The Tennis "Happy Families" project - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Tennis "Happy Families" project

Hi Dimafans and especially Tedinettes

So, I have this crazy idea (and when I have a crazy idea, you can be sure I'll do everything possible for it to happen) of having our own tennis happy families game.

We can design it all together, and then I'll figure out how to get it printed.

Happy Families is a traditional card game. In the UK it is traditionnaly played with a specially made set of picture cards, featuring illustrations of fictional families of four, most often based on occupation types. The idea of the game is to collect whole families. This is done by asking another player whether they have a certain card. If they don't have it, it is their turn to ask. If they do, they have to pass it to the first player, who can ask again. Play continues until a player matches all of his or her cards into family groups.

In Europe it's exactly the same, except we play with fictional families of 6 members (The father, the mother, the son, the daughter, the grand-pa, the grand-ma)

I had this idea of having the game adapted to tennis !!!
We don't have to limit ourselves to 6 members, we can easily go up to 8.

We can have many families as well (I think that more than 13 families woulb be too much, but that's my personal opinion.

I thought of 11 families so far (not necessarily based upon countries, but rather on "zones")

Tell me what you think, and feel free to adjust it !!!!
I don't think we should have "father, mother, son.. etc." but I don't know what categorie to adopt. I came up with names, but add or remove whatever you want.

1) The Big Cold Family (please, come up with better titles )
(roughly: russia, scandinavia, latvia...)
we have to pick 8 (or more) out of the following:
Gulbis
Borg
Johansson
Kafelnikov
Sharapova
Safin
Myskina
Dementieva
Youzhny
Tursunov
Kuznetsova
Chakvetadze
Kirilenko
Andreev
Wilander
Edberg

2) Baila mi corazon (roughly, spanish speaking countries + brazil)
Nadal
Ferrero
Moya
Sabatini
Vilas
Gaudio
Nalbandian
Bueno
Kuerten
Coria
Martinez
Sanchez
Dulko
Suarez
Gonzalez
Massu
Robredo
Medina

3) Captain America
Serena
Roddick
Venus
Blake
Davenport
Capriati
Agassi
Ashe
Navratilova
Evert
King
McEnroe
Connors
Fernandez

(I'll continue on a second post)

Last edited by tedlesurfeur : 08-02-2008 at 08:47 PM.
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #2

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tennis "Happy Families" project

4) Yugoslavia (bad title )
Djokovic
Ivanovic
Jankovic
Tipsarevic
Ljubicic
Ancic
Majoli
Zimonjic
Srebotnik
Lucic
Seles
Ivanisevic

5)Pacific warriors (roughly: australia, japan, china)
Hewitt
Sugiyama
Goolagong
O'Neil
Dokic
Molik
Laver
Li
Date
Court-Smith
Knowles
Rafter
Philipoussis
Stosur
Stubbs..

6)High in the Alps ? (roughly : switzerland, austria..)
Federer
Hingis
Wawrinka
Schnyder
Gagliardi
Backinsky
Müster
Schett
Rosset
Melzer...

7)Eiffel Tower
Gasquet
Mauresmo
Durr
Tsonga
Mathieu
Simon
Pierce
Golovin
Bartoli
Clement
Grosjean
Pioline
Tauziat
Noah
Leconte...

8)North Sea Gods (roughly: Belgium, Netherlands, UK)
Henin
Murray
Clijsters
Krajicek
Henman
Rochus
Malisse
Appelmans
Verkek
Haarhuis
Siemerink
Wade...

9)The deep forests of central europe (roughly : Germany, Czek Rep., Slovakia)
Graf
Haas
Vaidisova
Stitch
Lendl
Kiefer
Kohlschreiber
Hantuchova
Stepanek
Berdyck
Hrbaty
Korda
Mandlikova
Becker..

10)Mediterranean Sun (roughly : Italy, Grece, The Balkans, Israel, The Maghreb)

Baghdatis
Schiavone
Pavel
Szavay
Mirnyi
Nastase
Pietrangelli
Farina Elia
Pennetta
Sanguinetti
Bolelli
Seppi
Daniilidou
Peer
El Aynaoui...

11) Indian Ocean (roughly: South Africa, India..)
Mirza
Black
Black
Coetzer
Paes
Bhupathi
Ullyett
Ferreira
Moodie
De Swardt...

Last edited by tedlesurfeur : 07-23-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #3

Feel free to sort them out differently or create your own categories, I came up with those, but I may be wrong. Or you may think it's badly organized.

Anyway, I guess we'll vote in the end
Old 07-23-2008, 02:21 AM   #4
country flag jhappy

jhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond reputejhappy has a reputation beyond repute

what a interesting idea, Ted!

As for the Yugoslavia title.. how bout Powerkeg (since it was the centre of the Balkan Powder keg violence)... yeah I don't know. Hopefully someone comes up with something better.

Congratulations to Ted and Jhappy - both thread leaders in October 2009 to you all
jhappy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
country flag *Elsie*

*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea Ted But if we design and print it, how on earth can we play it? Or are we supposed to play it at your housewarmingparty in December?

As for groupe 3, bad title indeed How about "the beasty boys from the Balkans"? Oh and btw, this is a menstennisforum

Only one Dutchie Could we include Martin Verkerk? After all he played a RG final. You can also pick Haarhuis or Siemerink
*Elsie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Elsie* View Post
Great idea Ted But if we design and print it, how on earth can we play it? Or are we supposed to play it at your housewarmingparty in December?

As for groupe 3, bad title indeed How about "the beasty boys from the Balkans"? Oh and btw, this is a menstennisforum

Only one Dutchie Could we include Martin Verkerk? After all he played a RG final. You can also pick Haarhuis or Siemerink
I know this is menstennisforum but sticking to the concept of happy families, and as I'm NOT creating two games (one for MTF, the other for WTAW, no way), I'm creating only one sole game

So your title isn't satisfying at all Elsie, usually you're somewhere near perfection, but this morning I happen to quite disagree with you

Including Verkek, Haarhuis and Siemerink ? sure... just remember a final vote from members will decide who we keep in the different families
Old 07-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #7

I'm not satisfied with families 10 and 11. There's no one in them we should find a way to meddle them into whatever.

Oh, I forgot, once we have decided the players, we'll have to choose the right pictures for the print out

Last edited by tedlesurfeur : 07-23-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
country flag *Elsie*

*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute*Elsie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
I know this is menstennisforum but sticking to the concept of happy families, and as I'm NOT creating two games (one for MTF, the other for WTAW, no way), I'm creating only one sole game

So your title isn't satisfying at all Elsie, usually you're somewhere near perfection, but this morning I happen to quite disagree with you

Including Verkek, Haarhuis and Siemerink ? sure... just remember a final vote from members will decide who we keep in the different families
So you disagree In your firtst post you said "tell me what you think and feel free to adjust it"

As for the title of groupe 3 Beasty boys and bitches form the Balkans
Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #9
country flag *Elsie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
I'm not satisfied with families 9 and 10. There's no one in them we should find a way to meddle them into whatever.

Oh, I forgot, once we have decided the players, we'll have to choose the right pictures for the print out
I am not satisfied with family 9 neither, where tf is Arazi?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thomas - interesting idea. Definiately NOT Yugoslavia though - that is NOT a good name at all As I happen to think the people in that group are undoubtedly the best looking of all the teams (well apart from Ljubicić ), I'm inclined to name them something like "Balkan Beauties" But others may not agree And where the hell are Troicki, Vemić, Krajinović and Pashanski? Not to mention the stunningly gorgeous Marin Cilić?

Oh - and can't the UK one have Jamie Murray too? Or poor Andy will be alone without his brother And where are Chris Eaton, Alex Bogdanović and Laura Robson?

You'll wish you hadn't asked for contributions now

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #11
country flag *Elsie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Thomas - interesting idea. Definiately NOT Yugoslavia though - that is NOT a good name at all As I happen to think the people in that group are undoubtedly the best looking of all the teams (well apart from Ljubicić ), I'm inclined to name them something like "Balkan Beauties" But others may not agree And where the hell are Troicki, Vemić, Krajinović and Pashanski? Not to mention the stunningly gorgeous Marin Cilić?

Oh - and can't the UK one have Jamie Murray too? Or poor Andy will be alone without his brother And where are Chris Eaton, Alex Bogdanović and Laura Robson?

You'll wish you hadn't asked for contributions now
I don't agree on "Balkan Beauties" as long as Ljubicic and Jankovic are in it

Oh and Germany is Western Europe not central Europe. And who tf is Durr?

Poor Teddo As least you can't say we don't contribute
Old 07-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #12
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Elsie* View Post
I don't agree on "Balkan Beauties" as long as Ljubicic and Jankovic are in it

Oh and Germany is Western Europe not central Europe. And who tf is Durr?

Poor Teddo As least you can't say we don't contribute
I think I am the only person in the world, who actually thinks Janković is attractive I do agree about Ljubo though - he has a face only a Mother could love - and of course, soon to become the proud father of a little Ljubo (Hope it looks like Aida and not him!)

Francoise Durr was an old French player - back in the 60's and 70's........ but have to say if we're including her,- where the hell is Tim Henman?

As you say - poor Teddo - he'll wish he never started this with all us demanding women wanting our own way

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
I think I am the only person in the world, who actually thinks Janković is attractive I do agree about Ljubo though - he has a face only a Mother could love - and of course, soon to become the proud father of a little Ljubo (Hope it looks like Aida and not him!)

Francoise Durr was an old French player - back in the 60's and 70's........ but have to say if we're including her,- where the hell is Tim Henman?

As you say - poor Teddo - he'll wish he never started this with all us demanding women wanting our own way
It's just that I wrote the list on the spur of the moment, so I forgot many players, that is OBVIOUS

Please copy and paste the lists, adding whoever you think should be added

Elsie, Germany is central Europe to me I may be confused but it's pretty central to me

Elsie, watch your language where do you think you are? You shouldn't swear, there are ladies present

Balkans for families 3 ??? The Balkans include many more countries then, like romania, bulgaria, greece..

Oh, but I made a mistake, the Djokovic family should be No.4
Old 07-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Ted, I havent really got the strength to oppose anything you have put in there, but I probably will at some point. The titles could do with changing perhaps, but my imagination is empty at the moment. Great idea you have

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Ted, I havent really got the strength to oppose anything you have put in there, but I probably will at some point. The titles could do with changing perhaps, but my imagination is empty at the moment. Great idea you have
Thank you

Yes, if you can come up with better titles, that would be great

What do you agree with ? The Pacific family ? The Eiffel family ?