedric Pioline. I remember seeing him win TMS Monte Carlo on TV. I can remember reading he reached 9 ATP Finals before he won one.

Tell me Ted,are you into football? I am desperate to chat about football. J'adore football I visited Parc des Princes whilst I was in Paris. They were just beginning to build Stade de France then ready for the World Cup in 1998 I wasn't very old then.

a bientot Tschuss,bis bald

Last edited by patchett : 07-11-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Ted Es tut mir leid It shows I need a good teacher like you Making mistakes is the only way to learn. Anyway, I have noted the mistake I made in my little black book

Your pairings are cool Yes,the Ernests/Radwanska pairing is as crazy as my Jamie and Casey one, and Stani and Maria Sharapova Jamie and Jelena-I sure wish they had played together at SW19 this year

I like a lot French tennis players. I used to enjoy watching Cedric Pioline. I remember seeing him win TMS Monte Carlo on TV. I can remember reading he reached 9 ATP Finals before he won one.

Tell me Ted,are you into football? I am desperate to chat about football. J'adore football I visited Parc des Princes whilst I was in Paris. They were just beginning to build Stade de France then ready for the World Cup in 1998 I wasn't very old then.

a bientot Tschuss,bis bald
Remember that when you say Ich freue mich auf talking about the future, it means I'm looking forward to... However if you use Ich freue mich dass + past, it means "I enjoyed that.." I loooooove German.

I am NOT into football/soccer. I refuse to take part in the increasing hustle about this game. It is less elegant, less complex, less tactical than tennis.
Plus, tennis is about opposing single souls, not teams filled up with dummies

Sorry I'm being mean about this game that you seem to love, but as a friend I hope you will respect my opinion without ceasing loving me
Old 07-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #3000
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Remember that when you say Ich freue mich auf talking about the future, it means I'm looking forward to... However if you use Ich freue mich dass + past, it means "I enjoyed that.." I loooooove German.

I am NOT into football/soccer. I refuse to take part in the increasing hustle about this game. It is less elegant, less complex, less tactical than tennis.
Plus, tennis is about opposing single souls, not teams filled up with dummies

Sorry I'm being mean about this game that you seem to love, but as a friend I hope you will respect my opinion without ceasing loving me
Ted I love you Your views on football are pretty much exactly as mine - I loathe it. Loads of overpaid, overhyped, mostly illiterate slobs with foul mouths, no brains and mostly hooligan fans Sorry Di - of course not all fans are hooligans I know Aleka and Frens love football - it's probably only Ted and I who hate it